• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Towers

DeletedUser

PvP tower battle units should be limited to the class of the tower. In bronze age, there shouldn't be any military units that are built from iron age buildings. If a player wants to participate in that tournament, their attacking units should be limited to bronze age units. It is very disheartening to show up to a battle with bronze age units only to find that your slingers are facing archers, spearmen are facing soldiers, etc.

You can solve this one of two ways. Disallow those units through a message to the player when they try to attack another player or strip those units from the attacking army. The first solution would probably be best as the second might be seen as a bug unless a notice was made that they were being stripped and allowing the option to restructure the army.

DeletedUser

If you're talking about facing higher age units in opposition, then it's not the attacking unit you'd want to change since first, it's the defending units of another person that you'll be facing, second, you only get points for the tower of the highest age units you have.

DeletedUser

I get where the op is coming from, when starting out you will fight with 8 spearmen and occasionally you will come up against a strong opposition consisting of Archers and the same Apearmen. Archers are not Bronze age troops so why should they be aloud to fight in a Bronze age PvP tower.

DeletedUser

I get where the op is coming from, when starting out you will fight with 8 spearmen and occasionally you will come up against a strong opposition consisting of Archers and the same Apearmen. Archers are not Bronze age troops so why should they be aloud to fight in a Bronze age PvP tower.

They are not fighting in the bronze age pvp tower but instead what that person is using to defend.

You can't really expect people to use units for each age tower to use as defense.

A person has only one line of defense and you don't need to use the pvp tower to attack it as you can use the toolbar on the bottom instead but what you face has no factor at any tower type.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What he probably wants to happen would be that those who put higher age units in their defending army be excluded from the list of opponents in the lower age tower... Though you can still attack them via the social bar...

DeletedUser1081

i understand and sympathize up to a point, but
a] there's a "surrender" button if you don't like the looks of the opposing units;
b] you didn't have to attack them to begin with now did you. not to mention:
c] strategy is fun! especially when it's only the dim-witted AI operating the opposing troops; and
d] war is hell.

DeletedUser

What he probably wants to happen would be that those who put higher age units in their defending army be excluded from the list of opponents in the lower age tower... Though you can still attack them via the social bar...

The thing is it's the same type of attack.

All that is different is the location you go to in order to attack the player.

If a person uses lower level troops they can build then they should be able to show the stats in that pvp tower like it is as that's really the main reason for listing the players.

I actually would prefer they remove the option to attack players from the pvp tower and just use the social bar like it is as it confuses players thinking you can only attack the people that show up in the pvp tower.

DeletedUser

The thing is it's the same type of attack.

All that is different is the location you go to in order to attack the player.

If a person uses lower level troops they can build then they should be able to show the stats in that pvp tower like it is as that's really the main reason for listing the players.

I actually would prefer they remove the option to attack players from the pvp tower and just use the social bar like it is as it confuses players thinking you can only attack the people that show up in the pvp tower.

I was talking about using the pvp tower to show if somebody has defenders for that age or on a higher age tower so as not to be warshocked :p

DeletedUser

The post above is nearly bang on, attack anyone in the bar at the bottom of the screen and face whatever they have in defence but when you enter the PvP tower and its a Bronze age One you should only expect to find bronze age troops defending. Its not because i am losing anything i am Second and Fourth in my latest PvP competitions.

DeletedUser

The PvP towers are not what you think they are. They are just showing list of people that have attacked with units of that age, no matter what they attacked. It has no link with defense.

And frankly, considering bronze and iron age units owns pretty much everything in the game, i dont think it does make a difference.