• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content PvP Adjustments

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Today we'll introduce some small changes to PvP to help new players adjust to the game before introducing them to it. If you have any questions or want to give any feedback, please do so below. You can find the full announcement and details here.

Thanks

Richard and team

vikingraider

Emperor
I've just tried this out on players with less than 1,000 points in my hood and I still could attack. They must have already researched the required tech even though they have a low score.

DeletedUser111866

Please also make sure that if a person had not yet researched Military tactics, "Win X battles" quest will NOT appear in Daily Challenges, as there might be nowhere to battle.

DeletedUser96901

latest

no more battles in bronze age

Please also make sure that if a person had not yet researched Military tactics, "Win X battles" quest will NOT appear in Daily Challenges, as there might be nowhere to battle.
maybe the required technology to get the daily challenges is after the military tactics :rolleyes:

then you won't get win battle challenges before you can fight :P

DeletedUser98483

"We are introducing this change to make sure players have a chance to get familiar with the combat system of the game "

Errr : how does a player become familiar with the combat system of the game if he has no access to practice the combat system!
I can understand the no-plunder to help new players but no attack seems a step backwards. Attacking never hurts anyone and enables a new player to get used to placing different units tactically. Don't understand the rationale for this change.

The idea of protecting new players is commendable and well over-due.

I think that once a player has gone through (or aborted) the tutorial on troops, it should be OK to let them attack (and be attacked) but not plunder (or be plundered). This gives them time to get ready, search as learning for themselves that the tutorial’s insistence that they build troops ‘for defence’ is useless unless they also know how to set those troops into a defence force.

DeletedUser106696

Good idea to protect youngsters, but imho worst possible way to do it: BA is the ideal environment to learn fighting, as troops heal very quickly. In my books unlocking PvP battles should appear half way up BA, and there should be side quests that encourage beating up your hoodies, with plundering being introduced about half way up iron age. That way folks should have some idea about the qualities of their units before they need to post a defense.

Giving them access to PvP just before they hit EMA seems is like telling them to cross a motorway before teaching them to cross a quiet residential road :rolleyes:

DeletedUser109052

This makes me sad as I have town on a world where i wont go past the Bronze Age xD
(Its the closest age i can get to the stone age ;_; best age imo)

DeletedUser110195

This needs changed to no plunder....there isn't enough left to fight without being able to attack players unless Inno's plan here is to force people into iron age that would otherwise sit in bronze. Personally I don't see the appeal of sitting in bronze, it might as well be stone age with how little you can already do there, and with this, there's nothing left. May as well make the whole of bronze an extended tutorial.

DeletedUser110687

I think this sux, because I was having a ball on Bronze Age until you people destroyed my fun. Thanks a lot :(

Please remove it.

DeletedUser111898

Hi,
im new to this game (less then a week old) and i dont like this change.

fighting and pillaging is fun at bronze age, with spearmen that only take a few seconds to train. If you wait till end of iron age before allowing people to fight, then they will be demotivated to fight others since loosing 1 unit takes a lot of time to replace it.

I think this bronze fighting period with spearmen, is something everyone needs to be doing and you learn lots of it.
I fear this change will cause disinterest in any combat by new players. making them more likely to quit once they realise they get attacked a lot later on.

Vesiger

Monarch
"We are introducing this change to make sure players have a chance to get familiar with the combat system of the game "

Errr : how does a player become familiar with the combat system of the game if he has no access to practice the combat system!
On the continent map, I assume - though that doesn't give you many battles to practise.
The GE is the best place to practise fighting, but I can't remember what tech gives access to that.

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback so far. We understand from a transitional point, some people who are impacted by this change wont like it. Not to worry, you'll be back in the PvP game before you know it once you research the required tech.

Im glad to hear we're also getting some positive feedback, but as always, I'll pass everything on. With that being said, this change won't likely be reversed. The number of players who will notice the difference will fairly quickly diminish.

Thanks

Richard

DeletedUser110687

Inno, what else are you going to take away from your customers? It was great when I could complete Events on Bronze Age, without going up to Iron Age. If that wasn't bad enough, you now have come through and sunk the boot in by robbing BA Players of the joy of attacking and plundering and building up battle points in preparation for later Era's.

Why cant you just let people enjoy the game, how you originally created it, instead of screwing it up for some players like myself who made a plan to prepare for higher era's. The diversity, of the many game styles that one can play in this game, is what draws people and makes it interesting and in some way, a reflection of real life.

Some people like to potter around the house and have pretty gardens etc, just like some in the game like pretty cities, then on the other hand, some like to rumble in life, just like in the game with fighting.

These 2 points I made regarding Completion of Events on BA and having the option of fighting and plundering the hood on BA, should be given back to the people, to play and enjoy the game how they want to play it. One of the many reasons why people play games is to chillout and have a moment of escapism from life, to unwind. If something already works fine, why change it or fix it? That which was in place was great, now it absolutely sux.

The fastest way to lose people is crap like this and bad attitudes from a company. When you don't please or satisfy your customers, they move on and spread the word to their mates about what they experienced. The more you continue to do things like this, the less interested I become in your game, including the flow of money from my pocket to you.

Please put things back how hey were!

DeletedUser110687

Hi,
im new to this game (less then a week old) and i dont like this change.

fighting and pillaging is fun at bronze age, with spearmen that only take a few seconds to train. If you wait till end of iron age before allowing people to fight, then they will be demotivated to fight others since loosing 1 unit takes a lot of time to replace it.

I think this bronze fighting period with spearmen, is something everyone needs to be doing and you learn lots of it.
I fear this change will cause disinterest in any combat by new players. making them more likely to quit once they realise they get attacked a lot later on.

Good point, I agree with you as well.

DeletedUser110687

No specific tech gives you access to GE, you just have to be in iron age.
NOTE: You cannot
This makes me sad as I have town on a world where i wont go past the Bronze Age xD
(Its the closest age i can get to the stone age ;_; best age imo)

Every Era has its own mood, based upon the style you play, and what you build. I loe Bronze Age, its easy and cruisy. I wish Inno would stop making this concrete in the way of trying to force people to go up Era's when they don't want to. They do this by locking us out of things which used to be good. Is it always about "Money" Inno?