• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP tower competition doesnt end in time

DeletedUser

PVP tower competition doesnt end at designated time and all points from attacks are being added. We must visit Map in order for tournament to end.

It can easily be abused if you compete with someone and he lives in different timezone (i.e. doesnt open map).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The time on the clock is not relevant for the tournament end, as it may not be in sync with your timezone. It's the countdown timer you have to keep your eyes on. Please note that the hours and minutes only start counting down when the tower has less than 24 hours to go.

Opening the map has no influence on the duration of the tournaments.

DeletedUser

The time on the clock is not relevant for the tournament end, as it may not be in sync with your timezone. It's the countdown timer you have to keep your eyes on. Please note that the hours and minutes only start counting down when the tower has less than 24 hours to go.

Opening the map has no influence on the duration of the tournaments.
You are wrong. When countdown timer reaches 0 - tournament doesnt end, that is if you attack someone -points will be added. Tournaments only end after you visit the Map.

This bug is pretty clear for me as i'm the only one who is active in my neighborhood and can witness it every time when tournaments ends. For example at last tournaments i've still gathered points 12 hours after counter reached 0 hr as i've forgot to visit it when it ended.

DeletedUser

umm, may be a bug im not sure.. but i feel like those points u earn after the timer has reached 0 hr will just go towards the next tourney.

cause the winner would have already received his medals for the previous one

DeletedUser

Can you incluse some screen shots to show me what you mean, I have tried to replicate this, but can not...

DeletedUser

that's probably hard since they only occur every 2 weeks. I think what he's saying is that tournaments don't end until somebody visits the tower after it's supposed to have ended.

edit: now that I think about it, I'm going to confirm this as happening to me as well. I say this because I don't get medals when the tournament ends. When I click on the tower, the tournament is over. But my medals don't register until I refresh, even though the tournament had ended hours ago.

DeletedUser

hmm - but can you add points to the tournament after it has ended?

If this is true, it could be considered an exploit and might explain how i lost a tournament once actually, i went to bed 30,000 points above my nearest rival with 3 hours to go and woke up to find someone who was 35,000 behind me in 3rd place had won...

DeletedUser

Can you incluse some screen shots to show me what you mean, I have tried to replicate this, but can not...
I'll try to get screenshots in about a week. Just to be clear - i dont think that you need to visit tower itself, just to open Map.
As i dont have what to do on a map and attack through neighborhood it occurs to me pretty often and its a bit irritating as sometime i forget visit Map and end tournament and all points from fights go to an old tournament.

DeletedUser

Just tried it myself. Tournament ended about 10 hours ago. Logged in - had 20 medals - pressed f5 nothing happened - opened map - closed it - pressed f5 - gained 10 medals for the tournament.

Don't know if this helps.

DeletedUser

Just tried it myself. Tournament ended about 10 hours ago. Logged in - had 20 medals - pressed f5 nothing happened - opened map - closed it - pressed f5 - gained 10 medals for the tournament.

Don't know if this helps.

It confirms what lokiju said, but I would imagine screenshots would be ideal.

DeletedUser

okay, the tournament just ended. Since then, I did a battle to see if points went toward this tournament or the next one.

http://prntscr.com/ae8sc

As you can see, the points went toward the tournament that ended already.

Next, I visited the world map and refreshed. My medals still did not update.

Then, finally, I clicked on the tower. It now showed the tournament as being over. I refreshed, and now had my 40 medals that I won.

DeletedUser

Huscarl - is it possible that someone else opened Map in between when tournament ended and your fight?
4 days for my next end of tournament for me.

DeletedUser

No. I am the only person who can even view the EMA tower. And the tournament didn't end until I clicked on the tower.

DeletedUser

Ok, this evening one of my tournaments will end. I'll try to reproduce the bug:

1339644640-clip-82kb.jpg

DeletedUser

Ok, here is a proof of what i was saying.
First of all wrote a letter - so we all can see that time is already finished for tournament:
1339699418-clip-44kb.jpg

Now i fought a fight and as you can see points are added to my old tournaments that should have ended:
1339699730-clip-70kb.jpg

Another interesting thing is that after the fight in tower i do not have any points in new tournament but new tournament has already started:
http://clip2net.com/clip/m0/1339699860-clip-85kb.jpg

DeletedUser

Definitely a bug - thankyou for your efforts guys in confirming this, I will pass this on to developers straight away, as this is both a bug and a potential exploit...

DeletedUser

It might be connected with another bug (at least yesterday i seem to find it) - I was in PVP tower when tournament has ended constantly refreshing (entering and leaving) and new tournament has started right away after old ended without me or anyone else fighting.