• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Question regarding new goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am a HMA player.

After the update there are 3 new goods and 50 Dried Herbs in my goods list - so far, so good.

But i still don't get, how the "update" or "exchange" of old goods work.

Quote from update message: "If a player has a high middle age/late middle age good deposit of either stone, limestone or gold it will be replaced with the new good."

I am HMA and have 90 stone (i already produced them in storage upfront for later LMA), but those have not been exchanged (?).

Also other exchanges: Limestone is still a required good for LMA-research, so when a player has limestone in storage, how does the program know,
how many of it should be replaced with the new good? Does it distinguish between limestone produced pre-HMA and post-HMA?

(not posting this in bug forum, not sure if it's a bug at all or my misunderstanding)

Can someone try to clarify the consequences of that goods update a bit more?

DeletedUser

"Good deposits" are the things you find on the campaign map that help you to produce goods. Your actual stores of produced goods are not affected by this exchange (save by getting a slight boost in the form of 50 of the new goods if you are in the requisite age; 50 herbs in your case).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Then i mixed up "stored goods" with "good deposits" - thank you for clarifying.

I guess, goods like stone are useless then, if i already produced them for LMA in advance - unless i find some new player for trading :).

They weren't that expensive anyway, so no biggie.

DeletedUser1081

Heroon, everyone still needs stone up through the HMA, and who knows what we'll need in the Colonial Age.

DeletedUser

Yes, I think I removed all stones from the tech tree and province negotiation costs for the LMA (depending where you are in HMA there still might be stones for you to pay). But 50 herbs should be worth more than the production you lost in stones (plus you can still trade them, possibly, as you said).

Have fun with the game,

Anwar

DeletedUser1081

thanks Anwar - y'all still need to change the final LMA research area from Gunpowder to Spontaneous Combustion or Inquisitions or something :cool:

DeletedUser

Suddenly, I need dried herbs to negotiate but nobody has them to trade or can produce them. Prior to the update, I was stocking up the necessary goods to negotiate through sectors. I did not need dried herbs just hours earlier. This is leaving me stuck in the game right now because, no other players have this resource and it could be days or weeks before the resource is discovered, produced and openly traded. Where's the free 50 dried herbs for everyone else? I don't want some of my goods converted - I worked hard for that and I have a certain trading routine and player to player alliances for goods.

Are players now supposed to wait it out until the game randomly awards resources to other players?

How are we supposed to trade these new goods in existing neighborhoods where nobody has the resource?

DeletedUser1081

Critter, sorry you're having this problem. what age are you in currently in?

if you're in the HMA or LMA you should've received 50 herbs (LMA players should've received some talc and gunpowder as well) to tide us over. you can find these "rations" in your Town Hall and/or the "create offer" tab of your "trade" menu (they're near the bottom of the list, so you may have to scroll down to find them).

if you've checked and haven't received them, even though you're in the HMA or LMA, it sounds like something the in-game support people need to look into. please submit a support request by right-clicking anywhere on your main village screen, then choosing "support" from the white pop-up menu and following the instructions from there.

DeletedUser

Hi Mink, I'm Early Middle Age but only 2 researches away from crossing over to HMA. I'm fairly certain it's not a matter of not understanding where to look for goods or how to trade them. I've done well managing my production levels and trading to fill my stores for rounds of negotiating through territories - all the way across most of the continent, up to where the mountain range opens at Cragshire - and there, I sit; no dried herbs to negotiate the provinces that now require the herbs which I have no known way to trade for, as nobody in my neighborhood or guild can produce the good or even has access to the resource - that I know of.

I suppose I will give a shout at Support.

Thanks, Mink

DeletedUser1081

well actually, Critter ... i don't think in-game support will be able to help you very much. if you're in the EMA you weren't supposed to get the "rations" of the new goods, which are associated with the HMA and the LMA.

what you're describing is that you've gotten ahead of the game (literally!) in your explorations of the continent, and the regions you're now in are associated with later eras than you're now at. i did that too, and sometimes it means you have little choice but to wait for your technological advances to catch up with your military exploits.

DeletedUser

Yes, Mink, I suspected that I'd gotten ahead. I see Dried Herbs tech a few more brackets over in the next Age. My concern is, the time it will take for enough players to discover the new resource AND also open up the tech AND also produce enough to be able to trade. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with provinces I can't open through negotiation which I was about to negotiate with the goods I had surplussed for days. I'm sure there must be other players stuck as well and I don't feel this is a fair situation for the game to suddenly switch the goods in this way. Afterall, strategy in smart trading should pay off and this sudden change seems more like a cheat we had no way of calculating a defense for. It's just aggravating. I'm just a couple of brackets away from entering the next Age, though. so, perhaps, I'll get the 50 herbs when I cross over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4132

Critter, sorry you're having this problem. what age are you in currently in?

if you're in the HMA or LMA you should've received 50 herbs (LMA players should've received some talc and gunpowder as well) to tide us over. you can find these "rations" in your Town Hall and/or the "create offer" tab of your "trade" menu (they're near the bottom of the list, so you may have to scroll down to find them).

if you've checked and haven't received them, even though you're in the HMA or LMA, it sounds like something the in-game support people need to look into. please submit a support request by right-clicking anywhere on your main village screen, then choosing "support" from the white pop-up menu and following the instructions from there.

This was the Biggest problem I had, I was actually in the middle of researching my first item in LMA, however didnt receive the talc and gunpowder bonus. Would this be fixable or do you think that since i hadnt finished researching the first (thus still in the HMA) I'm just out of luck on the Talc and Gunpowder? :)

DeletedUser

well actually, Critter ... i don't think in-game support will be able to help you very much. if you're in the EMA you weren't supposed to get the "rations" of the new goods, which are associated with the HMA and the LMA.

what you're describing is that you've gotten ahead of the game (literally!) in your explorations of the continent, and the regions you're now in are associated with later eras than you're now at. i did that too, and sometimes it means you have little choice but to wait for your technological advances to catch up with your military exploits.

I think i got ahead of the game too, im towards the end of the EMA, i have discovered Cragshire and Moravaria. I stocked up on stone so i could buy salt, glass, rope and brick but now im stuck because stone has lost its worth. No one has discovered dried herbs and when they do, I'll have nothing advanced enough to trade with, any chance of my stone being converted into dried herbs?

P.S. When i try to go onto the FoE Support, i type in my username and password but it insists my password is wrong even though i ensured it wasnt.

DeletedUser1081

P.S. When i try to go onto the FoE Support, i type in my username and password but it insists my password is wrong even though i ensured it wasnt.

i had that same problem with the external support link, and i've reported it as a bug - maybe you want to join me.
meanwhile you can also try the in-game method: right-click anywhere on your village screen, then choose "support" from the white pop-up menu and proceed from there.

DeletedUser

i had that same problem with the external support link, and i've reported it as a bug - maybe you want to join me.
meanwhile you can also try the in-game method: right-click anywhere on your village screen, then choose "support" from the white pop-up menu and proceed from there.

Thanks that worked

So what about the stone and herbs issue?

DeletedUser1081

Thanks that worked
So what about the stone and herbs issue?

it's not for me to decide, but i'd be surprised if they'd change your stone to herbs. everybody who stocked up on stone and limestone is in a similar situation. they can't possibly make a blanket stone-into-herbs change, since stone is still needed for various things, and they can't change everybody's stocks on an individual basis - it would take way longer than it's worth.

it's annoying, but it's just a temporary setback, right? you'll still find players who need stone, and if you just wait a little someone in your guild and/or neighbourhood will start producing herbs.

DeletedUser1032

I'd keep the stone - or any other surplus goods. I find them very useful in trading for other goods from higher levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.