• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Quest lingo / triggers

• Thread starter DeletedUser111532
  • Start date

DeletedUser111532

Hello,
I just need some tips from older players since I always wonder (but forget to notice) the details for quest lingo:

So, when a quests says...
  • "build XX", does it register when I pay for the construction, or when it is completed?
  • "recruit XX units", does it register when I pay or when I click the completed production to receive the unit?
  • "scout a sector", does it register when I pay to start going (several hours) or when the scouting party arrives?
  • "research a technology", when I put in the final point, or pay to unlock it?
I honestly could not find any FAQ for this, and each time I rush through it and realize I (once more) did not check.

LadyHecate

Major-General
  • "build XX", does it register when I pay for the construction, or when it is completed?
  • "recruit XX units", does it register when I pay or when I click the completed production to receive the unit?
  • "scout a sector", does it register when I pay to start going (several hours) or when the scouting party arrives?
  • "research a technology", when I put in the final point, or pay to unlock it?
1. When you place the new "build"; you don't need to wait until completion.
2. When you click to collect the new unit.
3. When the scout arrives at the new Province.
4. After paying to unlock the new Tech.

DeletedUser111532

1. When you place the new "build"; you don't need to wait until completion.
2. When you click to collect the new unit.
4. After paying to unlock the new Tech.

Thanks a ton!

DeletedUser96901

that is not accurate

it counts when you open the world map and see that the scout arrived

so if I send a scout today with one day travel time
I don't open the map for one week
and then I get a scout province I can open the map and then it counts

LadyHecate

Major-General
that is not accurate

This is true! Although I believe hexblot was trying to confirm that it didn't count when you first sent the scout out, which we agree is not the case.

DeletedUser111532

that is not accurate

Thank you for the clarification!

This is true! Although I believe hexblot was trying to confirm that it didn't count when you first sent the scout out, which we agree is not the case.

...and yes, was wondering if it counts the moment I pay for it or not, to plan ahead for that pesky Fall quest :)