• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thunderdome from Beta does the medal cost of extra attempts reset each week (like GE) or does it just continue to increase as time goes by (like buying fp)?
It reset each week
Thanks 1CCX for helping Cursedveggie out.

Two things I am hoping for in order to return to testing it: 1. Really fair matching (should have done it by neighborhoods just like the old towers) and opponent management (excluding friends/guildmates) where it resets daily so they can be battled daily. 2. Appropriate rewarding for those who put forth their effort in competing. As a PME on beta, it sucks to be rewarded 192 medals (I get anywhere from 6000 to 18000 on each event try that rewards them or about 200 to 300 daily through collecting incidents for example), 180000 gold (I got about 180 million reasons why this is useless), and 1 rogue (my 'traz pumps out about 3 to 5 every 18 hours at its current level along with regular units) a week for staying at 1200.

Other players took a stab at it in suggesting some really good ideas but I guess Inno's answer was to include another server in the fracas and giving them an unfair advantage in the form of points boosting and thinking it would fix the matching issue. Things we asked for they won't do (other than making the cool down 2 hours instead of 4 AND making manual battles possible). Things we don't ask for they often do. I guess you've just figured out what was done. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuthwolf

Captain
You're probably getting the same players I'm getting as I had that one this am and was classed as medium 100pts, Are you getting any hard 200+ point players? Some in our guild are getting them but seems not everyone.

So some will have to do twice as many battles for the same points on the leaderboard. Doesnt sound too bad but when you have a limited amount daily there is no option to catch up.
I have only seen 100 or 50 point options. I am only on 30k points so maybe I need more and a 'promotion'

Forwandert

Major-General
I have only seen 100 or 50 point options. I am only on 30k points so maybe I need more and a 'promotion'

I used a few medals yesterday which got me a little higher but its borderline worth using those so definately doesnt require any actual spend.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I am a beta tester, but as Inno seems to need even more evidence that this feature is rubbish I have tried it out on live too.

My last 11 battles have been against the No1 player in the arena. I auto'd every battle and won them easily.

View attachment 21829

My conclusions:

Most players will get far more rewards from a few GbG fights than wasting time and resources on the arena.

Weak players are just cannon fodder and have had any chance of achieving anything removed along with the towers. They are the players I feel most sorry for.

For strong players there is no challenge at all, and even fighting hard opponents gets you nowhere unless you are prepared to spend big.

I will be deleting my defending army and ignoring this nonsense. I suggest everyone else does the same.

That is true!!

I gather that the attackers always win; and the defenders always lose. That might be problematic! Because a defender in the PvP tower whe lose a battle also lose ranking points then that sucks!

"Attackers always win and defenders always lose" is only based on my hear-say, however, and I can provide no hard evidence. But somewhere somebody said no matter how many ritual flames you built, how high your defence bonus, your city can always be breached! Therefore the hope to win while defending must be very thin.

However, dare I ask, what era are you in? SAAB?

And your attacking bonus is over 1k. Of course you can win every opponent! For lower and medium era players, however, winning over advanced ages is more thrilling! And without the PvP tower, there is not much chance to do that! You can clear the map and that is about it.

Below is victory over two ages ahead my own, without a scrath:

2020-09-01 18_43_17-Window.png

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Other players took a stab at it in suggesting some really good ideas but I guess Inno's answer was to include another server in the fracas and giving them an unfair advantage in the form of points boosting and thinking it would fix the matching issue. Things we asked for they won't do (other than making the cool down 2 hours instead of 4 AND making manual battles possible). Things we don't ask for they often do. I guess you've just figured out what was done. LOL.

How can a server get an unfair advantage? Are they compared to other servers?

Manual battle was made possible on beta early on.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
However, dare I ask, what era are you in? SAAB?

Yes I'm in SAAB on my main world, but I'm testing it on 2 other worlds where I'm weaker, and it is just as awful there too.

Well done for your fight though - not many players could do that - pity the arena doesn't reward you much for that - not without spending!

Knight of ICE

An unfair advantage in starting points during testing - something the beta server didn't get.

Everybody on the server gets the same. Nothing unfair there and since beta is a testing server you can expect these kind of things. That does not make it unfair. They learn from testing.

Dromadoon

Private
The new PvP Arena Feature will release on EN on Monday, August 31st. Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!
I started to play the PvP game, got the same player in my list 5 Times. I am extremely unhappy about this new feature. BRING BACK THE TOWERS!! They at least gave you a goal and maybe an achievement, You got to see how you were doing in all towers. This is just a lame and shadow of its former self. By all means keep the feature as an extra. But.... BRING BACK THE TOWERS!! I have played FOE for 5 Years. I have watched it evolve, some good, some bad, and now just stupid. I can tell you, Unless the towers are returned, it is just another boring unimaginative browser game, and I for one will leave. I know of many MANY other players who feel the same.

Taffy540

Private
I can only win the "easy" category fights for 50 points a time. The mismatch system is c.r.a.p the randomness of who you fight is c.r.a.p Im screaming here as ive spent 4 years happy then this s.h.i.t steals the joy from the game.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Everybody on the server gets the same. Nothing unfair there and since beta is a testing server you can expect these kind of things. That does not make it unfair. They learn from testing.

It's not unfair to the server, it's unfair to the beta testers whose opinions are devalued by putting the test on live and altering the parameters.

Unfortunately Inno doesn't seem to want to learn from testing on the beta server, so as a beta tester myself I feel that I have been unfairly treated in that I am having to do testing all over again - just because Inno won't listen.

I am more angry that Inno are treating me with contempt than I am about the arena.

1CCX

Private
Thanks 1CCX for helping Cursedveggie out. I had since left that rubbish at around week 4 or 5 after the devs left us high and dry in not providing an answer to our questions as well as having a moderator/community manager disappearing at days (sometimes weeks) at a time (hope yours doesn't do that).
I left the pvp arena just yesterday morning and I started again after 1 hour to see the progress of things to leave again and it has happened the same thing here: at begin players with 1/4 higher ages than possessing mg team in InA... the others things
the first 7 attempts with hard opponent were PMA,CE and AF(I have mg team in InA and isn't a problem unless with AF guy)
Now I have this opponents https://prnt.sc/u904y5
seriously?medium difficulty is EMA??and easy is an OF?
next opponents:same situation https://prnt.sc/u908uw
next opponents: https://prnt.sc/u90a7q
after 2 rounds I have impossible opponents https://prnt.sc/u90cbq but the OF player had 1 rogue https://prnt.sc/u90d2z
my higher positions possessing PMA units in InA was 603,and I was tired of staying in that position for 3 weeks...

Knight of ICE

It's not unfair to the server, it's unfair to the beta testers whose opinions are devalued by putting the test on live and altering the parameters.

Unfortunately Inno doesn't seem to want to learn from testing on the beta server, so as a beta tester myself I feel that I have been unfairly treated in that I am having to do testing all over again - just because Inno won't listen.

I do not agree with you. It is beta. You know where you signed up for. If you feel you have to start testing all over again it means you are testing for yourself, just so you will have an advantage when a feature goes live. Nothing wrong with it, most do it for that reason, but it does not mean it has to be the same when it goes live.

Shaun1209

Private
well lucky you, for 8 years the pvp towers have been a feature in the game and at the start of the game they were the only rewards on offer, to be the champion in the pvp tower was an honour and a great attchivement for fighters, to beat all the other players in your hood in the pvp was a great way to end the week, what a buzz it used to give players, you could see them posting up there excitement at even coming 2nd or 3rd, what has gone so badly wrong that this simple feature has had to be removed ? greed i guess, players just want huge prizes, instead of boasting there rank in the pvp they now boast about how many diamonds they won or whatever, they should now rename this game BINGO, not forge or empires and there is certainly no skill left anymore as the brain dead just want to click away at getting goodies. well its a sad day today to see the pvp go, after all these years, i wonder who remembers winning there first ever bronze era tower ?
Well said

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I do not agree with you. It is beta. You know where you signed up for. If you feel you have to start testing all over again it means you are testing for yourself, just so you will have an advantage when a feature goes live. Nothing wrong with it, most do it for that reason, but it does not mean it has to be the same when it goes live.

Quite clearly I am not testing for myself. I do not want an advantage because I will not be playing this feature once it "goes live".

You can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that some of us do testing to make this a better game. If you got involved in beta testing (and now live testing) you would realise that.

How can a server get an unfair advantage? Are they compared to other servers?

Manual battle was made possible on beta early on.
Didn't I read posts (on this feedback thread) that others on this server said they got anywhere from 12k to 24k points dependent on their age to fix this supposed matching problem?

All it takes is someone to fight once and mount a solid defense to get their way to the top (besides spending diamonds/medals to get there) and keep rank each week while losing only 10% of the point total. The defense bonus points will rack up, especially for those who are selected to be in the 200 block and that person loses the battle with them.

Manual battle was made possible in the 3rd week and AFTER a lot of players stated they lost a lot of units doing auto when they can do it in manual and minimize such losses.

I hope you are right. I don't want to be among others in saying "told you so" if it goes south.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I was only experimenting with "the first-ever positive feedback in the thread" (in other words trolling) and woah! the shock wave sent me flying...

The lesson is, don't ever go against prevalent public opinion...

I revise my input -- yes, the feature is BAD. 8-)

A few curious questions came across my mind that I want to ask the EN community about:
How are you matched? Are you matched within your respective worlds? Or you matched across worlds?​

The beta server is just one world, one server.

Sorry for being so negative but the new feature is a total mess. The ranking system is totally opaque, who knows how it works? No one. Why are some people fighting for 200 points and others for 100? No idea. Mixed era fighting is a nonsense, the cost of extra fights is prohibitive in terms of diamonds and also in terms of medals. Why is being at the top of the PvP tower an achievement at all? Even the rewards are pointless. The previous PvP towers were at least informative in terms of reflecting the number of fights and were a way to earn medals. All you really needed to do was to allow us to fight everyone in our era and then give rankings - instead we have this thing. Please reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.