• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content PvP Arena Preview Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

Shad23

Emperor
someone on beta says they intend on making this go live fast so i created a poll on beta forum about pvp 2nd one that's been created there so far 1st one was largely in dis-favor of pvp , lol poll already closed by mods

Last edited:

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
Question... Is this new feature a way to avoid people with 2000/1000 (off/def) in attacking army, and 100/50 in city defense?. I was thinking on it but... if prices are not worthy, probably it´s not the case.
Ofc, it could be spending diamonds for rank... I saw people spending thousands of diamods in matches the last hour of the soccer event (with no prize at all) just to get the top1, so that could be a reason... BUT at the end, you need diamonds + good city defense.. and city defense means to use space for defense, and not attacking army.... which means less power for gbg.......
And visa player normally spend diamonds and diamonds developing their cities according to battles, the most profitable feature in FoE.....

So, if the PvP was thought to visas.... but visas normally focus in attack, and PvP needs also defense......

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Well, hopefully they take their time with this new "feature" to at least make it slightly less of a raging dumpster fire...

But I still don't see how they're going to make it attractive - especially prize wise, to anyone beyond the diamond whales.

Shad23

Emperor
But I still don't see how they're going to make it attractive - especially prize wise, to anyone beyond the diamond whales.
only thing they could do to make it attractive to me is to add manual fights and do like in GBG give possibility of a prize for each fights and not only in the results at end of week + for the extra trys would be nice if they'd give us possibility to buy extra trys by using other curencys befor asking us to buy with diamonds cause otherwise yes am affraid this will be only for the diamond whales
but am not holding my breath for the extra trys not baught with diamonds

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Except for my main city where I am extremely strong, I play in other worlds which range from Iron Age up. In those cities I regularly compete for the neighbourhood towers, and sometimes I win. My opponents fight hard, and it is a real challenge to see who will come out in the top 3 each week.

In this new arena nonsense, we will probably be lucky to come in the top 1000. Where is the motivation to join in with that? Where is the challenge? Trying to get into the top 900 perhaps? Even in my main city where I can beat anyone in battle on auto, I wouldn't waste hundreds (or more probably thousands) of diamonds just to get a few medals or a rogue hideout and a little badge that tells other players what a sad life I have.

If I wanted to play a gambling game, I'd have joined BET365. Click - win - click - lose - etc

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Except for my main city where I am extremely strong, I play in other worlds which range from Iron Age up. In those cities I regularly compete for the neighbourhood towers, and sometimes I win. My opponents fight hard, and it is a real challenge to see who will come out in the top 3 each week.

In this new arena nonsense, we will probably be lucky to come in the top 1000. Where is the motivation to join in with that? Where is the challenge? Trying to get into the top 900 perhaps? Even in my main city where I can beat anyone in battle on auto, I wouldn't waste hundreds (or more probably thousands) of diamonds just to get a few medals or a rogue hideout and a little badge that tells other players what a sad life I have.

If I wanted to play a gambling game, I'd have joined BET365. Click - win - click - lose - etc
Been following it on the beta forums, and in it's current iteration, it honestly sounds like anyone who's PME or lower will have a helluva time even breaking the top 2000 or so. :(

The top 1000 will almost certainly be nothing but Artic/Oceanic and on, since the matching system will allow all the end game players to feast on the lower eras, while low era players will get drowned in nothing but SAM/SAAB opponents until they bottom out in the standings, because... "reasons."

Top 250 and on will almost certainly be exclusively the 'Visagoths' club. :P

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

Oh sweet yes. But does that means manually fighting the person at the same time, ie you enter a quick match que then get matched with people of the same age? Otherwise its the same manual fights as normal, no real pvp as the AI is still terrible and you still could be going up against SAAB units in TE or something.

Could que up with your defending bonuses which means units don't actually die, or risk it, que up with attack bonuses but units can die and have to be ressed with diamonds? :D

DeletedUser

What I would love to know is how the AI goes about determining the rank of someone. So if someone actually invested in protecting their city would they not then end up showing up all of the time for others to get points off of (and the player who invested in defensive GBs lose points for having actual defensive buffs because they show up a lot more)? Don’t get me wrong I love PvP and it has always been a part of the game, for some of us right from the moment the game started unlike the protection period players get now, but the idea that those who have worked on nothing but their attacking army where those players who have fewer defensive options may end up becoming someone to make lots of points off of and showing up on a players list more than once a day seems to really defeat the purpose.

The game is already overly unbalanced because:

* the focus shifted to the Arc and 1.9 way of levelling GBs
* players don’t PvP as much and most consider the defensive buildings a waste of space from those I’ve talked to because there are other GBs that help them more
* some of the features that help players protect their city in normal hood PvPing like: city def buff, city shield and other buffs don’t look as though they would apply the way they would with the current PvPing.
* most players just work on their attacking GBs for things like GvG, GE, GBG.
* in the higher ages where there is the chance to double the damage to be done in one hit the game still has not equalized the difference between a units attacking and extremely low defensive power so where some GBs that help with the in regular PvP mode no longer apply

So I’m trying very hard to see how a system that pits everyone of different eras works better than the current system of only those people in the hood or even all players of one era which I would have loved to have seen. At least then it is more equalized between units and sometimes amount of time playing the game. As well medals as a prize after Progressive, with the way the game is now what with the higher era GBs easily available, make for a poor prize indeed. As things read in the beta forums this would be the first feature in the game I wouldn’t take part in which is sad because I love my manual fights but out of respect for those who wouldn’t stand a chance against my units would pull my army.

I’d love to see: everyone competing together only of the same era on the same server, or better yet, just have better prizes for the current system as it can be fun to try and play with lower era units to get points in a tower you wouldn’t otherwise have access to.

The real bummer is being able to give Paybacks to hoodies that mess up Event Wheel Spins - you know the types - we want to be able to stop by and say "Hello" for toying with us!

r21r

Major-General
The real bummer is being able to give Paybacks to hoodies that mess up Event Wheel Spins - you know the types - we want to be able to stop by and say "Hello" for toying with us!
i think that the Wheel of Fortune , is way more PvP than the actual upcoming "PvE" Arena haha

Or even "EvE" :'D anyway let's see what's coming