• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content PvP Adjustments

DeletedUser111897

A long post... fruitless tho... the change has been made, you really don't get smashed all over the place in the Iron Age, be brave... time to move up an era or accept you can no longer camp in such an early era and also beat up all the brand new players as well.

Just let he say what he wants, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

DeletedUser109052

Every Era has its own mood, based upon the style you play, and what you build. I loe Bronze Age, its easy and cruisy. I wish Inno would stop making this concrete in the way of trying to force people to go up Era's when they don't want to. They do this by locking us out of things which used to be good. Is it always about "Money" Inno?

Well, I have a main world where I am almost into the future. But since I have a fascination with early man settlments (Stone age tribs etc) I have a novelty world in the Bronze age (Since thats earliest you can get when inno stops holding your hand, but no that fun is ruined as inno try even more to force players into iron age.) I'd have adored an actual stone age village with that awesome town centre on the rocks.

P.s Inno, since i wont ever leave the bronze age with this village I cant see how i'll get the required tech to PvP again >.>

DeletedUser109966

Well, I have a main world where I am almost into the future. But since I have a fascination with early man settlments (Stone age tribs etc) I have a novelty world in the Bronze age (Since thats earliest you can get when inno stops holding your hand, but no that fun is ruined as inno try even more to force players into iron age.) I'd have adored an actual stone age village with that awesome town centre on the rocks.

P.s Inno, since i wont ever leave the bronze age with this village I cant see how i'll get the required tech to PvP again >.>

But you can still play that novelty Bronze Age world... what you can't do now is pile every fp from the word go into GB's and have an overpowered Bronze Age city and use it to attack and plunder new players, which makes a lot of sense as you only need a couple of players to use the same approach and you'll stifle all the brand new players before they even get going... and it doesn't take an Einstein to see would lead to drastic decrease in new player retention... not a good thing for the life of this game.

The choice is play that city as a peaceful farming city or if you really must fight other players, move up to the Iron Age at least... trouble is, you might meet a lot more players who probably had the era camping idea before you and might do to you what you have been doing (or want to do) to the new starters...

Look at the positive side to the change... if you're a farming type of player, you now have your dream scenario... A safe haven in the game... and if you enjoy attacking other players (which I do sometimes), you have the whole of the rest of the game open to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109052

But you can still play that novelty Bronze Age world... what you can't do now is pile every fp from the word go into GB's and have an overpowered Bronze Age city and use it to attack and plunder new players, which makes a lot of sense as you only need a couple of players to use the same approach and you'll stifle all the brand new players before they even get going... and it doesn't take an Einstein to see would lead to drastic decrease in new player retention... not a good thing for the life of this game.

The choice is play that city as a peaceful farming city or if you really must fight other players, move up to the Iron Age at least... trouble is, you might meet a lot more players who probably had the era camping idea before you and might do to you what you have been doing (or want to do) to the new starters...

Look at the positive side to the change... if you a farming type of player... you now have your dream scenario... I safe haven in the game... if you enjoy attacking other players (which I do sometimes), you have the whole of the rest of the game open to you.

Well arent you the little SJW xD
You are aware you can construct GBs until you reaserch architecture in the IA? So how can I do what you said in the BA. Derp. Learn the facts first.

A better idea would be to disable plundering only. And further to teach new players the values of defending would help them alot more than delaying their PvP experiance completely just so someone else can do it later?

Like some say, all you are doing is forcing them to use more time costly troops to practice with, instead of the cheaper BA units.

DeletedUser109966

You are aware you can construct GBs until you reaserch architecture in the IA? So how can I do what you said in the BA. Derp. Learn the facts first.

A better idea would be to disable plundering only. And further to teach new players the values of defending would help them alot more than delaying their PvP experiance completely just so someone else can do it later?

Like some say, all you are doing is forcing them to use more time costly troops to practice with, instead of the cheaper BA units.

Are you trying to say there you can't have GBs in the Bronze Age ??... I think you'll find you can.

If you read back a couple of posts, you'll see that I thought disabling of plundering was the better option as well.

Instead of you getting all snotty, let me ask you a question... if you think you can't have GB's and you are never planning to move out of the Bronze Age... what exactly are you doing with all those fps ???

DeletedUser109052

Are you trying to say there you can't have GBs in the Bronze Age ??... I think you'll find you can.

If you read back a couple of posts, you'll see that I thought disabling of plundering was the better option as well.

Instead of you getting all snotty, let me ask you a question... if you think you can't have GB's and you are never planning to move out of the Bronze Age... what exactly are you doing with all those fps ???

I know you unlock 2 in the BA, but that GB button is locked until i reach IA and get the tech i mentioned.

My pool reaches 10 Fps and i leave it there. Never getting any more Fps.
I liked the primitive simplicity of the BA era, few huts, no stupid buffs, couple slingers and spears, cheap, cheerful and fun. Makes a huge change from my main village with tanks, ICBMs, enemy having +300% attack and defence bonuses and crap.

DeletedUser111589

I know you unlock 2 in the BA, but that GB button is locked until i reach IA and get the tech i mentioned.

