• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I guess that blew up in your face, those people who have high SBC and DC had them before the PvP arena, and Inno obviously had to withdraw the feature or they would lose $$ by massive players quitting the game, me among them, Nobody real want's to be part of a community where a development team ignores its players and people who fund them with $$... I understand there are weaklings who will accept reality, but there are also strong people built by principle who will stand up for whats right even if it means completely quitting the game and finding a community where players are respected..

they put 8 months in to this? if this is their result, I think Inno needs to hire some brains who will deliver better results regarding ideas, and I hope Inno will learn that EN is not a testing ground, it's a main server, and your testing phases are destroying our gaming experience, if we wanted to do testing, we would play BETA, its why BETA exists! with 8h reset you destroyed 50% of the guilds treasuries for what? a feature that got withdrawn, most guilds never recovered from it because GBG came right after that which was and is another treasury resource hog with a totally unbalanced system of choosing goods types, what in the world were they thinking disabling AO and Kraken in Arena? It's like huh? a 2 year old would know that there will be tons of negative feedback because of it, the rewards? for top 5? renovation and one up kits? seriously? some players have thousands, I don't get it...

Do I have to mention that Inno has turned a game where you could spend 1h daily and stay competitive in to a game where you need to spend 20h a day grinding to be competitive? Repetitive Events, short periods between events, short periods between GBG seasons, I mean last 2 weeks was heaven for my mind without a event to worry about, and the last 3 days without GBG was actually heaven for the mind of my entire guild as well! many Top players of Greinfetal have quit the game because Inno turned it in to a heavy grind based game, it's like WoW all over again, it's grind grind grind grind grind 0 FUN, grind grind grind and 0 FUN! and MORE GRIND! BOOOORING!

Inno needs better management
end of rant!

This can't be emphasized enough, the GRIND point above, with each new feature demanding more time and more grind, instead of being interesting or challenging, it's about how much time and how many clicks you can do. Or how much you're willing to pay in diamonds. What's fun about that? NEWSFLASH: People who like strategy games - they don't like grinding through repetitive tasks, and they don't like totally random outcomes without skill or ability to influence the outcome. This covers too much ground and probably wrong place to post now, but hey, the rant is due.

I second all the points about the bad game management. The direction of the game has really veered off course in the past year. This PvP Arena fiasco just let loose the flood gates on several issues, starting with 3 GVG resets a day last September, and then GBG release in November. Then the Message center update was dumped on us without warning on Wednesday. It's got issues too with the design, mostly that it's a lot of wasted space on time stamps and graphics, and hard to read the actual messages, which ironically is the whole point of a message center. Why does Innogames insist on releasing stuff that isn't ready or well thought-out? If the players on EN server feel like guinea pigs, that's for good reason: we have been guinea pigs.

I see a lot of similarities between the PvP Arena failure and the problems with Battlegrounds. As currently playing out, the GBG is not much of a competition, but more about Individual rewards farming with siege camps; more time and clicks, no strategy required, just lots of goods from treasury and keep clicking. Any guild with a pulse can get max MMR and be in diamond league; the leagues are meaningless as time goes on, every active guild gets promoted to diamond. Even better, there's tiny differences in guild rewards for finishing 1-8 so not much motivation there either (just like the PvP arena rewards were - all similar, all common.) And the algorithm to select 'random' goods picks on the same goods frequently, probably the same people who wrote the goods selector for GBG buildings also wrote the PvP Arena algorithm which kept giving me the same 2 Saab players to fight, over and over.

I observe many people leaving the game also; most because they don't have time to keep up with all the junk being thrown into the game. Innogames does not understand their player base. It's not fun to have an overwhelming number of tasks to do each day "in order to stay competitive" so its either spend many hours a day trying to keep up, or quit when this becomes impossible. Non-Stop Events, Settlements, GBG, PvP Arena -- these are not improving the game. It is giving players busy work. And it feels like work, which you can't wait to be done with, or maybe need a vacation from; and 3 days off is not enough break from anything.

pharl

Corporal
Instead of the PvP arena, I think expanding the GE competition would be good - extra levels for example, without radically changing it. I also think the settlements are a terrific idea - they're challenging and make you think on how to complete them. So more of those would be good as well.

pharl

Corporal
I observe many people leaving the game also; most because they don't have time to keep up with all the junk being thrown into the game. Innogames does not understand their player base. It's not fun to have an overwhelming number of tasks to do each day "in order to stay competitive" so its either spend many hours a day trying to keep up, or quit when this becomes impossible. Non-Stop Events, Settlements, GBG, PvP Arena -- these are not improving the game. It is giving players busy work. And it feels like work, which you can't wait to be done with, or maybe need a vacation from; and 3 days off is not enough break from anything.
Many games have gone the same way over the years. I used to play Alpha Wars and a couple of others, until they added more and more things and it became unsustainable time-wise. FoE is going the same way it seems - there's so much to do each day. And GBG - it's run by big guilds swapping sectors and blocking all other guilds from playing. As fun as it was at the beginning, it too has declined in popularity for all but the largest guilds who want to spend all day organising sector swaps and killing the game.

This can't be emphasized enough, the GRIND point above, with each new feature demanding more time and more grind, instead of being interesting or challenging, it's about how much time and how many clicks you can do. Or how much you're willing to pay in diamonds. What's fun about that? NEWSFLASH: People who like strategy games - they don't like grinding through repetitive tasks, and they don't like totally random outcomes without skill or ability to influence the outcome. This covers too much ground and probably wrong place to post now, but hey, the rant is due.

