• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP Arena Returns Feedback

Powe

Brigadier-General
and here we go, another stupid feature by Inno rereleased in a "polished and improved version" ... to be honest I don't see how this is improved 1 bit, it's still a useless feature, that no one wants, Inno should be focusing on fixing bugged features, like the bug in GvG where you can't siege a sector that is adjacent to a sector that is under attack, because the game keeps loading the wrong sector, or like the MMR bug which they repeatedly won't admit is a bug, and won't admit that it's sorted by LP then Guild ID in a descenting order, even with various proof ...
It's like removing someone's freckles when they have a gaping wound in their arm.

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
Dear Kings and Queens,

Unfortunately, we must inform you of a delay to PVP Arena, and due to last minute adjustments required, you will need to wait a further week for it to begin.

The PVP Arena will instead begin on the 28th of May, and appear as an off-grid building, and then the first round will begin on the 31st of May!

Thank you for your understanding on this matter, and we look forward to seeing you on the 31st!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Kind regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team.

Dear Kings and Queens,

Unfortunately, we must inform you of a delay to PVP Arena, and due to last minute adjustments required, you will need to wait a further week for it to begin.

The PVP Arena will instead begin on the 28th of May, and appear as an off-grid building, and then the first round will begin on the 31st of May!

Thank you for your understanding on this matter, and we look forward to seeing you on the 31st!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Kind regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team.
Wonder what those "last minute adjustments" are, and if they have anything to do with the feedback they've gotten.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Wonder what those "last minute adjustments" are, and if they have anything to do with the feedback they've gotten.
Probably something to do with the matching system...

...are we all looking forward to fighting against the same players over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

...are we all looking forward to fighting against the same players over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?
Like last time? :lol:
That was kind of nice, actually. I was able to beat the same lower age players over and over and over and over and....

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
One thing to keep an eye on, apparently on the beta version, they've gone with using the C-map AI, so the age old 1-2 units + 6-7 rogues strategy will not fly in PvP mode if this also makes the move to live worlds. ;)

So at the very least, fights are going to be a wee bit more tactical, especially for the lower ages where (for most players) unit advantages/disadvantage are far more important.

One thing to keep an eye on, apparently on the beta version, they've gone with using the C-map AI, so the age old 1-2 units + 6-7 rogues strategy will not fly in PvP mode if this also makes the move to live worlds. ;)

So at the very least, fights are going to be a wee bit more tactical, especially for the lower ages where (for most players) unit advantages/disadvantage are far more important.
Good to know :-)

A couple of questions:

Why should you get a free preview of your opponent's attack/defense bonuses? Shouldn't you have to *make* the attack to find out?

Are players who do not actively participate (i.e. set no PvP Arena defense) removed from the opponent pool? Or are they offered up as unwilling victims using their standard city defense?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
At least you can't fight people on your flist or guild, but question then, what if on a server everyone in the top age, allies with each other. Then even their top fight, would always 100% of the time be the age below? lol

Or better yet, everyone -1 who sets their army up for easy beating

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i wonder who will be the first to work out how to cheat the pvp game ?
i wonder if the quit playing option will also be included like it was the last time they released it ? or has that been removed this time so we can not vote with our feet like we did the last time ?
1 final wonder is are they leaving the old pvp game alone or are they removing it ?

BarraG

Private
Sorry never will be interested PVP Arena .. It adds another thing to be done and there is no interactions with anyone .. to me another boring task to be done as I do not see any real challenge just win some prizes only if you have spent enough time doing to be at the top of the list :(

OrionMnt

Corporal
Oookay. PvP tower out finally. I have like 4 successful defendings already, but my rating didn't change. In the wiki I see that only when you are attacked as hard target and you win there is rating showed as reward. Is this still uncompleted or when you are attacked as Easy or Medium target and your defense holds, you won't win any rating. Or maybe is some delay that rating to sync?

OrionMnt

Corporal
Oookay. PvP tower out finally. I have like 4 successful defendings already, but my rating didn't change. In the wiki I see that only when you are attacked as hard target and you win there is rating showed as reward. Is this still uncompleted or when you are attacked as Easy or Medium target and your defense holds, you won't win any rating. Or maybe is some delay that rating to sync?
Alright, I'll answer my question :D You have combat points for milestone which are unaffected by defending win or lose. But overall rating actually is including defendings win or lose.