• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content PvP Adjustments

DeletedUser111901

I think this a great thing to be implemented. I know I have a few friends that left after the first few days because they were constantly being bullied by players who were 1.7 million xp or higher who were still in the Iron age (or lower). At least this way newer players can get a good foothold in the game and build some knowledge before they face pvp

DeletedUser110797

My new Iron Age Arvahall neighbourhood of 72 players arrived yesterday care of the 'spies' and 51 of them are 'players who have not unlocked PVP fights yet'. What a total crock! It's not even worth the effort fighting (or plundering for that matter) for the next two weeks. Someone got this terribly, terribly wrong. A case of fixing something which isn't broken. Ugh!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111897

Hey guys,

Today we'll introduce some small changes to PvP to help new players adjust to the game before introducing them to it. If you have any questions or want to give any feedback, please do so below. You can find the full announcement and details here.

Thanks

Richard and team

My personal thought of having played this game for only 2 weeks is the new update kill the FUN in the game. I started to get the feel of trying this and that but suddenly the new PVP system came out. I get that the developers wanted to protect new players, but rather than going for what you did currently, why not give them 3 days protection period or if the Developers Team still think it is so necessary to protect the new players and scared that they cannot survive, put all of them as neighbors without any bigger villagers, that situation then would be fair and square for them.

I guess I will play another SimCity game on the market.

DeletedUser110797

On Monday I completed PVP action throughout my Jaims neighbourhood, no problem. I attempted to repeat the procedure again today and I find that 37 players are untouchable because they have not unlocked PVP fights yet.
Thanks INNO, you've taken all the fun out of the game! I can't see me retaining my interest if I'm going to be reduced to just collecting coins, supplies and goods. Why would I construct GBs like Statue of Zeus or Cathedral of Aachen and go about levelling them up if I can't make use of their benefits.
I've enjoyed playing for 6 months or so but now I feel that the game has been taken away from me. I feel quite sad really. Utopia wasn't Forge of Empires after all.

DeletedUser109966

My new Iron Age Arvahall neighbourhood of 72 players arrived yesterday care of the 'spies' and 51 of them are 'players who have not unlocked PVP fights yet'. What a total crock! It's not even worth the effort fighting (or plundering for that matter) for the next two weeks. Someone got this terribly, terribly wrong. A case of fixing something which isn't broken. Ugh!

If PVP is the most important aspect for you then maybe staying in the iron age and hitting all the new players, diamond farms and push accounts is a strategy you'll have to re-think... just move up to the EMA and face the fact you might have to meet a few more developed players... or stay in the Iron Age and milk the recurring quests and accept beating up noobs isn't as easy as it used to be.

Vesiger

Monarch
I've enjoyed playing for 6 months or so but now I feel that the game has been taken away from me. I feel quite sad really. Utopia wasn't Forge of Empires after all.
Maybe Innogames are trying to hint that they don't expect players to spend 6 months in the Iron Age (or more likely it hadn't even occurred to them that some people would try to play the game that way!)

DeletedUser111589

Maybe Innogames are trying to hint that they don't expect players to spend 6 months in the Iron Age (or more likely it hadn't even occurred to them that some people would try to play the game that way!)

Mist likely they couldn't imagine many players would be era campers.

DeletedUser106696

Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback so far. We understand from a transitional point, some people who are impacted by this change wont like it...

Im glad to hear we're also getting some positive feedback, but as always, I'll pass everything on. With that being said, this change won't likely be reversed. The number of players who will notice the difference will fairly quickly diminish.

Thanks

Richard
Utter madness... how does Inno expect folks to learn fighting if all they get are a few measly maps... no PvP and of course no GE for youngsters either. All learning to take place with units healing in 2 or even 4 h or do we expect players to heal / train units with diamonds...

I also resent the attitude "soon folks won't complain as they don't know what they are missing" or put more bluntly "we'll ram any content down your throat if we think we get away with it without the punters complaining too much.

vikingraider

Emperor
I've just tried this out on players with less than 1,000 points in my hood and I still could attack. They must have already researched the required tech even though they have a low score.

The players I attacked yesterday can no longer be attacked so I must have got in before it was switched on. Now only 30/70 can be attacked in my hood.

DeletedUser110687

How on earth can a player complete any Events on BA, "If" they still have techs available, "But" the quest asked: Kill 70 enemies?

This is another reason why the deletion of Attacking & Plundering on BA sux! Why can't you give players/customers the grace to play how they wish, without ruining their joy of playing Inno?

AND !!!

