• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (New Game Feature) PvP neighbourhood map

Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser96901

No player is able to dominate the entire map. A group of players is and as usual they make arrangements on this amongst eachother and keep others out. Resetting it does not matter. It will be still the same players all the time.
I get new neighbors every 2 week

Agent327

Overlord
I get new neighbors every 2 week

Looking forward to that? Is it a big thrill to you? To me it doesn't do much. Most active players make deals and pick them up again once they are in the same neighbourhood. Maybe you should try to interact more.

Agent327

Overlord
more than attack and plunder ?

actually it doesn't matter

8 eels. auto battle: won. look what can be plundered
doesn't really matter who the neighbor is

I have my team with 190% deals
I don't neighbors for that

You don't neighbours what?

If all you do is attack and plunder your neighbours why do you respond to me? What makes you think you have a clue what I am talking about?

DeletedUser105078

Have you never seen neighbours making a deal? :o:o:o
Can you explain exactly how such a deal would work in a PvP neighbourhood map (as described at the start of this thread)? I can't picture what you mean. Even if a few neighbours ganged up together, how would they be able to exclude any other player from the map? Maybe a concrete example would help.

Agent327

Overlord
The top players in the neighbourhood gang up together, make a deal not to attack eachother and divide the houses equally. Do you think other players still have a chance?

DeletedUser105078

Firstly, if it happened, it would be rare, because most players are not the ganging-up types, imho (I still have a shred of optimisms). Secondly, even if they did gang up, they would only be able to do so for 2 weeks until the neighbourhood reshuffle. Thirdly, the more houses they conquered, the lower their defence and attack bonuses would be, allowing others a chance. Fourthly, they might be more interested in competing for houses than in ganging up!

Actually, the only reason I would ever gang up with others would be to support other "underdog" players against a "uber-dog" player. I think many players would feel the same. Look at movies: who are the heroes? Who do most of us want to to be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Firstly, if it happened, it would be rare, because most players are not the ganging-up types, imho (I still have a shred of optimisms).

There you are mistaken. It is not rare at all. The players that are in this game to excel are the ganging-up types. Players start groups to donate 1,9 in eachothers GB's to boost them in record time and those groups are not just inside the Guild, or Friendsgroup.

Secondly, even if they did gang up, they would only be able to do so for 2 weeks until the neighbourhood reshuffle.

After which they simply start a new group. Most players know eachother. They talk to eachother on the chat. They will have it organised in no time.

Thirdly, the more houses they conquered, the lower their defence and attack bonuses would be, allowing others a chance.

That's why they divide and conquer.

Fourthly, they might be more interested in competing for houses than in ganging up!

Yeah, right. They are more interested in a fair game thhan teir own position at the op.

Actually, the only reason I would ever gang up with others would be to support other "underdog" players against a "uber-dog" player. I think many players would feel the same. Look at movies: who are the heroes? Who do most of us want to to be?

That makes you rather naive. Do you really think Russian athletes lost a minute of sleep after winning when using doping? They were on top of the mountain. What did they care how they got there.

Players use every exploit they can find in the game to get to the top. Have a look at the top and you will find they use push-accounts, crossdeals and all other means to get to and stay at the top. In GvG they give up sectors and conquer them again and again, all for the points. What on earth makes you think they will not exploit this if they have a chance?

DeletedUser105078

I think you're a bit pessimistic about people. Most of the players I've talked to would do none of the things you've listed. I'm not saying that a few wouldn't - not only Russia, but every country has its crooks - but thankfully they aren't the majority.

If we had a PvP neighbourhood map, doubtless a few players would do their best to exploit it, like they exploit everything else. But if you want to prevent exploitation, you might have to remove every feature of the game. For example, even though some guilds exploit GvG, it's still fun to play, and the exploits have been reduced over the years. Sometimes you have to start something to see how people will exploit it, and then find how to adjust it to avoid the exploits.

I still think a PvP neighbourhood map would be more fun than the current PvP system. The way PvP is now, it might be fun for approximately 2% of players, but it's no fun for the vast majority.

