• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Questions about the Champion

DeletedUser5180

I have some questions re the Champion. I don't think they will have been used enough for any players to answer 100% so if there are no definate answers then perhaps a senior mod could put them to the Devs for answers. I think as a new feature they (the Devs) should explain exactly how they work so here goes...........

1. Once a Champion dies where can we find how it has affected remaining troops.?

2. If you were to use 8x Champions, once one dies does the remaining 7 receive a boost.? continuing this line, if 4 were to die, would the remaining 4 have received 4x boosts (ie are the boosts stackable).?

3. Can rogues morph into a Champion.?

DeletedUser15432

1 - the information appears against the units in the battle summary
2 - even using 8 champions, you only get the single boost as stated in the information for the champion, also, the only the last champion left alive will get the chivalry boost
3 - rogues are able to become champions gave killed several rogue champions

I hope the above answers your queries

DeletedUser5180

2 - even using 8 champions, you only get the single boost as stated in the information for the champion, also, the only the last champion left alive will get the chivalry boost
3 - rogues are able to become champions gave killed several rogue champions

thanks for your answers Pzkpfwv1d.........

DeletedUser3200

I am considering building the retreat, but before I do, could you give me some more hard info regarding the effects on remaining troops please? I am tight for space and could do with the info before building. thanks...

DeletedUser15432

If the champion is the only unit with chivalry, it gets a 6 points chivalry bonus, when the champion dies, it gives all other units a 3 point defense and 3 point attack bonus, otherwise it is exactly the same statistics as a fast unit from whichever era you are in

DeletedUser100488

Now thats a lousy def setup.

A champ has different stats for each age,and you can find most of them on wiki.

DeletedUser1081

Okay so if a defense lineup includes a champion and a couple of rogues, the solo champion has the "chivalry" bonus. if I hit a rogue and it changes into a champion, my understanding is that neither of those champions has the "chivalry" bonus, as long as there are two of them - is that correct?

And then when one of the champions dies, the other one gets the "call of doody" boost along with all the other units, yes? And on top of that it also gets the "chivalry" boost back, because it's now solo?

DeletedUser7719

Okay so if a defense lineup includes a champion and a couple of rogues, the solo champion has the "chivalry" bonus. if I hit a rogue and it changes into a champion, my understanding is that neither of those champions has the "chivalry" bonus, as long as there are two of them - is that correct?

And then when one of the champions dies, the other one gets the "call of doody" boost along with all the other units, yes? And on top of that it also gets the "chivalry" boost back, because it's now solo?
Yes to all questions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew420

Major
Will the chumps ever be useful ?
I have had my chump retreat now for about 3 months
There doesn't seem to be any value to this unit
Other than being able to upgrade it with reno kit at start of the contemporary age to get jump on GVG (doesn't apply to me)
Or the big points you get defeating them
So I am deleting mine today

Last edited:

DeletedUser7719

So far, they are the most useful in the PME (though still not as good as a rogue hideout) since it is counted as a heavy unit, and has a bonus against the PME units that are suppose to have an advantage against heavy units (light and artillery).

DeletedUser99170

Most players winning or buying a champions retreat will need lots of upgrade kits to reach the PME level of the hero and they are not easy to get. The unit and the building are a waste of time and only attrack attackers. Plain champ defences present us meaningless champion of x-world reports on all age levels including battling 8 PME champions, only good for all time high score records.