• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Questions and non feedback comments about the Halloween Event 2021

suethegreat

Captain
I'm not rushing, and the speed of my progress is irrelevant to my question - I have EMA production buildings and trying to amass a EMA army.
I'm asking that isn't give away 12000 supplies a bit steep for players in early eras? Especially so early in the event.
In IE it would be even harder.
You should have many millions of coins and supplies by the time you reach EMA so 12k isnt a lot. You get supplies from recurring quests too so make sure all your collections are linked to recurrings. Have the Lighthouse GB to increase rewards. Also supplies and units are rewards when doing GE (and cultural settlements supplies) so if you do at least up to GE3 you win supplies. My 2 EMA's are 39/34 million after a year i have no barracks and more units than i possibly need but everyone's game is different. Events are strategy and the more you do the more you understand the quirks (as a newbie doing identical side quest that involved buying fps several times for no proper reward)

Not sure why some posts stating 'feedback' in the text have been removed from the feedback thread.

But more feedback.....the calendar sticker daily quests kick in after the event starts at 9.30 am GMT therefore players should always set their dailies for 10 am at least. My 9 am daily did not benefit from a joker whilst my friends 11 am did. I wont benefit at the end of event as even if a joker appears at 9 am there is only half an hour to achieve it should it be needed. So just saying....Dailies in the past were not used for event rewards but now they are so a change in game play required.

More feedback....adding the calendar feature this year (wasn't there last) also changes the 'dig' as you do not benefit by getting more than one sticker a day so you cant rush through. This however impacts on collecting toys. However you can just use diamonds to complete the calendar :)

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I'm not rushing, and the speed of my progress is irrelevant to my question - I have EMA production buildings and trying to amass a EMA army.
I'm asking that isn't give away 12000 supplies a bit steep for players in early eras? Especially so early in the event.

actually it is extremely relevant, the more time you spend in each age the easier the next age is, as you have had time to amass millions of coins, supplies bonuses etc

-Jovian-

Private
I was amused by the suggestion that I should have millions of supplies by the time I reach EMA.
Assuming 6 Goat Farms doing 2 x 4hr and 1 x 8hr production runs each day and lets say 1 million supplies would require being in Iron Age for 4 and a half months, doing nothing other than logging in 3 times a day, exactly on time and collecting supplies - no other building, no fighting, no Great Buildings - just click on supplies to pick up 3 times a day for 4 and a half months.
Is this how the game was intended to be played?
So my feedback stands - to have 'pay 12,000 supplies' on the 2nd event quest is unreasonable to lower level players.

I was amused by the suggestion that I should have millions of supplies by the time I reach EMA.
Assuming 6 Goat Farms doing 2 x 4hr and 1 x 8hr production runs each day and lets say 1 million supplies would require being in Iron Age for 4 and a half months, doing nothing other than logging in 3 times a day, exactly on time and collecting supplies - no other building, no fighting, no Great Buildings - just click on supplies to pick up 3 times a day for 4 and a half months.
Is this how the game was intended to be played?
So my feedback stands - to have 'pay 12,000 supplies' on the 2nd event quest is unreasonable to lower level players.
Production buildings are not the only way to get supplies. You can also get supplies (or supply boosts) from Great Buildings, Guild Expedition, Campaign Map, Special buildings, quests, incidents, plundering, selling buildings - and more.
Supplies are needed for research, buildings, goods production, training troops, negotiations, quests and more.
How you spend the supplies is a strategic choice. You can't get everything you want. If you need supplies for a quest, you may have to cut down on something else that requires supplies - or find ways to get more supplies.
The limitations in supplies, coins, forge points, goods, diamonds, troops, city space etc are some of the challenges of the game. It's a strategy game. The way you choose to spend your resources determines how easy or hard the game is and what you can do in the game.
It's not impossible for a new player to get 12,000 supplies for an event quest. You just have to prioritize differently how you spend your supplies.

Last edited:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I have just started the game and am in Early Middle Ages
In my humble opinion, if you've just started the game, your resources are as you say and you're in EMA then you have been rushing.
The early eras (BA, IA) are where you learn the strategy of the game, build up resources and overall strengthen your city as best you can, then you move on.

It isn't uncommon to find yourself struggling in an event in the position you are in, don't expect to get far in (never mind complete) an Event in your early days.
I joined Forge right before a Spring Event. No chance of progressing very far (and I didn't expect to) but the few bits I did get from that Event helped in some small way. I also followed advice from veterans to take it steady.
Don't fret over this Event. It'll come back next year and there are several more before then that you can take part in.
My advice would be to stay where you are for some time, it doesn't have to be a boring, repetitive clickfest, build up your GB's and other useful (to you) buildings, Do the things that interest you (GE, GBG, Settlements etc) and build up your city's resources.
You'll soon find that you are progressing further and further into each Event, and eventually completing them.