Agent327

Overlord
I think you're a bit pessimistic about people. Most of the players I've talked to would do none of the things you've listed. I'm not saying that a few wouldn't - not only Russia, but every country has its crooks - but thankfully they aren't the majority.

I am realistic. A lot of players I know do these sort of things. How else do you think I know about them? That players you talk to would not do these things only means you are talking to the wrong players.

If we had a PvP neighbourhood map, doubtless a few players would do their best to exploit it, like they exploit everything else. But if you want to prevent exploitation, you might have to remove every feature of the game.

Not really. All you need to do is make exploiting not worth their while.

For example, even though some guilds exploit GvG, it's still fun to play

Is it? I seriously doubt a Guild that has invested a lot of goods to conquer a nice number of sectors finds it fun when a two man gang rampages through thheir territory just for the fun of it and to score some points.

and the exploits have been reduced over the years.

Reduced is a big word. There are still more left than there have been fixed.

Sometimes you have to start something to see how people will exploit it, and then find how to adjust it to avoid the exploits.

Which ofcourse will lead to a lot of angry players complaining. May I remind you of the Oracle. Even players that had no part of the exploit lost a lot of fp's.

I still think a PvP neighbourhood map would be more fun than the current PvP system. The way PvP is now, it might be fun for approximately 2% of players, but it's no fun for the vast majority.

Not all has to be fun. It's all about making choices.

DeletedUser105078

you are talking to the wrong players.

How do you define right and wrong players?

Though, come to think of it, even if a few players in the neighbourhood came to an "agreement", I don't see that it would necessarily be an exploit. I'd be interesting to see how they negotiated such an agreement. Like, number one player might say, I want 60% of the map and the next 2 from the top can split the remaining 40%? Except that with 60% of the map, his defence would be so low even the bottom player in the neighbourhood could win a few houses off him. Or maybe the "clique" would need to be a lot bigger, including 10 or more players... and how would they negotiate who gets what? Specially as some houses produce more than others. LOL... it could lead to some very complicated wheeling and dealing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
How do you define right and wrong players?

In this case I would say by the knowledge you get from them. It looks to me like I am telling you things you have never heard of.

Why would one play for the sake of "making choices"?

You don't have to play for it, but making choices is part of the game, no matter how you play it.

But although I don't take the game so seriously, I feel "violated" when some stranger comes along and plunders my city. Every time it's happened, I've been tempted to give up the game altogether, and would do so if it wasn't for friends talking me into staying.

Why? It is part of the game. You have the chance to make sure you are not plundered, so take that chance if it is such a big problem for you.

This PvP neighbourhood map would mean no more intrusions into my private space. If I feel like playing PvP, it will be optional and it will be for fun, in an outside "arena".

That is a strange thought. Even with this implemented I would still have the possibility to attack my neighbours and plunder them. What makes you think that will stop?

DeletedUser105078

In this case I would say by the knowledge you get from them. It looks to me like I am telling you things you have never heard of.

After playing for 3 years, founding several guilds, and having cities in 11 worlds, I don't really think you are telling me things I don't know. I think you may have a somewhat biased understanding of the game, and have only interacted with a small number of players.

Even with this implemented I would still have the possibility to attack my neighbours and plunder them. What makes you think that will stop?

It seems you have not read my proposal very thoroughly - if indeed you've read it at all!

Agent327

Overlord
After playing for 3 years, founding several guilds, and having cities in 11 worlds, I don't really think you are telling me things I don't know. I think you may have a somewhat biased understanding of the game, and have only interacted with a small number of players.

If all this is known to you why didn't you address it in "Abuse prevention" as you are supposed to?

It seems you have not read my proposal very thoroughly - if indeed you've read it at all!

I wonder if you have. I read it several times, but nowhere I see stated that I can no longer attack and plunder my neighbours. Can you show me?

DeletedUser105078

If all this is known to you why didn't you address it in "Abuse prevention" as you are supposed to?