I second all the points about the bad game management. The direction of the game has really veered off course in the past year. This PvP Arena fiasco just let loose the flood gates on several issues, starting with 3 GVG resets a day last September, and then GBG release in November. Then the Message center update was dumped on us without warning on Wednesday. It's got issues too with the design, mostly that it's a lot of wasted space on time stamps and graphics, and hard to read the actual messages, which ironically is the whole point of a message center. Why does Innogames insist on releasing stuff that isn't ready or well thought-out? If the players on EN server feel like guinea pigs, that's for good reason: we have been guinea pigs.

I see a lot of similarities between the PvP Arena failure and the problems with Battlegrounds. As currently playing out, the GBG is not much of a competition, but more about Individual rewards farming with siege camps; more time and clicks, no strategy required, just lots of goods from treasury and keep clicking. Any guild with a pulse can get max MMR and be in diamond league; the leagues are meaningless as time goes on, every active guild gets promoted to diamond. Even better, there's tiny differences in guild rewards for finishing 1-8 so not much motivation there either (just like the PvP arena rewards were - all similar, all common.) And the algorithm to select 'random' goods picks on the same goods frequently, probably the same people who wrote the goods selector for GBG buildings also wrote the PvP Arena algorithm which kept giving me the same 2 Saab players to fight, over and over.

Spot on :-)

1ROBERTG1

Private
The new PvP Arena Feature will release on EN on Monday, August 31st. Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!
I don't mind the new PVP but a couple of things I think need addressed. 1st the pay out sucks. I got way more medals in the old PVP format and the chest your offering are pretty much crap. 2nd I've heard a lot of complaints about having to fight players above you level/era. For me it's not been much of an issue but lower levels having to fight SAM or SAAB it could be rough. For what it's worth. Thanks, I think you folks do a pretty good job.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I would be just as happy to go back to the towers too. I liked chasing the top spot while doing GBG - can't see it now. But I have always wondered why they don't change the prize in the Towers to more Era friendly rewards. Medals, are pretty much useless once you get a bit higher, so why not switch them to FPs from Future Era on...a little FP prize is always nice.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Instead of the PvP arena, I think expanding the GE competition would be good - extra levels for example, without radically changing it. I also think the settlements are a terrific idea - they're challenging and make you think on how to complete them. So more of those would be good as well.
Um, they're really not at all...
a) Egypt = 'build 2x Nubian camps & hope to land two x4 payouts = auto-win for anyone who at least has a pulse.
b) Japan = 'race to unlock Merchant & land 1 instance of 'Instruments' = auto-win for anyone with at least 2 brain cells to rub together.
c) Vikings = 'have the time to baby sit & run a couple days of 5-15min productions to build up copper supply'.

And even then, in all cases, it eventually still comes down to sheer dumb luck and not getting RNG-screwed on the x4 payouts, while constantly going through the motions of, "acquire goods, delete everything, place required culture, delete culture, rebuild more goods/quest demands, rinse/repeat."

It's different, and the rewards are absolutely worth the effort, but difficult? Challenging? Not so much. :P

dorocill

Corporal
It was interesting to the extent that it gave an opportunity to look beyond the hood individually & sure, I would for one like to see it come back with fair within reason matchmaking & better rewards.

Malynn

Corporal
Although Inno has said that the PvP Arena will be deactivated on Monday. We are still being matched against armies of a much higher era and maintaining our ranking is becoming impossible. I am EMA and in the last 24 hours since the announcement of the deactivation my defending army has been beaten by Modern Era x 2, Arctic Future x 2, Colonial Age x 3, Contemporary Era, LMA x 2. That is 10 battles lost against much superior armies. Inno needs to call a stop to this grossly unfair and unbalanced feature immediately. And which we have wasted enough time on.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Did people just forget that the reason we are seeing the armies we up against and are being hit by random age armies is that its 100% based on the rankign score of the pvp tower?

Seen a couple posts now with out of era complaints. But the era plays no part in the current matchmaking, that's why this tower doesn't work. THe only thing determining what you fight, is your score and their scores.

Malynn

Corporal
Did people just forget that the reason we are seeing the armies we up against and are being hit by random age armies is that its 100% based on the rankign score of the pvp tower?

Seen a couple posts now with out of era complaints. But the era plays no part in the current matchmaking, that's why this tower doesn't work. THe only thing determining what you fight, is your score and their scores.

No, I don't believe we forgot. It just gives more reason why PvP should be closed now. While it is still open players are still being matched against far superior armies (albeit at the same score) and the inevitable defeat means their ranking is being pushed down.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Although Inno has said that the PvP Arena will be deactivated on Monday. We are still being matched against armies of a much higher era and maintaining our ranking is becoming impossible. I am EMA and in the last 24 hours since the announcement of the deactivation my defending army has been beaten by Modern Era x 2, Arctic Future x 2, Colonial Age x 3, Contemporary Era, LMA x 2. That is 10 battles lost against much superior armies. Inno needs to call a stop to this grossly unfair and unbalanced feature immediately. And which we have wasted enough time on.
They already have put a stop to it.

pipo69

Private
I tried the new PvP Arena and I kinda like the fact that it very bad for everyone besides some players in the highest Era. This gave the perfect excuse after a couple of days trying to a decent ranking to not play at all. This is good because it give me time to do fun stuff. Time, the only thing I always I shortage off.

Huray for the return of the PvP Towers. Something I can completly ignore cause it only gives medals of which I have plenty and do not need more.

DeletedUser

I liked the PvP Arena, even in its current format. Going up against a higher age, sometimes winning, but most times losing. I rarely bothered with the PvP Tower, even if I was #1 in the hood.
I play FoE to have fun, not be the best:)

Status
Not open for further replies.