• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content PvP Arena Preview Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I love the PvP towers
I want to keep them in the game
IT is quite crap inno taking away the best part of the game (for me) its horrible and irritating

Forwandert

Major-General
You’ll have to assign a PvP army for the tower separate from your main city defending army

Could you clarify something. The defending army is kept at the start of your army page so on mobile you can access the first two of troops of each option before having to scroll across right. This additional army isn't at the start of the army page is it?

DeletedUser

That’s a real PR statement right there. Most of the Feedback I’ve read on the last few pages of this thread is about how the testing and feedback is ignored, so what’s the point of it anyway?
Yeah

Ricky17890

Private
Please remember this is still in the feedback phase and just released on Beta. This is why we have a Beta Server, for feedback and testing.
Good to hear. I love forge of empires and dislike it when I see some long term players threatening to quit. Having said that it must be hard sometimes for the developers as you wont please everyone. Ultimately I think the quality of the game should come first before business. If one follows that everything else follows.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Please remember this is still in the feedback phase and just released on Beta. This is why we have a Beta Server, for feedback and testing.
...but you started this thread and it's called feedback, so what do you expect?

You have to take into account that players are livid about this and they need an outlet to express their anger.

It would help if the developers properly responded to these threads and explained why this is a good idea in the face of such hostility, but that never happens. Instead they dump it on you to take the flack. It's not fair on you and it's not an acceptable way to treat the people who pay their wages.

Forwandert

Major-General
It would help if the developers properly responded to these threads and explained why this is a good idea in the face of such hostility, but that never happens. Instead they dump it on you to take the flack. It's not fair on you and it's not an acceptable way to treat the people who pay their wages.

They have no intention of doing that. These are feedback threads for them to gain feedback not for us to get feedback.

DeletedUser

...but you started this thread and it's called feedback, so what do you expect?

You have to take into account that players are livid about this and they need an outlet to express their anger.

I agree

Ricky17890

Private
They have no intention of doing that. These are feedback threads for them to gain feedback not for us to get feedback.
I think things will change though . If one doesnt listen to the consumer the product will struggle and people will be out of a job.

As noted though I've always found customer service good which is why some of the negative comments on here surprise me.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I think things will change though . If one doesnt listen to the consumer the product will struggle and people will be out of a job.

As noted though I've always found customer service good which is why some of the negative comments on here surprise me.

The support staff are great - very helpful, but it's the development team who's communication skills are lacking.

Ricky17890

Private
The support staff are great - very helpful, but it's the development team who's communication skills are lacking.
I just hope things change. Iam sure not all of them are bad though. Hence overall forge of empires is a great game and I hope these problems that some have faced can be ironed out.

Forwandert

Major-General
Unfortunately true, but any decent company who upset their customers this badly would at least issue a statement to clarify their position.

In 8 years of playing Innogames games I've seen one statement after they upset the players with a change. I think the main reason for that one was the main communication tool players chose for the game was Skype so there was no control over how the situation escalated.

Other games they own had official player elected councils to try and fix issues and be a go between with devs/CM/LCMs and after an initial short period of communication they also got ignored for months and were left to try and answer players questions with no information to work on.

Once you're content that there wont be communication everything is a lot less stressful. (Not aimed at any of the staff here btw in any way, you can only work with what you are provided with) Just seen the outcome of communication issues over the years.

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
issue a statement to clarify their position.
i unfortunatly never saw INNO do that but i guess feature will be ditched into the bin once they see no one or almost no one uses it in live servers like when they had that watch a vidéo to get stuff thing , this should get ditched fast if ppl don't use feature once it hits live hopefully , please ignore this feature once it hits live so they understand we don't want this crap
am eather going to ignore it or do as a guy on beta said to do :
How to profit from INNO's developers' flaws:

Step 1: Go to your PvP arena window, find out who are your opponents.

Step 2: Write each if them a message, tell them to accept your friend request and place 5 FP on your desired GB and in return you send out an army of rogues to be defeated against their army.

Step 3: Unfriend the ones who have accepted your offer to make room for new "Point Buyers", defeat or ignore the players who havent answered or declined your offer.

Make this deal twice per week and you are already making more FP than the top rank players.

Don't forget to thank INNO at the end, Thanks INNO

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
If you dont like it fine, dont play it its that simple.

They are removing PVP towers, which people like and have worked for ages, to give us something no one asked for that will only drive players away where you HAVE To spend diamonds to compete, if you don't, you win nothing. Nada. Zilch. And you go up against SAAB players in TE so your defence boosts mean even less then they did before.

IF! This new pvp feature was real time pvp like they have in many other games, then that would be fine, screw rewards i'd love to manually battle someone else manually battling.

Instead its auto battling with limitations unless you spend.

I don't really understand some of the recent changes or additions. Like trying to fix what aint broke, the game is fine, it didn't need this stuff. It doesn't need massive graphic overhauls of the buildings surrounding with them all being clumped together, it doesn't need a auto battle diamond only pvp tower.

And you go up against SAAB players in TE so your defence boosts mean even less then they did before.
This exactly.. I’ve kept my defensive buildings for a while now with an eye towards this coming even when everyone else switched their layouts to suit GbG and go all attack.. this new feature stands to make defensive buildings completely pointless as I collect religiously anyway so neighbourhood attacks are negated by that and the real big attacking players have more than enough attack boost to breach any defence anyway..
If Inno are insisting on using AI defence they need to drastically improve the AI’s battling ability, add a second wave to defence, add a defensive turret type building you can add to your city or all of the above for me personally

ncshsg

Private
Think something got bugged out signed out of Beta, signed into M and got the splash page and info for pvp pop up.
We are investigating this issue in this report. Nevertheless, could you tell us there what your first actions were on the M world after logging out of Beta (and the last actions you took there as well) ?