I liked the primitive simplicity of the BA era, few huts, no stupid buffs, couple slingers and spears, cheap, cheerful and fun. Makes a huge change from my main village with tanks, ICBMs, enemy having +300% attack and defence bonuses and crap.

Click on build button, go to GB part (after expansions) and select GB for which you have full set of BP.

DeletedUser96901

build your own GB
then you can donate your FP without that iron age technology

because that is only for donating to GB of other people

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser99692

build your own GB
then you can donate your FP without that iron age technology

because that is only for donating to GB of other people

:rolleyes:

This is quite true you can build any age Great Buildings in BA and put your own Fps into them. If you can get the goods for them.

Amy Steele

General
Dear all, please be aware that certain posts in this thread have been removed or edited. We realise that feelings are running high about this change to the game, but please remember our rules require that you
Treat each other with respect and remain polite.
and that
Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum

Please bear these rules in mind from this point forward in this (and any other) thread in this forum, thank you

DeletedUser110687

Here's another point about deleting Attack & Plunder:
There's really no point of having a Bronze Age PvP Tower either, because only a few will acrually be on it every week, and maybe none at all. Some people don't even do the Continent Map for weeks ...

DeletedUser110195

Continent map isn't the only way to get points for that tower, people compete on that tower well above bronze age, and how? By attacking their higher age neighbors with a bronze age unit and a pack of rogues. Up to late middle it's easy to manage to win with rogues, even if they turn into some crappy bronze age thing. All the real one or turned ones have to do is hit something once and the rogues can one shot it.

DeletedUser110687

Continent map isn't the only way to get points for that tower, people compete on that tower well above bronze age, and how? By attacking their higher age neighbors with a bronze age unit and a pack of rogues. Up to late middle it's easy to manage to win with rogues, even if they turn into some crappy bronze age thing. All the real one or turned ones have to do is hit something once and the rogues can one shot it.
I think you missed the point I was saying. Besides, how many BA Players have Rogue Hideouts? My point is there will be very few who actually do the Weekly Tournament, via the Continent Map on BA. Like I have been saying throughout the forum on this topic, some people enjoy playing on BA and loved it how it was. Why change something when it worked fine?

Also, if anyone did press to do anything on the Continent Map at the least, it may be for conquering Dunarsund to activate the Recurring Quests and that's all.

The Recurring Quests, which can be aborted, appear on the left side of your screen, after you complete 10th Story Quest, "Go Get Dunarsund" (Bronze Age Continent Map). The quest asks you: Acquire Dunarsund - (Reward: 1 Stone Thrower)

DeletedUser110195

I'm not arguing that this change isn't silly, but you missed my point. People above bronze age will be who's competing for the bronze tower, in fact early middle is probably going to now be the de facto minimum age for competing in tournament towers, just because you can be sure everyone in your 'hood can be attacked.

DeletedUser110687

I'm not arguing that this change isn't silly, but you missed my point. People above bronze age will be who's competing for the bronze tower, in fact early middle is probably going to now be the de facto minimum age for competing in tournament towers, just because you can be sure everyone in your 'hood can be attacked.
If I'm correct, I don't think you can hit the lower PvP Towers unless you use that Era of Troops, just like in GvG.

DeletedUser110195

You can't, and that's exactly how people do it, bronze age unit and rogues vs anything up to late middle, from my personal experience...I stopped bothering with it once I hit colonial, 10 medals just isn't worth it when expansions start costing upwards of 4k medals.

DeletedUser110687

I had previously mentioned this, but I'm not sure if it was a part of MY DELETED POST lol. Many people don't aid their friends when they are online, let alone The Guild, and even more so the Hood. What's the point of having another row of people to aid on BA (Without Attack & Plunder) when this is a big issue already on all worlds and in most guilds?

Suggestion: If you "Inno" insist on not giving it back to the players, at least give a great incentive of greatly increasing the % Rate of getting Blueprints (BPs). Example: Average 25% or for every 4 people you aid you get a BP?

DeletedUser110687

You can't, and that's exactly how people do it, bronze age unit and rogues vs anything up to late middle, from my personal experience...I stopped bothering with it once I hit colonial, 10 medals just isn't worth it when expansions start costing upwards of 4k medals.
If you did the bonus quests along the ridge of the mountain, which head back south towards the BA Tower, you get 2 Soldiers from IA and well as 2 Armored Infantry. The only way you could get that far now is if you managed to get Rogue Hideouts like you said. However, it's a rare scenario to see any BA players with a lot of them.

DeletedUser110195

I don't remember getting units from that, if that's what you're talking about. Also not sure what that has to do with my comment. :?

Vesiger

Monarch
1. Why don't just delete all The Bronze Era troops as they are not useful at all actually with current situation. (Perhaps those Bronze Era troops are meant to practice with bots only i.e for conquering the continent only?)

3. So instead of letting the players practicing the game by combating each other you are enforcing a SimCity type of game

1) All combat in this game is against bots.
2) The Guild Expedition is better practice for combat than beating up lower-ranking players, since it offers opponents of increasing difficulty, then resets each week.