• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[QUESTIONS] Update of Game Rules

• Thread starter DeletedUser16026
  • Start date

DeletedUser101925

I don't have any questions. Just wanted to say well done! :D

DeletedUser

Some nice changes to the clarity of the Rules but I have a question in regard to Rule 8 if you would be kind enough to clarify it just a little please.

8) Pushing
Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account.
Trades in any form (goods, Forge Points, etc.) that involve multiple worlds are forbidden.

Does the last line of this Rule formally legitimise the trading of FPs for Goods WITHIN a World since it does say "in any form" and will you be able to track this activity properly with the relevant Logs that would support it ??

Thanks in advance

SHELOB

DeletedUser16026

Trading FPs for goods (and vice versa) in the same world was formally okay with the previous rule as well (that line was there in the previous version of the rules and has not undergone any changes), so as long as that trading isn't extremely in favor of one party.

How we track this activity within our system is not something that we can discuss.

DeletedUser653

Generally i think a good cleaning up of the rules, one concern, the rule on Pushing has changed a lot and could catch out many players.
It used to say
7) Pushing
Operating a push account is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (goods, Forge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.
It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Forge Points etc) that involve multiple worlds.
And now says
8) Pushing
Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account.
Trades in any form (goods, Forge Points, etc.) that involve multiple worlds are forbidden.

The big change is that there are thousands of players with multiple accounts (one per world of course) and in most extreme cases you can see diamond citys which are stacked with Wishing wells looking for diamonds to use in main city. This is now banned as i read it and could cause hundreds of players to be kicked out of the game. Many many players have 2nd, 3rd, even 9th worlds and most tend to play these occasionally and the main use is to collect diamonds to use in main world(s) - again this is now banned.
I think this new ruling is going to cause some big problems if its implemented as its written.

DeletedUser16026

The rewriting of the definition is for clarification purposes, while there is little to no change in how we search for violations of this type.

Even with the previous rule, as explained in another thread, not every single "unbalanced trade" we see resulted in a ban. It is when these trades go to the extremes and when the majority of the resources an account produces go toward a different account. This would imply that you're not playing for your own benefit but for the benefit of the other account, which is clarified with the new rule.

Are "farming cities" potentially in violation of the rule? Yes, but they always were. It all depends on how that city is operated though.

DeletedUser653

You missed my point
This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow......
This we knew about but the next few words are a massive catch all

or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account

So my world in EN10, it gets played once in a while it grows slowly but its only purpose is to diamond collect especially during special events. Does this mean i am now banned after doing this for nearly 3 years?

DeletedUser16026

Benefiting from your own cities is not a violation of the rule. This is about additional game accounts whose purpose is helping a different account instead of playing the game. If another "user" seems to not be playing or progressing but is providing you resources in huge amounts, then you should check that with game support.

DeletedUser653

OK so you are confirming that citys in one world which are used to farm for Diamonds which are used in another world are allowed? If yes then i have no concerns and its a great update, good job. :)

DeletedUser16026

Yes, that is fine by itself. :) You're technically still playing the game, doing quests and whatnot. So as long as you're not doing pushing for another player with that same account it's fine.

DeletedUser653

Sounds good to me.
I always log in for the next event as they are great places to earn diamonds and yes I might log in on a quiet week/month and see if there is anything which has not been plundered over the previous few weeks (some players plunder my city every day till they take everything!)

Many thanks for clarification and sorry to push the point so hard.
:)

DeletedUser96901

log in, collect wishing wells with the goal to get diamonds, log out (when there is no event)
not spending FP. because spending into GB of other players would be pushing

we can do that :o

DeletedUser107724

and will you be able to track this activity properly with the relevant Logs that would support it ?

Do you really think it's hard or even tricky to track something in different worlds when there is something called master account and most probably activity log that tracks interactions between players in admin panel? In theory it should be pretty simple account management system. Here is one of the simplest examples:

Player A admin panel perspective:
[timestamp] Player A spent "X FP" to Player B's "Y GB" in "world: Z"
[timestamp] Player B accepted Player A's "trade" in "world: N"

Player B admin perspective:
Analogous of player A's

Now include a simple script that searches for thresholds(to prevent the ridiculous and redundant manual search) and alerts when they are reached and voila.

BTW an anti-cheat system will usually keep track of 50 to 700(rough estimate) parameters depending on the service. So a punishment received is a punishment well deserved... in 99% of the cases.

Last edited by a moderator: