• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content PvP Arena Preview Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
I thought PvP would be something like..... You go into the building (what means that you are connected), another guy challenge you (so both of you are connected), and you fight in manual (or auto may, if you want to take the risk against a manual player). So real person against real person, in live.

But this is a Pay vs Pay feature....

Shad23

Emperor
You go into the building (what means that you are connected), another guy challenge you (so both of you are connected), and you fight in manual (or auto may, if you want to take the risk against a manual player). So real person against real person, in live.
would have been good feature if it would have been like that eaven with prizes they give at moment
and would have made a great feature if would have been that +better prizes
but
as it is now you won't see me participate in this in live servers
this is just stupid not thaught through idea of a joke worst then that thing where you had to watch vidéos to get stuff in this you can't eaven watch vidéo of the fight just plain stupidest idea ever from INNO

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Just tried it out on the server we're not supposed to mention here..

Me - Late Middle Ages
3 Opponents - Late Middle Ages, Space Age Mars, Space Age Asteroid Belt.

So glad they gave me a choice!

What on earth were the devs thinking? This is truly the worst idea I've ever seen in this game. You don't even get to see the army you're about to auto battle which means absolutely zero strategy is involved. And when the fight is over, no replay so your none the wiser about how you won/lost. I've left it with a defensive army of 1 rogue - good luck fighting him 'til the 2 weeks runs out.

What a load of utter rubbish.

Just tried it out on the server we're not supposed to mention here..

Me - Late Middle Ages
3 Opponents - Late Middle Ages, Space Age Mars, Space Age Asteroid Belt.

So glad they gave me a choice!

What on earth were the devs thinking? This is truly the worst idea I've ever seen in this game. You don't even get to see the army you're about to auto battle which means absolutely zero strategy is involved. And when the fight is over, no replay so your none the wiser about how you won/lost. I've left it with a defensive army of 1 rogue - good luck fighting him 'til the 2 weeks runs out.

What a load of utter rubbish.

Now that I have heard that - It's a pisspot of the - what is it - the Japan Settlement battles - Easy, Normal, Hard - reworked into a fart for PaP

speaking of which - it's toilet time - lol

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
lol, watching Foe Hints vid. His Tomorow era got beaten by Space Age Mars units and he lost points at the tower by that same person twice.

Seems balanced. Hopefully that gets fixed or whats the point? You Have to be at the end age in order to use the new pvp tower features? xD

This needs some work, hopefully they can nail it cause it seems like a fun idea

Whole world is one single group? Would it not be logical to group players by neighborhoods or even eras?

Rewards are either medals, coins, few troops or 25 diamonds?

Sounds like a very bad joke and failed attempt to popularize defense GBs such as Basil's and DC which no one uses any more as GvG has been left to die out so they need another purpose?

Yep - As much fun as getting beat by a guild of 5 Iron Age members in GbG - Truly a Joke - And THEY will fix it - if the weakling can't beat the highest players - well we can't have that - LOL Did I mention - It's as Joke

DeletedUser

I'm not shocked over the feedback already from those who have already tried it. What I would have like to have seen vs this new system because everything I thought would happen has so far based on what I'm hearing...

* keep the current towers
* add actual 1st, 2nd, 3rd place rewards for each tower

This way it's still a 2 week cycle, those who don't bother putting in a defending army are now choosing to help those who want to PvP and the rewards will be higher for those players in the higher era vs the lower ones (to equalize the differences between costs) as they'll have access to all towers via GvG and PvPing in the hood because of those who don't put in armies, those who want to fight and take part can and those who don't aren't. Easy and all it means is a new way of rewarding the current towers and those who PvP and even better there is a manual option!

Very underwhelming.. I had high hopes for this new feature too but it seems it’s just another way of getting us to blow diamonds..
SAAB era players with ridiculously high attack boost will be able to dominate (not that they don’t already like..) their the only players who are going to be able to autobattle blind sustainably.. and pairing everyone together is just stupid! There is no way in hell an LMA player can compete with a SAAB player with 5 nail storm and 3 rocket troops on defence even if they had a colossal amount of attack boost and an imperial guard mixed with rogues..
Is the thinking behind this to stop people camping in low eras and force cash players to blow their stashes getting to SAAB so they can compete?..
Needs serious tweaks before I’d even consider looking at it on live...

Shad23

Emperor
with any chance they might for once listen to their clients , already 25 pages of negative feedback on beta forum about this new PVP
i hope they ditch this thing or do some important changes before it goes live

I will wait for the PvP to be rolled out...before commenting. In all honesty, all of these so called new implementations seem to only favour the Tablet/Mobile players...

The main reason my Nephew (may he R.I.P), was able to convince me to start playing this game was because it was mouse Friendly and also an RTS game. I suffer with Rheumatoid Arthritis, as well as CFS/ME/Fibromyalgia, and Matthew (May he R.I.P), desired me to get online and play a game with him so we could interact more with each other.

Despite Matthew choosing his time of departure from this world, I still managed to continue playing as it gave me something to do to while away some hours after a bad MVCollision.

Anyway, as I was saying all the so called new implementations seem to favour the Mobile/Tablet users than the PC Players...so will wait till PvP is rolled out to non Beta to comment.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
with any chance they might for once listen to their clients , already 25 pages of negative feedback on beta forum about this new PVP
i hope they ditch this thing or do some important changes before it goes live
One positive aspect that hasn't yet been mentioned: reading the beta feedback with a bucket of popcorn is still better entertainment than anything coming out of Hollywoke these days! ;)

One positive aspect that hasn't yet been mentioned: reading the beta feedback with a bucket of popcorn is still better entertainment than anything coming out of Hollywoke these days! ;)
The last time they released something with this much negative feedback was Virgo Project.. ok they tweaked it before releasing on live but if we have as much success with this we’ll end up attacking ourselves with 6 battles per day :P
The game in the last few months has moved more & more towards cash players.. The soccer event was a diamond players wet dream and looking at the summer event and the governors villa that’s going to be more of the same.. by the time we get to Venus next year I wouldn’t be at all surprised if every tech needed 10k+ diamonds to unlock :(
The reason I play FoE and not some other mmo game is the fact I can play without spending and using strategy do as well (if not better than) some of the spenders..
I know devs have to get paid but don’t do it at the expense of normal players who don’t have endless amounts of disposable income to throw at the game..

The last time they released something with this much negative feedback was Virgo Project.. ok they tweaked it before releasing on live but if we have as much success with this we’ll end up attacking ourselves with 6 battles per day :P
Thank you for mentioning the Virgo project! The first thought that came to me when I saw the PvP Arena preview was inno is pulling another Virgo incident. Back then there were mountains of negative feedback complaining that it's very useless, and a few posts saying it's too powerful for hood attacks. So inno just excluded it from Hood attacks and released to live (actually slightly worse, they released to live and then nerfed it, even though they'd said elsewhere they'll nerf it). This was when I learned inno does NOT go back on bad design concepts.

I think the same thing will happen with the PvP Arena. They'll probably increase the free attempts to 10-12 per day, fix the era mismatch, and maybe buff the rewards a little and then release to live servers. I don't think they'll acknowledge the whole thing needs to go back to the drawing board. There was already 10+ pages of negative feedback on Beta before this preview was released here. So it doesn't seem someone in the developing team said hang on let's not release a teaser to live as we might need to rework the whole thing.

Also this is the first feature where whatever anyone does, you can only compete through paying diamonds. Is this a shift towards aggressive pay to play in FOE? I know this is the case in events and that's fair enough, people do that for events to get unique buildings that helps their progress, but this is different! This is supposed to be an ongoing feature. Usually with these competition type thing paying diamonds would indirectly help. Never before was it the case that the biggest factor in the competition is spending diamond!