• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently top in 4 different towers TE,FE,AF,OF ive been in TE about 6 weeks, wealth will always win in this game be it GbG or PvP and GvG not everyone who camps in certain ages takes part in battles they just enjoy the age they are in. Considering you are a self confessed noob you certainly got a biased view about how people choose to play FoE

I see no need for attacks on my character. Please re-read the Forum rules.

Because based on everything NOT announced here which is rarely reflective of the way a new feature is actually run/works I can't believe I'm about to say this but it would be the ONLY feature of the game I won't be taking part in and that is saying a lot coming from someone who enjoys fighting out of protest for the lower era players who won't stand a chance and they are the ones who need the medals vs those of us who have been playing for years. I'm very disappointed to hear that they went ahead and released this feature live.

This is the problem currently with PvP, people who have camped in a low age for years, built an Arc and every other Great Building to a high level, have attack and defence bonuses of perhaps 200% (and more) and are matched against someone who has been playing for days or weeks! Not a very level playing field, a bit like matching Manchester United with a local Sunday League pub team!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This is the problem currently with PvP, people who have camped in a low age for years, built an Arc and every other Great Building to a high level, have attack and defence bonuses of perhaps 200% (and more) and are matched against someone who has been playing for days or weeks! Not a very level playing field, a bit like matching Manchester United with a local Sunday League pub team!
...and it used to be even WORSE back in the day, when 'hoods were EVERYONE, from brand new Bronze Age cities to Future/Artic Future eras, and yes, they would plunder you daily just for the hell of it. (...oh, and to make your life even more miserable, there was NO 'enable PvP' feature to at least prevent Modern/Future era cities praying on BA/IA cities that hadn't yet researched the Military Tactics tech either.:P)
And again yes, this new PvP feature is a giant dumpster fire, where you WILL end up with EMA - Colonial cities being forced to fight nothing but Space Age opponents, while getting your face beaten in by those same Future era - SAAB players.

There is nothing more 'PvP' about this than there currently is in the regular old neighborhood fights... the only players who will have any remote chance of cracking the top 500 are near end game/end game players, while even those filthy, evil-hearted, bullying "campers" who (obviously) have either Visagoth'ed or *cough*cheated*cough* their way to 10-12+ Lv40+ GB's will get their faces beaten in no matter what they try and do.

Just ignore this new feature honestly...
The beta feedback is almost 90 pages now of the player base screaming at the devs about how utterly borked the match-making system still is, and they don't seem to care one flying fart about it.
It's a new feature aimed only at end game players. No one else need apply, unless you enjoy losing - ALOT!

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Put the time in and you can also have what you have not got at present, dont moan because someone spent a few years reinforcing their city regardless of the age they are in.

r21r

Major-General
The beta feedback is almost 90 pages now of the player base screaming at the devs about how utterly borked the match-making system still is, and they don't seem to care one flying fart about it.
It's a new feature aimed only at end game players. No one else need apply, unless you enjoy losing - ALOT!
thank god i'm in Iron !!

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Why would you get less CP for Helena who is more difficult opponent than Playerone?

Attachments

• 667CA504-0F61-45A5-B1C6-D7D582976B6A.jpeg
    667CA504-0F61-45A5-B1C6-D7D582976B6A.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 172
Why would you get less CP for Helena who is more difficult opponent than Playerone?
Don't know why, but they've marked Helena as a 1-star easy opponent, though she's in a higher era with a higher att/def boost. Maybe it's because of her def army. Could be she only has a 2-spears defense.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
Just ignore this new feature honestly...

It's pretty strange, there is 90 pages on beta, mostly negative feedback but a decision seems to have been made on feedback from elsewhere which was positive and beta feedback dismissed. So not entirely sure where the strong well received feedback came from but it must have been from a huge group of players somewhere to ignore all the beta testers.

It's pretty strange, there is 90 pages on beta, mostly negative feedback but a decision seems to have been made on feedback from elsewhere which was positive and beta feedback dismissed. So not entirely sure where the strong well received feedback came from but it must have been from a huge group of players somewhere to ignore all the beta testers.
Well, the positive feedback certainly didn't come from this forum the first time they announced it here.

Forwandert

Major-General
As it goes hardly ever looked at the pvp league so removing it makes no difference to me at all. Don't think I'll do much with this PvP apart from see who I can beat more out of curiosity than anything, but it's just going to end up another building in that top cluster of buildings I pay no attention too in no time I imagine.

r21r

Major-General
Reward will be given up to 1000 or 5000 players ?
it's ok, we might not pay 5.000 Diamonds to get in the Top 3, (to get a chance to win 200 :'D) but at least we will make something :P

As it goes hardly ever looked at the pvp league so removing it makes no difference to me at all. Don't think I'll do much with this PvP apart from see who I can beat more out of curiosity than anything, but it's just going to end up another building in that top cluster of buildings I pay no attention too in no time I imagine.
Same. Never look at the pvp leagues. Don't need the medals and don't care much about the useless rank points.

Status
Not open for further replies.