• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This PvP is good for point farming for high end players, because you can spend medals and buy more trys...fights are easy for top players.

Malynn

Corporal
I would like to see the PvP Arena make a return but on a more level playing field where there is maybe a larger selection of opponents than just 3 and where players are matched against players of their own era, not against players of much higher era's. I really don't understand what the Devs could possibly have been thinking about matching armies against armies of a much higher era, it was always going to be a one-sided battle.

r21r

Major-General
if the arena is about to be updated in the future, is there any place where we can make suggestions ?
i have an idea with formulas, but shall i post it here or nobody is interested/wrong place-time ?

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Since July 9th, we have received impressive 2400 comments of feedback (EN and Beta forums) regarding the new PvP Arena feature. Most of those comments were requests to improve this feature and, therefore, as part of our culture to make Forge of Empires better, we have decided to deactivate the PvP Arena on September 7th, at 09:00 AM - CEST (within the rewards delivery related to the last week's PvP Arena activity). It will probably still be possible to play the PvP Arena for a few hours more, but that will not result in delivering new rewards.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Lady Marlena just dropped some wonderful news!

And the old pvp towers are back!! :D

Ok improvements, the new pvp tower needs to be less about it being just about whose the highest age/ basically the score ranking. It either needs to be hood based with reduced rewards (since its only between 80 people, this assume if the old towers are still going away), or age based on your server (with the same rewards, this could also mean the old pvp towers stay if possiblem, I do prefer this method of it being aged based with limits), so you can see whose the best Inda age player. And require enough people of that same age to work, set a limit so that people can't just be the top age solo and get first place prizes. That'd be great cause then that'd work against people rushing ages on a new server. It would actually HELP a new server immensely as it would show new players to the game that rushing is not always the best option. Seen too many rush and burn and complain about supply or coin as I sit on multi-millions in lower ages, then those same people complain about events being too hard.

And in both hood and age cases, remove the 5 defence limit and force npc swaps to people trying to abuse the system at the top. Do not let the same person hit you more then maybe twice a day. for lower ranks it should be good enough that their score changes prevents defence abuse. This would give incentive to building defensive based structures in your city, as it stands at only 5 defence counts it means defence buildings are still pointless. You'd need high defence and a good troop selection on defence to get the most points from defence hits against you, and prevent point loss.

It would be great to be able to select the troops we have on defence in our cities against plunderers as well as to be put on defence here, but my best guess is they are hidden to prevent health loss if they are used in combat and come out with less health? Not sure how that works but would be great to have the same units as both defences, and still be able to use them in combat. Could be a toggle that shows/hides your troops in the pvp arena tower from your army selection when attacking. Makes life easier on the attacker, as it stands you have to go into the tower and swap out the units if you put a special unit in there or you need some full health troops quickly.

Attempts I am fine with of course, what we have now is ok if the medals could be maybe made a bit cheaper but it is nice having something to spend hoards of medals on once the expansions are all done.

Also everyone really should be starting at the same point range, say 10k. so you have something to lose. Then effort is actually rewarded. The more you fight and the better your defences, the better and higher you stay each week with the 10% reductions.

Just my thoughts so far. :)

Deleted member 109369

if the arena is about to be updated in the future, is there any place where we can make suggestions ?
i have an idea with formulas, but shall i post it here or nobody is interested/wrong place-time ?

We will leave this thread open until tomorrow night so by all means, share some suggestions here and I will see that they are forwarded

Deleted member 109369

Lady Marlena just dropped some wonderful news!

And the old pvp towers are back!! :D

Ok improvements, the new pvp tower needs to be less about it being just about whose the highest age/ basically the score ranking. It either needs to be hood based with reduced rewards (since its only between 80 people, this assume if the old towers are still going away), or age based on your server (with the same rewards, this could also mean the old pvp towers stay if possiblem, I do prefer this method of it being aged based with limits), so you can see whose the best Inda age player. And require enough people of that same age to work, set a limit so that people can't just be the top age solo and get first place prizes. That'd be great cause then that'd work against people rushing ages on a new server. It would actually HELP a new server immensely as it would show new players to the game that rushing is not always the best option. Seen too many rush and burn and complain about supply or coin as I sit on multi-millions in lower ages, then those same people complain about events being too hard.

And in both hood and age cases, remove the 5 defence limit and force npc swaps to people trying to abuse the system at the top. Do not let the same person hit you more then maybe twice a day. for lower ranks it should be good enough that their score changes prevents defence abuse. This would give incentive to building defensive based structures in your city, as it stands at only 5 defence counts it means defence buildings are still pointless. You'd need high defence and a good troop selection on defence to get the most points from defence hits against you, and prevent point loss.

It would be great to be able to select the troops we have on defence in our cities against plunderers as well as to be put on defence here, but my best guess is they are hidden to prevent health loss if they are used in combat and come out with less health? Not sure how that works but would be great to have the same units as both defences, and still be able to use them in combat. Could be a toggle that shows/hides your troops in the pvp arena tower from your army selection when attacking. Makes life easier on the attacker, as it stands you have to go into the tower and swap out the units if you put a special unit in there or you need some full health troops quickly.

Attempts I am fine with of course, what we have now is ok if the medals could be maybe made a bit cheaper but it is nice having something to spend hoards of medals on once the expansions are all done.

Also everyone really should be starting at the same point range, say 10k. so you have something to lose. Then effort is actually rewarded. The more you fight and the better your defences, the better and higher you stay each week with the 10% reductions.

Just my thoughts so far. :)

I'll see that this is forwarded, thank you.

DeletedUser

I still don't like the wording as it sounds as though it may come back. I'll be honest I was actually depressed when the old towers went as I loved seeing how many folks tried to play all of the towers as a now SAAB player.