Because it is irrelevant (see my previous post dated Tuesday).

I wonder if you have. I read it several times, but nowhere I see stated that I can no longer attack and plunder my neighbours. Can you show me?

Copy/pasted sentences from the proposal:

"It would solve the plunder controversy, as there would be no longer any need to plunder other players. "

"To participate in the PvP neighbourhood map, players will need to boost their defence armies with St Basil, Deal, and all the many buildings that boost defence. Non PvP players will not need to do this, therefore the rewards from the PvP chests should take this into account and be appropriately rewarding. "

"Players who have gone to the trouble of building a plunder GB would not have wasted their efforts, because the GBs would be used to increase the rewards from PvP houses. "

So, if you had bothered to read the proposal before criticising it, you would have understood that the PvP neighbourhood map is intended to replace the current PvP system. Instead of attacking cities, you would be attacking houses belonging to other players, and instead of plunder, you would receive the chest of goodies produced by the house you occupy.

Agent327

Overlord
Because it is irrelevant (see my previous post dated Tuesday).

It is the required format for the proposal of an idea and I don't think it is up to you to decide it is relevant or not.

Copy/pasted sentences from the proposal:

Where nothing states I can no longer attack my neighbours

"It would solve the plunder controversy, as there would be no longer any need to plunder other players. "

There is no need to plunder other players now. It is an option. Nothing there states I can no longer attack and plunder my neighbours when this idea gets implemented.

"To participate in the PvP neighbourhood map, players will need to boost their defence armies with St Basil, Deal, and all the many buildings that boost defence. Non PvP players will not need to do this, therefore the rewards from the PvP chests should take this into account and be appropriately rewarding. "

To me that reads that if I do not have any defence I am not even allowed to participate. Nothing there states I can no longer attack and plunder my neighbours when this idea gets implemented.

"Players who have gone to the trouble of building a plunder GB would not have wasted their efforts, because the GBs would be used to increase the rewards from PvP houses. "

So my plunder GB will work both against my neighbours and on PvP houses.
Nothing there states I can no longer attack and plunder my neighbours when this idea gets implemented.

So, if you had bothered to read the proposal before criticising it, you would have understood that the PvP neighbourhood map is intended to replace the current PvP system. Instead of attacking cities, you would be attacking houses belonging to other players, and instead of plunder, you would receive the chest of goodies produced by the house you occupy.

Looks to me like I read it and you don't even have a clue what you proposed. Nothing there says anything about replacing the current PvP system. Replacing the current PvP system with it would have a way to big impact, cause you can also score points in GvG and on the Continent Map for instance. I am sure you are aware of that with your 3 year experience, so that are a lot of parts you did not address.

DeletedUser105078

It is the required format for the proposal of an idea and I don't think it is up to you to decide it is relevant or not.

I followed the instructions in https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-the-ideas-section.32401/

Copy/pasted from that thread:

In the body of the thread, please try to answer as many of these as possible to give the community, moderators, and the development team the best understanding of your idea.

[Proposal]: Explain the concept of the idea.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
You can search for similar ideas using the options listed above.

[Reason]:
Explain why this idea should be implemented.

[Details]:
Clarify your idea by explaining the specifics.

[Balance]:
What impact, if any, will your idea have on other game features.

[Visual Aids]:
If you are able to create a visual aid for your idea to give the community a clearer understanding of your idea, post it here.
Code:
Proposal:

Have you checked for similar ideas?:

Reason:

Details:

Balance:

Visual Aids:
^ Please copy and paste the code above into your idea thread.

Where nothing states I can no longer attack my neighbours

Thank you for your feedback, I shall clarify the point so as to make sure everybody can understand it.

you can also score points in GvG and on the Continent Map for instance.

As I am sure you must be aware, you score points in the weekly tournament with any type of fighting, be it GE, GvG, PvP, or Continent Map. Ergo, if you attacked a house in the PvP neighbourhood map, you would score points in exactly the same way as people currently score points by attacking a neighbour's city.

Status
Not open for further replies.