• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Wave Battles

Galladhorn

Monarch
Was just pondering if it would make any sense to make PvP 2 Wave battles.
– It would maybe be more interesting setting up a good double defence and at the same time perhaps gain more win points for the attacker taking 2 Wave City defences.
And double battles are already part of GE, GbG, Dayli Quests and the Continent Map. (I have not played GvG for so long that I have forgotten it).

A) Era Dependant Perhaps something along 1 Wave battles til Post Modern Era, then 2 Wave battles from there.
B) Earned Something that is earned in some way. Stats actions etc
C) Extra Costs Something that cost extra like, Goods, Supplies, medals etc
D) Cost Silver in Tavern (less than city walls).

whatever, maybe it sucks, maybe it could work, or maybe it does not make any real difference idk?

And yes I tried to find similar, but I could not – it is very likely suggested at some point in time

It would certainly make it a bit more interesting for the middle ranking players making it a little harder to plunder and giving the defender a glimmer of hope but for the big players they probably wouldn't even notice except for the double tap of autobattle

Galladhorn

Monarch
If by pvp you mean plundering. I would love it if defence had that option.

I do mean "Player vs Player" though I agree the title is a bit missleading, since it is more like Player vs Fixed City defence.

And yes along this is naturally Plundering as an evergreen subject of this part of the game. I do not plunder my self or it is very rare, but I do not get annoyed by being plundred, since those that plunder me are usually in the server top rankings, and there nothing to be done about it – other than City Shield, Collect on time etc. It is part of the game and should/will not be changed. But I find the play in it self a rather boring part and I do think that perhaps 2W Battles could make the whole PvP a bit more interesting and remove the "Auto Attack" for the largest part of players that are not in the top rankings. Some stats along with a the 2W PvP would be needed to adjust the perhaps less wins for the attacker and more successful defences for the City Defender. What these adjustments should be is to early to say before having nailed down the change in mechanics...

– In any case if I am to set this up as an idea, I would need some suggestions to how it should be implemented, something along the A,B,C,D choises or others solution, combinations. What would make sense ?
please share your ideas, thoughts on this,
– Also for anybody thinking that would be a bad idea, please do share why – often the key to solutions can be found in clever critique.

TY :hide:

I have a guy in my hood with 1900%+ attack boost.. I could put 4 waves in my defence and it still wouldn’t stop him all it would do is yield him more points attacking me so the only way to counter his attacks is to collect on time and attack back plundering him before he can plunder me ;)

Galladhorn

Monarch
I did not mean litereally to remove the Auto Attack - I should have stated rather reducing the use of the Auto Attack, e.g if an attacker attacks a player on about the same level and so forth, or simply becasue there would but an incremental chance of failing the auto attack because of denfense unit cobos.

Last edited: