• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Why are some people getting a 200 pts option for one of the three opponents for pvp? I'm on 2x100 and 1x50 constantly.

Didnt even know there was 200 pts opponents haven't seen any once until I saw the screen grab above. How is this going to be balanced if some players are gaining double the points of others?

Also the top two players on the list are actual players from the server. I recognise all the names so they arent NPCs.

20200901_083837.jpg
20200901_083819.jpg
Screenshot_20200901-084937_Forge of Empires.jpg

Last edited:

Cuthwolf

Captain
It doesn't bother me. I am an active player who fights a lot and I would often win the top tower but I am ranked in the 30s in this. If players are willing to throw diamonds at it for a high ranking - so what? I am neither forced nor motivated to do so.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
one of the guys in our guild had millions of medals laying around, he doesn't have now,

so again even if you are not spending diamonds long time players have such an advantage, not that that in itself is a bad thing but for this where everyone is lumped together someone playing the game for a year and in HMA no chance

Merihim

Private
Can anyone explain the logic, the players of the lower eras start with fewer points?
Even with a loss of 10% per week, I don't see the point.
If a player from ЕМА and SAAB make 100 battles and win all, they will equalize after 40 weeks / 9-10 months /.
Simple bills with calculator

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Why does my hard opponent have much lower stats than my medium opponent? (Both SAAB) that can't be right

This is due to the way they designed matchmaking, its 100% based entirely on your pvp score. No other factor is included. So you end up with easier hard fights because that person has more score then the other one as they have done more tower. Even though they are the same age and have vastly different boosts. Its the fundamental problem of the entire tower.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i wonder how many others started there ge today and found they dont need to pick troops anymore from different eras, trying to put points into the lower era pvp towers ? i used to do the first 2 levels with lower era troops as i could beat the ce with lower age troops and try to win the lower era towers just another example of how this game has now changed over night, i did my 64 fight using the one age troops only as its pointless to do anything else, sa,
Anybody want to look at my "easy" opponent? :? :? :?
no

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
and another thing I need to get off my chest, opened GE went down to modern with my troops for the 1st fight and thought what the heck is the point, no towers 1 usually fight through the 1st 2 levels using troops from previous era's I am in CE, its part of the fun, but no more
i did the same thing today when i opened my ge, i am so used to working out which low level troop i should use to direct the points into a lower pvp tower, all this side of the strategy for fighters has been robbed from them, now all i had to do was use my strongest troop and march through the ge on auto up to my 64 fights, it felt so different as i had to manual some fights playing the old way to make sure i could win with lower level troops, its just so wrong that over night this side of the game has just been wiped out

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It doesn't bother me. I am an active player who fights a lot and I would often win the top tower but I am ranked in the 30s in this. If players are willing to throw diamonds at it for a high ranking - so what? I am neither forced nor motivated to do so.

I don't think hardly anyone is spending dia on this, I'm still in the top 10 on MK and haven't spent a single one just bought some turns with medals, not spending any more this round though but I'll be deactivating it after this round anyway as it's not balanced or even that interesting.

DeletedUser17391

The new PvP system is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They've taken away all the fun from competing in the different eras - which was the best part of the game. Even in SAAB I could still compete in Contemporary era - now there is no such thing. I used to enjoy fighting with troops from previous era to compete - GONE! Battle points for competing in GE? GONE! Battle points for competing on continent map? GONE! AARRGGHHHH!!!! This TERRIBLE. I've been in the game since the start but will be leaving soon. There is no longer the need to keep old troops and enjoy using them - you need only fight with your current era troops - BORING!!!!! Todays fights have been BORING!!! Change it back. Please!

joestalin

Private
good news is so many players are now deleting there defences and pulling out of this new pvp game if enough follow this path then inno will have to do something so let all your guild mates know and maybe just maybe inno will listen to us
Done - If you FoE will not listen to reason, then there is someone who can recommend other games.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
The new feature is great!

I just started playing. And everything looks perfect!

The old era-specific tower system is problemic because the incorporation of the ridiculously large number of GBG fights, into the tower, is ridiculous.

For example, for consecutive weeks, I had 100 times the ranking points that of the No.2 in PMA tower of the hood, which is because I had PME units while in Industrial (and later in ME). Therefore the points were meaningless. I seldom looked at the towers, except for a peek of the ranking in the battle victory popup. I think GBG should be for GBG alone and independently, and should not have accumulation of tower points as a secondary or side effect. So, the removal of the towers and differentiation between GBG fights and PvP fights so far, are suitable.

Merits of the feature also include: more incentive for players to move up the tech tree, as currently there is relatively more incentive for era-camping.

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I am a beta tester, but as Inno seems to need even more evidence that this feature is rubbish I have tried it out on live too.

My last 11 battles have been against the No1 player in the arena. I auto'd every battle and won them easily.

arena.jpg

My conclusions:

Most players will get far more rewards from a few GbG fights than wasting time and resources on the arena.

Weak players are just cannon fodder and have had any chance of achieving anything removed along with the towers. They are the players I feel most sorry for.

For strong players there is no challenge at all, and even fighting hard opponents gets you nowhere unless you are prepared to spend big.

I will be deleting my defending army and ignoring this nonsense. I suggest everyone else does the same.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I have a few that I find 'hard'. I cannot currently see the toughest but this one is strong -
View attachment 21827

You're probably getting the same players I'm getting as I had that one this am and was classed as medium 100pts, Are you getting any hard 200+ point players? Some in our guild are getting them but seems not everyone.

So some will have to do twice as many battles for the same points on the leaderboard. Doesnt sound too bad but when you have a limited amount daily there is no option to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.