Behelit

Private
If you start the event from day 1, no matter how unprepared you are - if you don't finish all the quests, it's just because you decided not to. Having 20+ days is enough to develop some missing branches in research tree and gather some supplies, come on.. I entered EMA on a new world an hour before the event kicked in and the idea that I will not finish it is very far from the reality. I might be a bit slower, because of supplies shortage for example, but not to the point of coming short.

I have put this here as well, as it will probably get deleted from the feedback section.
Getting enough supplies is easy.
Not only through supply buildings ( which you can motivate and boost ) but you can gather supplies via GE as well as the continent map, also if you have an LOA it helps, as well as other buildings which boost supply collection.
Wait till you get to higher ages and have to give over a million supplies.
I would advise getting your supply production well planned NOW. In higher ages like Virtual future and Mars and above, you need millions and millions just to do a single research let alone the quests.
Coins are easy to come by, later on supplies can be a real issue.
If you don't have any Gb's, don't do Ge or the map, don't have any boost buildings you might have a struggle.
Check which other supply producing buildings you have, sometimes it is better to have more smaller building which together give more supplies than a few large buildings Your goat farms are huge and take a lot of space.
It's all about planning ahead as well as strategic use and placement of buildings.

-Jovian-

Private
Thanks for your replies, it's all good advice for new players - perhaps this chunk of topic can be moved to a help & advice section rather than just be deleted for off-topic?

Knight of ICE

Thanks for your replies, it's all good advice for new players - perhaps this chunk of topic can be moved to a help & advice section rather than just be deleted for off-topic?

What do you think this section is?

dimondus

Captain
If I may add: I started playing on S-world last summer and was only able to complete this summer and fall events without an effort. Summer event in CA, Fall in IndA.

TorchwoodBob

Private
I popped about 20 pumpkins this morning, and not a single daily special (Gateway). Others in my guild reported similar. Just unlucky, or have others seen same?

suethegreat

Captain
lol would be simpler to have one comment , feedback, and question thread hey ho. I am putting this here but it might get moved to feedback lol. I am close to using all my rush tool kits over 3 cities and despite much digging am finding the daily sticker hard to reach. Over 3 cities only 1 av so far not that i need it but other players might plus toys as usual are random. Newer players may not achieve a full toy set especially as some of the toy coin and supply requirements are huge and mindful of players supplies of this stuff. Also these quests are just part of a batch to finally complete a single toy. Also add the daily quest for jokers where you need 5 for a sticker. These quests also can require coin and supplies.
Overall events are great for newer players that can really benefit from the special buildings but achieving these are brutal in terms of resources and later in the event with one quest a day you probably will find a diamond spend is required. As last year you may find 1 toy is so far down the 'dig' that it is only obtained with diamonds.
Many players 'camp' in Iron Age to build up their stash before heading for EMA.
Also this event is the first where a frequent requirement for 24 hour productions is required especially for newer players without 5 AD slots (even after 1 1/2 years i haven't that) or insistence on progressing on nav continent map where some players will lose recurring quests for a while if doing so. Yes it can be done but also ties up production buildings for a whole day. Experienced players may decide an event is like parsley and optional whereas newer players may really want to succeed and such quests are a real disincentive. In the long run keeping players keen may increase diamond spend in the game in the long term rather than punishing quests and having them leave.
You can slog on to try and win a daily special but where daily stickers are involved if that final reward is of interest you may have to stop at a sticker and give up chasing a certain reward.

TorchwoodBob

Private
Same here, I haven't won single daily and I'm on 32nd quest
Another couple of days, and another stack of pumpkins, and not a single daily special won

(Apologies if it sounds like moaning ... I normally complete every event, and am used to getting daily specials at a certain rate ...this event just feels "off". Either they lowered the odds quite a lot, or there is a problem, or I'm just being unlucky!)

Forwandert

Major-General
Another couple of days, and another stack of pumpkins, and not a single daily special won

(Apologies if it sounds like moaning ... I normally complete every event, and am used to getting daily specials at a certain rate ...this event just feels "off". Either they lowered the odds quite a lot, or there is a problem, or I'm just being unlucky!)

It was same last year for this event, I don't think you're really unlucky just the event is slightly different to some. Fall is always pretty good as events go so I think the expectation after that is higher than it needs to be.

Anything extra is good but it does get to feel more of a chore when you're repeatedly seeing prizes less than expectations. I didn't expect much from this one so I'm happy with what I got, did manage to finish a second house of wolf but only needed 4 upgrades so anything after that is a complete bonus for me.

dimondus

Captain

Have you noticed pumpkin rewards are meh, like renovation kits and cemetery upgrade kits.

suethegreat

Captain
There are also toy quests that are often 2 part the second a huge supply or coin payment and 5 quests per toy therefore the structure of this event is heavy on resources. Whilst you can double up on 'gather' quests you cant on payment and i had 4 open last night 3 coin 1 supply but that is the game and a horror event. Speed of progress is relevant to your question as if you have just started a lot of players stay in Iron Age to build up a stock and smaller event resource demands.