• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Returns

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Announcement from beta: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pvp-arena-reworked.14229/#post-114821

Overall, I'd say this is looking pretty positive!:)
The biggest issue, being the matchmaking, appears to be sorted out... some may argue that 3 ages ahead is still too much, but it only appears to be in the one direction. (ie: only attacking is 3 ages ahead.)
So no more issues (hopefully!) of Space Age players ransacking early to mid game players.

Most of the rewards seem to be contained within the personal monthly reward bracket, AND, there's mention of earning some smaller rewards after a battle too, ala GBG's. :)

Overall, I can't wait to see how things shake out on beta starting tomorrow.
Let's hope they can get it right this time.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
well if past games are anything to go by ? gvg ? gbg ? we can expect a lot more where players can manipulate the game as they have never got those previous game right yet here we go again they will dare to bring yet another game out. i expect a lot of posts made by angry players as its always been the same, but i guess will have to wait and see and of course we will have no options as they will just push it on us as they always do

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
well if past games are anything to go by ? gvg ? gbg ? we can expect a lot more where players can manipulate the game as they have never got those previous game right yet here we go again they will dare to bring yet another game out. i expect a lot of posts made by angry players as its always been the same, but i guess will have to wait and see and of course we will have no options as they will just push it on us as they always do
You being one of the angry players lol :lol::lol::lol:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Hate to break it to you, but there's never been anything remotely competitive about any this game's features... every feature is busted as gak, and the points don't even make sense! (...let alone matter at all:P)
Any semblance of "balance" in this game went out the window the second INNO removed the Lv10 cap on GB's way back when. (...not the mention allowing players to build GB's from eras they haven't even unlocked yet!:P)

Now depending if/how the world & age rankings for this new PvP feature work? We *might* finally see some actual "real" measuring stick of viable competition emerge out of this.
Yes, I'm betting 1000% that there will still be the option to farm extra fights with diamonds, but overall, it should be a more accurate scale of where the top players in each age rank, since there's no ability to infinitely farm GBG's + GvG pts into the system. (...and honestly, if someone is dumb enough to throw their wallet at a weekly/monthly ranking system, then who cares - stupid is as stupid does afterall.:P)

Only way thus far from the initial announcement I can foresee them completely fething this up, is if they add in a new 'PvP building' that gives 25-30+fps/day & 30-50% atk + def boosts to attacking armies to only the Top 3 players each month.
(...and please Inno, this is NOT a suggestion!! >.< )

Last edited by a moderator:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Looking forward to the return of the pvp arena, last attempt was ok but very badly mismatched which seems to be eradicated, but really enjoy fighting units above my current era, this will be fun for sure :D

Shad23

Emperor
well i guess you'll still have option of opting out of pvp towers like last time they implemented it by getting rid of your def army if you don't like the pvp arena

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
So apparently according to the early beta feedback, the AI being used is the same one as used on the c-map! o_O
(ie: apparently, Rogues are NOT being targeted 1st. :P)

If they keep it, then it may likely mean that this feature will require a lot more manual fighting to avoid auto-losses for those who've always relied on just 1-2 'real' units + 6-7 green ninjas.
Also means that defenses with mixed troops will be more viable, and also likely to catch out the 'old school' unit+rogues set ups.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
So apparently according to the early beta feedback, the AI being used is the same one as used on the c-map! o_O
(ie: apparently, Rogues are NOT being targeted 1st. :P)

now that would be heaven sent, in one stroke they could make the fighting a real skill, if only they didn't target rogues first in all fights.
fed up of players who think they are a fighter and all they can do is auto battle,

it would mean if they want to be a real fighter then they will need to manual to save troops, just like a real general would, they would have to learn how to use the troops + or - advantages and also how to use the map segments that can aid your troops in each battle. and of course they will earn there points by taking less hits or losing less troops.

change gvg to manual fights and the hood to manual fights gets my vote so i hope its just the start of a change in the game that would bring back some real skill but i fear the people who just can not fight will start to cry its not fair to take away there auto button.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
One feedback regarding opponents difficulty system. I don't really get the point of having to battle someone 3 eras higher than you unless you have units from that era (yes, I think that higher age units in your army should determine your opponents i.e. counted into your MMR).
One good example for this is that not all ages/eras have unis that are well capable of fighting units of higher ages/eras, e.g. InA troops. And there are e.g. Hover Tanks from FE that can do pretty well even against 3-4 eras higher armies.

Knight of ICE

One feedback regarding opponents difficulty system. I don't really get the point of having to battle someone 3 eras higher than you unless you have units from that era (yes, I think that higher age units in your army should determine your opponents i.e. counted into your MMR).
One good example for this is that not all ages/eras have unis that are well capable of fighting units of higher ages/eras, e.g. InA troops. And there are e.g. Hover Tanks from FE that can do pretty well even against 3-4 eras higher armies.

This is neither the time nor the place for feedback. You will have to wait with that.

BarraG

Private
Sorry where can I vote not to have PVP maybe to late usual ... As I have relook at and it boring me as I don’t see the fun it, I tried but sorry it is no fun to play it. I do not see the added value in it or already have GE, GBG and GvG.
I been playing this game for a long time ... You call me dumb or stupid or what ever but are just battling random people or have I missing some thing as to me that is no fun it just like playing at pokies yes can pick different armies setup and select one of three to fight against... Yes know idea is to be the winner I can try sit this 24/7 and but try to that again and again ... boring no real interaction.
I would play it but I don’t see what gives more or different than what GBG already does as GBG you get interaction with others this does not, just feel like playing GE. If had more interaction it would be but don’t know how to make that happen.

Before replying please don’t respond with a straw man argument.

Forum Moderator,
Sorry, If have posted response in the wrong place let me know where I can, as I do not use forums much, thank you

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Sorry where can I vote not to have PVP maybe to late usual ... As I have relook at and it boring me as I don’t see the fun it, I tried but sorry it is no fun to play it. I do not see the added value in it or already have GE, GBG and GvG.
I been playing this game for a long time ... You call me dumb or stupid or what ever but are just battling random people or have I missing some thing as to me that is no fun it just like playing at pokies yes can pick different armies setup and select one of three to fight against... Yes know idea is to be the winner I can try sit this 24/7 and but try to that again and again ... boring no real interaction.
I would play it but I don’t see what gives more or different than what GBG already does as GBG you get interaction with others this does not, just feel like playing GE. If had more interaction it would be but don’t know how to make that happen.

Before replying please don’t respond with a straw man argument.

Forum Moderator,
Sorry, If have posted response in the wrong place let me know where I can, as I do not use forums much, thank you

You can not vote.

Knight of ICE

No it will be as is. When it comes out you can give feedback.