• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

pvp idea

DeletedUser13805

ok here is an idea to get some sort of respect back into pvp

at the moment we have a ranking system based on medals ? its totaly useless now as any sort of guide to how well a player is doing as there is one player and more on 6 fights won yet is number 22 in the world because he has a horde of medals gained from other ways other then pvp.

i dont belive the medal table was put up there for that purpose i belive it was there to show up who is winning towers and gaining medals etc

so my idea is to change that ranking list and put in place a rank list based soley on battles won

there is real competion to be had by this system as many players are so close in terms of battles won score and it would certainly show up who are the keen fighters and give them some regconistion for there efforts
i know a few players have got the hump over this idea as it means they really wouldnt be featured in it or they would have to up there work rate to get into it but surely thats the whole idea is to make us all work for our wins etc ?

and i must point out this has nothing to do with the current ranking system as that would still be in place its just the medal rankings that i think need getting rid of and replacing with something that might bring in some real competion

DeletedUser

My 2cent opinion on that is that it would encourage players including big players to attack small players who are low and vulnerable, just to get that +1 won battle everytime.

Also, there would be a much lower interest in scoring battle points, which I find quite entertaining ( I like trying to reach the Champions of XYZ worlds score, see if I'm any good. And Battle points also help me grow with my overall points. I would be sad to see this jeopardised)

If the ranking is based on how many won battles we have, then some people would tend to go for easy winnable battles.
I do not say whether this is a good or bad idea, just thinking that this behaviour would surely happen, which is not fair either.
So choosing between unfair or unfair... well... you know what i mean ;)

DeletedUser7719

NutMadder;121774If the ranking is based on how many won battles we have said:
I doubt it or else more people would be going for easy medals for this medal ranking (fighting 2-spears with some IA or EMA troops to rank in the lower towers). Even if this idea wasn't implemented, I would rather just have the medal tab deleted :p
I am waiting for the template to +1 this idea

DeletedUser

Wanna cool ranking list? Battle points per battle.

PS Also, I'd make defense units random. If AI will always lead the battles, let it also choose best units from your pool randomly. Should get rid of annoying 2 spearmen and 8 tank defense fixing.

DeletedUser13805

thats not a bad idea mr duke : ) a random defence would certainly make things interesting, in my own hood i already have to guess what defence i will find as my hood or many of them swap and change daily just to try to kill one of my units and stop me from auto battling lol there buggers in my hood for that : )

anyway just to make it clear again
the rankings i am interested in changing is the medal ranking list that we have a tab for in our towns, it records all our medal wins and its useless these days.
the current ranking list based on coins and pvp would still be there in place with no changes just the medal list i want to see scraped and something else put in place to do with pvp
it would be a ranking list based only on players pvp wins, it could be futher modifiyied with a total battles wins / lost ior total towers won etc who knows what other features could be added

DeletedUser5180

i would keep the medal rankings but add a pvp points scored table. every pvp battle score stacks up from your very first battle to the present time, this will show who is a worthy battle champion. battles won mean nothing.......a player can auto combat 20 battles v 2 spearmen while another player manually completes 1 battle v 8 PE troops and battles won will show 20 : 1 which does not make this player better.

Im sure the servers will have the past pvp battle scores available to make this happen

DeletedUser13805

i would keep the medal rankings but add a pvp points scored table. every pvp battle score stacks up from your very first battle to the present time, this will show who is a worthy battle champion. battles won mean nothing.......a player can auto combat 20 battles v 2 spearmen while another player manually completes 1 battle v 8 PE troops and battles won will show 20 : 1 which does not make this player better.

Im sure the servers will have the past pvp battle scores available to make this happen

why would you keep the medal ranking ? what is it showing anyone ? who collects the most medals ? it was set up to keep a record of the fighters medal taly and its been hijacked by collectors so there is no meaning to the ranks anymore not in terms of a measure of a sucessful fighter.

i very much doubt players are gaining thousands of battle wins just by fighting spears but it is a point non the less

can you explain a bit more about the pvp battle score system your on about ?

DeletedUser15432

The point with keeping the medals is that you can get city expansions with medals - to do away with the medals system would kill the game and seriously affect a lot of cities

DeletedUser7719

He's not asking to get rid of the medals system, he's asking to get rid of the medal's tab in the rankings page

DeletedUser13805

The point with keeping the medals is that you can get city expansions with medals - to do away with the medals system would kill the game and seriously affect a lot of cities

i am clearly not making it clear what the simple idea is
byeordie is right i am not saying get rid of medals nor the need for them for expansions they can stay thats fine,
all i would like to see is the ranking system that is in place useing the medals totals ONLY, replaced with some sort of system that will reflect the fighters of the game, i proposed the fights won as one such system to be used as its the only thing fighters have that show up anything of there hard work consistantly battling. and there is nothing wrong in giveing credit to all the fighters who spend hours aday battling.
we have all sorts of credits or honours flying around from highest battle wins to highest tower points wins but nothing at all to show up who the true fighters are in all the worlds
i belive if we had such a system in place it would create real competion each week between us all for those who pvp that is

DeletedUser5180

can you explain a bit more about the pvp battle score system your on about ?

lets say i score 5 million pvp pts this wk, 4.5 million last wk & 4 million the week before that........thats 13.5 million pts in the last 3 weeks, now lets go back in time and add my weekly pvp pts since i started playing........that will be my pvp score which updates in a table after every battle.

this table will keep pvp scorers happy while the medal table will keep collectors happy.

DeletedUser13805

lets say i score 5 million pvp pts this wk, 4.5 million last wk & 4 million the week before that........thats 13.5 million pts in the last 3 weeks, now lets go back in time and add my weekly pvp pts since i started playing........that will be my pvp score which updates in a table after every battle.

this table will keep pvp scorers happy while the medal table will keep collectors happy.

thats not a bad idea at all
as with the fights won system i am proposing that will only reflect fights won only and not what the value of the battle was, so yes that could work.
anything that would show up the fighters who do work hard week in week out trying to climb the ladder but only getting beaten back because everyone now collects like mad ( me included)
all i would like to see is a seperate table that would focus just on pvp results total tower wins fightis won points won from battles etc all sorts of stats would be great but i have said it time and time again it doesnt matter what ideas or improvement anyone makes the devs dont listen so : (

the current medal ranking system that was supposed to be for pvp now only shows who collects the medals so its got to go as its really not a true reflection at all

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Have come to this thread a bit late .... but ALL very valid arguements ,and some very good ideas .

PVP , once a pleasure and a challenge , has now become no more than a chore to keep your ranking going , and I ( a die-hard PVPer) like many others am tiring of it ...
If it doesnt alter soon , it will kill off the game for many more players , maybe me included....
I really hope they take note , and action put in place at least some of these ideas...

We also need to see ...much more done to appease those of us who like our rankings and stats ... ( there are many ! )
So much more could be done to present to us more charts and tables , to reflect what we do .
I agree ,the medal table is pretty meaningless now ... although I am happy to see it stay , if we can get some other more useful table data going.

Good thread and contributions ...keep it going :)