• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Why do they call this replacement of the Tournament Towers?! This is PvP , that was everything without PvP if you didn't wanted to .

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
As long as you know you don't have to fight SAAB in like idk EMA, then it looks fine.

Otherwise bonuses are stupidly pointless if the system is still like it was on beta.

it is an interesting idea but pleaseeee tie your opponents to only be other people the same age or maybe one below/high

In fact this entire feature will be pointless if you have to be the highest age in order to even play it at all. Not just pointless for campers but pointless for new players, pointless for players aging up.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Could someone explain to us how this could possibly be seen as an "improvement" over the existing towers?

To win the tower means having to beat 70 odd players of the same age. To win this load of garbage you have to beat tens of thousands of players of all ages.

The beta feedback was clear; anyone below Space Ages will be cannon fodder.

To win a couple of hundred diamonds in first place, you will have to spend thousands of diamonds.

So come on @Lady Marlena - explain how this is an "improvement".

If I’m not fighting, and others are attacking me and winning, am I going to lose ranking points just for not participating? why would I want to know the att/def of a player I want to beat, seriously? Isn’t half the fun of playing the game not knowing and trying to strengthen your army? Why change what wasn’t broken? Oh, DIAMOND SALES! i Actually spend a lot of money on this game and don’t understand why people expect to play for free, however being able to buy extra attempts To gain rank is just a revenue raiser, and a big mistake on Inno part. inno are changing one of the fundamental challenges in the game And that’s a big mistake imho.

I have a few questions.
- Will there still be the possibility to attack neighbours (and plunder them)? In that case i assume we will have 2 defending armies (one for city, one for arena?)
- What will happen to battle points? As they are no longer counted in the PvP tower, I suppose they will still be counted in ranking points (no of battle point / 50= no of ranking points)? I certainly hope so. There isn't much interest in the game if fighting won't make you progress.
- Can you be attacked all the time? or can you take down your defending army while you're not fighting, so that other players can't attack you?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
why do they have to replace the old pvp ? why get rid of it ? i have spent years playing this game trying to win all the pvp tower each week, i have always been so hungry for points so i can win, i do ge to 64 gvg all eras that i might need for points, gbg 2k or more a season all aimed for me to win those towers each week, take those towers away and my interest in the game will go with it, i will try out this new pvp but it sure doesnt sound like fun to me only 12 fights a day compared to what i am used to and then nerds can simply buy turns and leave figthers standing ? well if it ends up being a total mismatch then i hope all the players will protest and just place in defence spears, i hate it how this game comes up with an idea then forces the end of the old way of playing, they did the same trick when they brough out gvg and nerfed all the attack gbs it killed off hood fighting for a while and forced player into gvg and then all the cheating started with players rigging there own fights for points in gvg, and now the company is doing it again, instead of letting the new game run along side the old and see what happens they just shut the old game down which is not fair for all the years of effort i have put into this game along with others who still try to play the game the old way a big thumbs down from me

Zzzzzzz...

Private
I would urge the devs team to spare a thought for new players:
  • BA was blocked from most fights (no GE, no GBG, no GvG, no old PvP),
  • Fights are restricted badly for IA (old PvP only at the very end, still no GBG)
Only once you reach EMA can you start battling in earnest... by which time your troop regeneration time is 4 h. Why or why are not not encouraging the youngsters to learn fighting with troops that regenerate in 20 s or 1 h???

Of course that's not an issue once you played Forge of ForgePoints long enough to get your Traz and have an inexhaustible supply of troops, but looking at new players very few know how to fight properly.

GreatYarik

Private
It is good that something new being developed but what will happen to PvP towers on the map? As a new player here I really liked them and was on top of them from the start. It was cool to see it when I was progressing in BA and IA, I got 1st place in both in just 2-3 weeks of playing, no diamonds or arcs or many gbs with bonuses. It is nice to see how are you doing compared to neighbors, and neighborhood system is quite reasonable. And it is surely pleasant to get to top spot in something while you progress. I remembered 1st win in BA tower with those few medals was really nice thing which I worked for. And I do like IA, not because of ripping some benefits, I just like the age, units, buildings. Players in IA are already limited with no access to antique dealer. Could you PLEASE leave the towers at place!?

why do they have to replace the old pvp ? why get rid of it ? i have spent years playing this game trying to win all the pvp tower each week, i have always been so hungry for points so i can win, i do ge to 64 gvg all eras that i might need for points, gbg 2k or more a season all aimed for me to win those towers each week, take those towers away and my interest in the game will go with it, i will try out this new pvp but it sure doesnt sound like fun to me only 12 fights a day compared to what i am used to and then nerds can simply buy turns and leave figthers standing ? well if it ends up being a total mismatch then i hope all the players will protest and just place in defence spears, i hate it how this game comes up with an idea then forces the end of the old way of playing, they did the same trick when they brough out gvg and nerfed all the attack gbs it killed off hood fighting for a while and forced player into gvg and then all the cheating started with players rigging there own fights for points in gvg, and now the company is doing it again, instead of letting the new game run along side the old and see what happens they just shut the old game down which is not fair for all the years of effort i have put into this game along with others who still try to play the game the old way a big thumbs down from me
You'll still get fight points from GE, GBG, GvG, hood battles etc, they just don't count in pvp.

How is this supposed to be a real competition if the combat points don't reset every week? New players or players in lower ages will never have a chance to catch up in the rankings to players who are currently in SAAB and SAM and get to play this feature from the beginning. In my opinion, the combat points should completely reset every week to allow for a real competition (assuming the match making system actually works), in the same way as the PVP towers reset every week after awarding the rewards (if any).

Deleted member 109369

So a quick question

* have they fixed the matching system so that the same player doesn't always come up to be attacked, so that ALL players of any era aren't matched up (so EMA players can only fight against Tomorrow - SAAB players?)

Because based on everything NOT announced here which is rarely reflective of the way a new feature is actually run/works I can't believe I'm about to say this but it would be the ONLY feature of the game I won't be taking part in and that is saying a lot coming from someone who enjoys fighting out of protest for the lower era players who won't stand a chance and they are the ones who need the medals vs those of us who have been playing for years. I'm very disappointed to hear that they went ahead and released this feature live.
We are working on an FAQ to attach to the announcement as there is only so much room . Changes that were made on beta include

Changes on Beta, introduced diamond attempts, introduced medal attempts (today) added the attempts reward chest in addition to these changes

The rewards have been updated as follows:
Increased medals Bonus reward chest - Increase in Forge Points awarded Units chest is now called 'Rogue Chest' - a chance to win one of an attack boost medium, defender boost medium, rogue hideout, a number of rogues, and a one-up kit Reward chest adjustment to a random chance of: Wishing well, a Shrine of knowledge, Renovation kit, goods, diamonds

Reduced time between attempts from 4 to 2 hours

Deleted member 109369

Theres a list on the beta forum announcement page. Not posting it as they may not be accurate for here as they sometimes change things without word.

Officially there was never a list posted on beta though an outside source such as the fan wiki might have. However we can't guarantee the accuracy of those posts

Deleted member 109369

will u act upon the feedback Lady Marlena? I hav been struggling to get an answer re these changes....regards, Heroic Name

it is being run on EN for a month as this is a larger server than Beta so we can gather a wider amount of feedback. i will be forwarding all feedback though it is not up to me to be able to change anything of course

Status
Not open for further replies.