This feature reminded me too much of the days when there were multiple eras all in the same hood sometimes for a month with the higher era players using their units against the lower age ones with the players responses when asked to stop attacking with their units being "well now we know to target you" and the games response being "learn how to protect your city". I enjoyed learning how to protect my city and learning how to move and use my units and rogues to their best abilities. However I see many players who no longer know how to do that once PvPing was pushed so far back in the technology tree and it became possible to negotiate their way through everything save for GbG which was always broke in my opinion save for the time there were 3 resets to make it truely available for those who have jobs or time zones don't align with changeover.

If I had witnessed the following I would have taken part:

* Only matchups one era up and one era down (for more competition). As players are era sitting more and as most eras aren't overly difficult with their current era units this would have made it a more viable and easy to understand loss. I refused to play the new towers the moment they made it clear that good fighters would be pitted against each other BUT a good player does not equate units that stand a chance between the amount of distance a unit can move or even attack from
or
* The old towers with the same types of rewards/chest
or
* Access to all users of a players era with the same types of rewards/chest.
* Listening to their beta players, no all players who have been playing the game long term. Even before it was released on beta I pegged what the potential problems would be, wasn't shocked when the beta players were talking about it and then seeing the same issues released live. Coupled with that being more transparent with the way a new feature would work in the spirit of things. Instead of posting on social media about a new feature without the game dynamics involved the most important I am sure to most being who they would be paired up against would have generated more messages of concern before it was released live.

I'm all for change, IF those changes aren't: taking away a feature that players love from those using it, if there is at least an honest chance at all players involved having a possibility. Even with the way it was set up those who pay money would have stood a chance, but no amount of money would allow a Progressive era player to win against a VF or higher player unless they had no defensive units in.

** side note: no I do not pay my way to get through the game. Once upon a time when I felt that the devs listened to the feedback from their users more and fixed bugs I did to get unattached units but when things like the happiness quest went years without being fixed and there were so many events back to back I stopped.

BarraG

Private
All I know they have put it on hold the new PvP ... I was never gong to play the PvP as there enough to do already ... and the old was good as it was passive as it just added all your battles up .. simple ...

i think the idea is good but needs more development,the log needs improving a lot

the old pvp tower is a waste of space imo,i dont bother with it only prize is a tiny tot amount of medals

KronikPillow

Sergeant
OK so my Grand Idea (the "RPG PvP") got closed, and archived. -- It doesn't matter. I'll think of another Grand Idea.

In fact, I got it now. The new Grand Idea applies to not only PvP but also ALL aspects of the game as well, such as GBG.

And the idea is for the players and it is called "Accept Reality".

PVP is a part of the reality now. And the reality does not change according to people's subjective mind.

What you have to do, is "do with what you have". You deal with whatever hand of cards you are dealt with.

The PVP obviously is here to stay and won't be reverted, why? Because people (I have seen several) have built up the Saint Basil because of the feature, which they did not normally do.

That's all, about the new Grand Idea. It's shorter than the old Grand Idea and everybody likes my new idea (according to reliable other sources).

I guess that blew up in your face, those people who have high SBC and DC had them before the PvP arena, and Inno obviously had to withdraw the feature or they would lose $$ by massive players quitting the game, me among them, Nobody real want's to be part of a community where a development team ignores its players and people who fund them with $$... I understand there are weaklings who will accept reality, but there are also strong people built by principle who will stand up for whats right even if it means completely quitting the game and finding a community where players are respected..

they put 8 months in to this? if this is their result, I think Inno needs to hire some brains who will deliver better results regarding ideas, and I hope Inno will learn that EN is not a testing ground, it's a main server, and your testing phases are destroying our gaming experience, if we wanted to do testing, we would play BETA, its why BETA exists! with 8h reset you destroyed 50% of the guilds treasuries for what? a feature that got withdrawn, most guilds never recovered from it because GBG came right after that which was and is another treasury resource hog with a totally unbalanced system of choosing goods types, what in the world were they thinking disabling AO and Kraken in Arena? It's like huh? a 2 year old would know that there will be tons of negative feedback because of it, the rewards? for top 5? renovation and one up kits? seriously? some players have thousands, I don't get it...

Do I have to mention that Inno has turned a game where you could spend 1h daily and stay competitive in to a game where you need to spend 20h a day grinding to be competitive? Repetitive Events, short periods between events, short periods between GBG seasons, I mean last 2 weeks was heaven for my mind without a event to worry about, and the last 3 days without GBG was actually heaven for the mind of my entire guild as well! many Top players of Greinfetal have quit the game because Inno turned it in to a heavy grind based game, it's like WoW all over again, it's grind grind grind grind grind 0 FUN, grind grind grind and 0 FUN! and MORE GRIND! BOOOORING!

Inno needs better management
end of rant!

Last edited:

Princess.b

Private
Its a shame you are pulling it out.
you had the right idea, but didnt think through the gameplay and were too greedy in its implementation.
started out with 5 fights and buy extra with diamonds.....?!? i mean - realyy ?!?
why so greedy ? yes, you added the medals options after - but you betrayed the main aim of that feature .. diamond purchases..
pity.
of course you need paid, and ofcourse diamond purchase is essential for the business - but that was taking the micky..
the game play is flawed too..
allow 10x more fights before medal purchase, layer the ranking in to age bands to make it more similar to the original PvP towers
im sure i can think of a dozen more improvements in the next 5 minutes... but very little benefit now since you are pulling it out

quelconque

Private
I wouldn't mind seeing a revamped PvP Arena as an ADDITIONAL feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.