• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109721

We're going to be removing some posts that are off topic or personally insulting. I get people are not happy about this and you're welcome to vent - within the rules. More productive would be to start suggesting things that you would like to see improved or changes. While it is not in my power to make those improvements or changes, I will be making sure everything gets passed along .
I've been doing that a "thousand times" on the beta forum ! I gave suggestions (and Dudettas said she brings all our suggesions to the devs) as many as I could imagine, but I do not know if the devs DID something with all the suggestions or not ?
Did they really discuss those suggestions? Think / Brainstorm about it ? NO WORD about that, not from any forum moderator, not from one of the developers team ... , nothing !
So I still have a strong feeling all my TIME I spend on thinking about new ideas (improvements or whatever you can call them) are written on a BLACK WALL, giving me only a black pencil to write my ideas with ....
I get really sick about all this !! I know it's just a "game" (real life is way more important), ... but heey ... FoE excist and players want a fun STRATEGY game to play ... the current state of the PvP Arena has not much to do with STRATEGY (my opinion) .....
Implementing the given suggestions (on beta, not on EN life server !!) can DO make a huge difference between happy or unhappy players ....

Jouchka

Private
Oh I see the feature targets to burn medals and units; and transform them in battlepoints and some peanut-rewards.
But because thet pvp battleranking is omitted, you have totally no view anymore on the battlepoints involved.
Or are also the battlepoints now gone???

DeletedUser109721

No, you still get battlepoints ... seriously, you still get them (all calculated in the background of the game) .......
..... but they're typed in the same color as the background color .... very smart, no ? :)

Hungry Hippy

Private
I routinely led my hood in PvP battle points and would chat with other competitors when it was a tight race for top spot. It gave a sense of community in the hood and became the catylist for several friendships and rivalrys in the game.
The new PvP format has replaced that neighborhood race with an anonymous competition that has more to do with a willingness to buy extra attempts than it does with dedication to the fighting element of FoE. This seems to be a huge step backwards. Inno has made a few excellent changes to the game recently, but this one falls flat for me, go back to the drawing board and find a fun and meaningful way for players to compete directly within their neighbourhood instead.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Seems like they could have just kept the PvP towers and mixed up the hoods with all ages again, think they are going around full circle, but taking away medals from everyone except the top 100, but the 6000 top medal reward is probably a small percent of what the player would of spent, and all of SAAB have the biggest advantage in the PvP, hopefully they draw up the conclusion it has to be fair for everyone so a league system could be brought in, maybe 2 ages per league and It might encourage players to seek out advance units and play a different strategy

Forwandert

Major-General
Real PvP would be fun. Not PvAI.
Is it really that difficult to create?

Theres several Innoganes games with real pvp but they do end up 24/7 games due to time zones etc so they are there if you dont mind being woken up at 4am to defend/attack with app alerts. Or you can ignore the 4am attacks and they kill all your troops (they actually need rebuilding) and take your cities.

Al Beback

Private
I gave it up in the 2nd week on Beta and here I haven't touched it, many of my friends that don't use Beta have given it a go but most have already removed their da's with similar comments "it's a waste of time"
Thing is the mysterious feedback spoken about in the Beta forums that makes it successful I believe and others have pointed out that it's probably spending diamonds, but as it seems to be more beneficial for SaaB players I think they are missing the point, many of the high end Saab players with level 100+ Arc's have millions of medals to just blow as they please, plus they usually have level 80-90-100+ CF's doing recurring quests plus diamond farms, so they are not going to be pulling out their wallets every week to buy a hundred bucks of diamonds, they are using what the get for free to dominate a badly designed feature and get more free stuff to sell in the dealer lol... yep the diamond spend may be up but they won't be getting the $

Forwandert

Major-General
Was going to give it at least the first round but tbh its completely pointless and I can find enough things to do to waste my day with the game already, dont need additional pointless things to do.

20200901_170653.jpg

Whole thing is unbalanced, no idea why I would need to fight lower era players.

Very limited information on the battles and next to no info on defences.

No hard options since the start yet against players with 2500 def. So assuming that's set from era ranges not actual difficulty.

Only way to compete is diamonds or using huge amounts of medals which isnt sustainable. Completely aimed as a weekly cash cow.

It's not enjoyable and doesnt add anything to the game, so another mismatched junk building added to the top of the screen.

Just want to repeat and report a small technical issue, that was posted here yesterday, so it can be forwarded and fixed asap.
Maybe it should be posted as a bug or in a message to support.

After the PvP towers have been removed, the Event History window is not centered on the screen. Compare it with the Great Buildings window, that IS centered.

Last edited:

ChevyDiesel

Private
The new PvP Arena Feature will release on EN on Monday, August 31st. Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!
I've seen some bad ideas in the past from foe but PvP Arena tops them all. Where do I start? The new PvP Arena is nothing more than a competition on who will spend the most diamonds. Top players will dominate this Arena because many take this game way too serious making it their entire life. Some spend a lot of money buying diamonds just look at top player cities you can tell who buys diamonds. The pvp tournament was better and more fair.

ChevyDiesel

Private
they are not going to be pulling out their wallets every week to buy a hundred bucks of diamonds, they are using what the get for free to dominate a badly designed feature and get more free stuff to sell in the dealer lol... yep the diamond spend may be up but they won't be getting the $
Some players are shut in's this game is their entire life they spend, spend, spend, time & money. I know a player who spent almost $1,000. for diamonds. He advanced very fast.

Ev4ma

Captain
Was going to give it at least the first round but tbh its completely pointless and I can find enough things to do to waste my day with the game already, dont need additional pointless things to do.

View attachment 21831

Whole thing is unbalanced, no idea why I would need to fight lower era players.

Very limited information on the battles and next to no info on defences.

No hard options since the start yet against players with 2500 def. So assuming that's set from era ranges not actual difficulty.

Only way to compete is diamonds or using huge amounts of medals which isnt sustainable. Completely aimed as a weekly cash cow.

It's not enjoyable and doesnt add anything to the game, so another mismatched junk building added to the top of the screen.
:D Yay less competition for me!!!

Powe

Brigadier-General
Seems not - since I get the newsletters and read the announcements. Plus we have been asking for a detailed explanation to which we are told it is not public knowledge. So maybe you could provide a link that does explain it properly? Still a rubbish and poorly conceived feature though ;)
Then you need to look more closely.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
1. You cant see Battle points anymore after any fights, so where to see, how many points are worth some combat? Will be Inno removing Global Players Ranking and GvG and this was one of the step to it? Have guts to step out and tell us the truth.

2. PvP can be exploited. Other players can lose fights intentionally, so you get +50points from them......its abusive, and for what i know, Inno not allowe that feautures in this game.

3. This PvP was created for 1% of players who spend diamonds on long turn (after all medals will be spent) or?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Its simple, just ignore its existence. I'm a high enough age to place top 500 while being literally as AFK as possible. Means tiny rewards but at least its something right? :P

I put an army on defence then left it and will leave it over the week. Don't care about it its easily one of the WORST features Inno has ever given us. Its a feature that only exists for top age players. Its pointless to do it unless you are the top age.

Its such an experiment in making people spend diamonds, especially on a new server, now diamond spenders who spend thousands on the game can have their names number 1 in both ranking, GVG and FAKE "pvp"

Status
Not open for further replies.