Whats the point of having any Troops at all on Bronze Age when you don't have any enemies to protect your city from? Hmmm dah !

It's a really stupid idea Inno. Please put it back how it was.

DeletedUser110797

If PVP is the most important aspect for you then maybe staying in the iron age and hitting all the new players, diamond farms and push accounts is a strategy you'll have to re-think... just move up to the EMA and face the fact you might have to meet a few more developed players... or stay in the Iron Age and milk the recurring quests and accept beating up noobs isn't as easy as it used to be.

Fair comment citanicus. I never considered myself as someone 'beating up on noobs', I just prefer to do my fighting with swordsmen, archers and catapaults rather than guns and tanks so that is why I parked up in IA. But I'll follow your suggestion and move on to EMA and see how that works out.

The one thing that I find puzzling about this change to PVP is the speed with which INNO has implemented it. It is almost as if they have responded to a catastrophic drop off of new players or something equally as serious. It is very unlike them to do something like this without some sort of prior announcement.

DeletedUser111901

They do need to adjust Daily Quests though, as a couple of friends are unable to complete them because of the "defeat x amount" scenario. Either adjust or make unavailable until EMA

DeletedUser111897

Just my personal thoughts:

1. Why don't just delete all The Bronze Era troops as they are not useful at all actually with current situation. (Perhaps those Bronze Era troops are meant to practice with bots only i.e for conquering the continent only?)
2. When you take the freedom for players to play how they like, it's no longer fun, the beauty of the game was, "Play how you like it" unless you guys are getting less money from your Clients (players) due to current state of the game then I won't argue more on that (of course they want profit).
3. So instead of letting the players practicing the game by combating each other you are enforcing a SimCity type of gameplay before you could go to war.
4. The clever mind wanted to give new players a better environment is a nonsense reason, I started playing this game for 2 weeks, I did my own research, just go to google and type "how to defend on X era" or "what to build on X era" or "the best defend troops on X era". Those key words will direct you to this forum.
5. Your comment on "just let the haters hate, they will swallow it up sooner or later" is an ignorant statement for your Clients (the way I interpret Richard's statement). Such attitude is not good for business.

That's all from me, thank you!

DeletedUser110687

On Monday I completed PVP action throughout my Jaims neighbourhood, no problem. I attempted to repeat the procedure again today and I find that 37 players are untouchable because they have not unlocked PVP fights yet.
Thanks INNO, you've taken all the fun out of the game! I can't see me retaining my interest if I'm going to be reduced to just collecting coins, supplies and goods. Why would I construct GBs like Statue of Zeus or Cathedral of Aachen and go about levelling them up if I can't make use of their benefits.
Good point Patrucio, I totally agree with you

DeletedUser110687

(1) BAD MANAGEMENT: To remove Attack & Plunder from BA for a start is bad enough, but worse than that, is that you did it midway through the current Main Event with less than one day notice, followed by its implementation on the same day. Most people didn't even know what had happened and still don't, when they couldn't battle their Neighbourhood or etc, etc,

(2) DISREGARD: This is totally unfair for those who have not and cannot meet the new requirements and are now totally screwed, because they cannot complete this Main Event. Your total disregard for Players & Customers who pay your salaries, reveal your true colors of how you value money over keeping all players happy. This attitude of "TO BAD SO SAD" is the fastest way to lose people who feel screwed over by gaming companies.

(3) DISCRIMINATION: How on earth can any Players & Customers complete any Events on BA, even "If" they still have techs available, "But" the quest asks them: Kill 70 enemies? Whats the point of building any Barracks or having having any Troops at all on Bronze Age, when you don't have any enemies to protect your city from? Hmmm dah ! It's a really stupid idea Inno. There is only so many Battles you can do on the Continent Map, while choosing to enjoy staying on Bronze Age.

(4) BRONZE AGE (BA): The best part about BA, is preparing your City ahead of time, well before you advance up the Era's. Far too many race through BA up into Iron Age and get smashed all over the place in GE. The beauty of this Game originally, is/was the diversity of the many Game Styles by which you can play. If people leave the game a few days after they make a City, then there are a number of factors why, not just because someone attacks an plunders them.

* They were not serious in the beginning and probably play multiple games all at once.
* Real life issues can play a part of that
* Lack of Pop Up Messages for from INNO for all new players explaining clearly about being Attacked & Plundered
* Lack of Pop Up Messages for from INNO explaining what Great Buildings (GBs) they need to work at to help them become strong.

(5) BLAME THE PLAYERS: Instead of dressing up your bad choices INNO with pretty diagrams and disrespect to those who your changes effect, why don't you own up to your responsibilities and tell the truth why you do this crap. It's all about money and you don't give a toss who you burn & destroy their fun. When you do this, that's when people leave (True Reasons) and when you do wrong by someone, on average, they will tell 8 people, and so on and so on. So please don' spin crap about giving new players the chance to feel out the game by robbing us (BA) of the right to complete all Events, including Attack & Plunder. Every Era has its own mood, based upon the way you build your City and play, thats what makes this game AWESOME, but you have ripped the end out of my joy and others who love BA. Most of the complainers I would imagine, "DON'T SPEND MONEY", but you look after them and not your Customers.

(6) CONCLUSION: Please don't discriminate and bring back the ability to complete any Event on Bronze Age, including the return of the ability of Attack & Plunder. Most people don't even aid anyway let alone their friends, so whats the point of having another row of useless Hood Portraits to aid? Whats missing is you need to mass promote on BA, to help and show people INGAME what goals to aim for (Short Pop Ups). About 90% of people don't go to your multiple pages to read about how to play the game. Its often by WORD OF MOUTH. Their attention is always focussed on "The Now" (Ingame in your Face) and thats where it will work the best.

DeletedUser109966

(1) BAD MANAGEMENT: To remove Attack & Plunder from BA for a start is bad enough, but worse than that, is that you did it midway through the current Main Event with less than one day notice, followed by its implementation on the same day. Most people didn't even know what had happened and still don't, when they couldn't battle their Neighbourhood or etc, etc,

(2) DISREGARD: This is totally unfair for those who have not and cannot meet the new requirements and are now totally screwed, because they cannot complete this Main Event. Your total disregard for Players & Customers who pay your salaries, reveal your true colors of how you value money over keeping all players happy. This attitude of "TO BAD SO SAD" is the fastest way to lose people who feel screwed over by gaming companies.

(3) DISCRIMINATION: How on earth can any Players & Customers complete any Events on BA, even "If" they still have techs available, "But" the quest asks them: Kill 70 enemies? Whats the point of building any Barracks or having having any Troops at all on Bronze Age, when you don't have any enemies to protect your city from? Hmmm dah ! It's a really stupid idea Inno. There is only so many Battles you can do on the Continent Map, while choosing to enjoy staying on Bronze Age.

(4) BRONZE AGE (BA): The best part about BA, is preparing your City ahead of time, well before you advance up the Era's. Far too many race through BA up into Iron Age and get smashed all over the place in GE. The beauty of this Game originally, is/was the diversity of the many Game Styles by which you can play. If people leave the game a few days after they make a City, then there are a number of factors why, not just because someone attacks an plunders them.

* They were not serious in the beginning and probably play multiple games all at once.
* Real life issues can play a part of that
* Lack of Pop Up Messages for from INNO for all new players explaining clearly about being Attacked & Plundered
* Lack of Pop Up Messages for from INNO explaining what Great Buildings (GBs) they need to work at to help them become strong.

(5) BLAME THE PLAYERS: Instead of dressing up your bad choices INNO with pretty diagrams and disrespect to those who your changes effect, why don't you own up to your responsibilities and tell the truth why you do this crap. It's all about money and you don't give a toss who you burn & destroy their fun. When you do this, that's when people leave (True Reasons) and when you do wrong by someone, on average, they will tell 8 people, and so on and so on. So please don' spin crap about giving new players the chance to feel out the game by robbing us (BA) of the right to complete all Events, including Attack & Plunder. Every Era has its own mood, based upon the way you build your City and play, thats what makes this game AWESOME, but you have ripped the end out of my joy and others who love BA. Most of the complainers I would imagine, "DON'T SPEND MONEY", but you look after them and not your Customers.

(6) CONCLUSION: Please don't discriminate and bring back the ability to complete any Event on Bronze Age, including the return of the ability of Attack & Plunder. Most people don't even aid anyway let alone their friends, so whats the point of having another row of useless Hood Portraits to aid? Whats missing is you need to mass promote on BA, to help and show people INGAME what goals to aim for (Short Pop Ups). About 90% of people don't go to your multiple pages to read about how to play the game. Its often by WORD OF MOUTH. Their attention is always focussed on "The Now" (Ingame in your Face) and thats where it will work the best.

A long post... fruitless tho... the change has been made, you really don't get smashed all over the place in the Iron Age, be brave... time to move up an era or accept you can no longer camp in such an early era and also beat up all the brand new players as well.