• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: PvP Live Battle Arena

Do you support this idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5180

Proposal
Hi folks and welcome to the FoE player v player live battle arena.

when you log on you will go to the settings menu and toggle the option to take part in live battles. the system will enter your player name and you will now be included in this feature (if you click on the gvg map icon you will be temporarily disabled from this until you exit the map and return to your city).

the system will work as follows.... it randomly searches through the players who have opted in and matches two players from the same age / era (you can only take part in your current age / era)

a pop-up appears inviting you to take part, until you get to the battle screen you do not know who your opponent will be.

you only have a certain amount of time to accept, if you decline or are away from the pc etc then you will not be invited again for a pre-determined amount of time, if you do accept then you move to the battle field and you are assigned your troops... these will be 1 of each of the 5 types of unit, 1 champion and 2 rogues (all from your current age / era). you will have no attack or defense boosts and can only manually battle, the player with the best tactics and use of the terrain will enevitably come out victorious.

points won will be the same format as in pvp but will not be added to a players pvp score... but will instead be added to a new 'battle arena' ranking table and one fight added to their won battles total. if the player loses then one fight added to their lost battles total. there would be 4 columns in this ranking table... battle arena points won, battles won, battles lost & % of battles won.

this would give all players an equal chance to prove their fighting skills with no boosts and identical troops in every single battle.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea: Yes, and this exact format has not been proposed
posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? : not that i can find
Visual Aids : hopefully i can add these later if enough interest is shown

Abuse Prevention: as taking part does not affect players ranking or rewards the player then there is none that i can think of but perhaps a limit of 5 or 10 battles in a 24 hr period could be used to

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

+1
But would add a prize system in. Make it worthwhile for players to take part.

DeletedUser16126

+1 good idea, but why only battling in your own age?
Why not selecting the troops first and then you get into a battle with players selecting troops of that age.

I would add 1 extra rule: you can only fight against the same player once per week.
This avoids abuse. Pairing will be done by the players signed in. I don't expect many players to be signed in at the same time, so it will be easy to make agreements with players not care of any ranking to be paired with you for fighting. And then the ranking is again screwed up.
I for sure bet that this ranking (Like any ranking in FoE) will be screwed again in no-time...

DeletedUser16126

I think it is only a good idea if you allow a single revench (preferably with the possibility to fight in another age).
Then it will really change the game, then people need to have armies in every age. So people need continuous switching of baracks.
If you just allow fighting in the same age then it gets damn boring.
This revench shall be an option to be turned on or off. Players without unattached units can turn the option off. But for other players it can have a great value, because in many ages the first one to start will probably win the battle. So a revench (which makes the other player start first) would make the battles more fair.

DeletedUser5180

I think it is only a good idea if you allow a single revench (preferably with the possibility to fight in another age).
Then it will really change the game, then people need to have armies in every age. So people need continuous switching of baracks.
If you just allow fighting in the same age then it gets damn boring.
This revench shall be an option to be turned on or off. Players without unattached units can turn the option off. But for other players it can have a great value, because in many ages the first one to start will probably win the battle. So a revench (which makes the other player start first) would make the battles more fair.

my thinking is that you are assigned troops rather than choose your own troops, this keeps every battle fair with both players having identical troops.

DeletedUser5180

You can avoid abuse by running it as a league system.

perhaps there could be a league system... battle points won, battle points lost and battle points difference (pretty much like a football league table with goals for/against & goal difference) if there is a maximum number of fights allowed per day then no one player would be massively ahead of the others and would make it very interesting. Also very importantly... a maximum number of battles allowed would prevent abuse.

this points difference could determine placings in the league rather than battles won.?

going back to a prize for the winner.... lets say the league runs for a week just like the towers (but with a 24 period between one closing and a new one starting so there is no period when battles do not count unlike the current pvp towers), perhaps the top 3 get some kind of military boost for their city...... something like a watchfire but giving an % attack bonus would be am appropriate reward and would entice players to enter

DeletedUser100065

As you commented in another thread this had been buried somewhat but I really like this idea. so big fat +1 from me

DeletedUser65431

that does not make sense
Idea ignores pretty much everything about the city / empire that players build in FoE. What you are suggesting is a separate - standalone - battle strategy game.

DeletedUser65431

Proposal
Hi folks and welcome to the FoE player v player live battle arena.

when you log on you will go to the settings menu and toggle the option to take part in live battles. the system will enter your player name and you will now be included in this feature (if you click on the gvg map icon you will be temporarily disabled from this until you exit the map and return to your city).

the system will work as follows.... it randomly searches through the players who have opted in and matches two players from the same age / era (you can only take part in your current age / era)

a pop-up appears inviting you to take part, until you get to the battle screen you do not know who your opponent will be.

you only have a certain amount of time to accept, if you decline or are away from the pc etc then you will not be invited again for a pre-determined amount of time, if you do accept then you move to the battle field and play noughts and crosses, the player with the best tactics and use of the terrain will inevitably come out victorious.

points won will be the same format as in pvp but will not be added to a players pvp score... but will instead be added to a new 'noughts and crosses' ranking table and one fight added to their won battles total. if the player loses then one fight added to their lost battles total. there would be 4 columns in this ranking table... battle arena points won, battles won, battles lost & % of battles won.

this would give all players an equal chance to prove their fighting skills with no boosts and identical troops in every single battle.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea: Yes, and this exact format has not been proposed
posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? : not that i can find
Visual Aids : hopefully i can add these later if enough interest is shown

Abuse Prevention: as taking part does not affect players ranking or rewards the player then there is none that i can think of but perhaps a limit of 5 or 10 battles in a 24 hr period could be used to

DeletedUser15432

A score of -1 on this, very good idea but given the problems currently inherent in the GvG system, this would not work as it would cause more problems and game crashes

DeletedUser108047

+1 from me; the more battles the better and I like the idea of using my wits not just bludgeoning someone with my attack bonus

I'd like to be able to view the battles - video replay - maybe the leader board from the current competition and the previous week so I can learn. Maybe there could also be a bonus that a player can achieve by having the highest points not just for the week or in the league but for all time - and if those points are beaten the new highest player gets the bonus

DeletedUser111949

This is one of the most brilliant ideas. +1. How about All ages map to become arctic + oceanic map and then medals from the guild should be used on this arena in the next Age (cosmic or what should be the next one).

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

Properly need various modifications as already suggested in posts in this thread, but overall it would be a great addition and on long term basis many other things could be developed added to this.

Agent327

Overlord
the player with the best tactics and use of the terrain will enevitably come out victorious.

Not really. The player starting will have an advantage. Also since the terrain isn't exactly the same on both sides it will make a difference.

tthis would give all players an equal chance to prove their fighting skills with no boosts and identical troops in every single battle.

No, it will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.