• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP active/neutral flag for players

DeletedUser106060

As it stands I wouldn't vote for this. However, rather than being unable to stop plundering if you take part in PvP was amended to unable to stop plundering if you plunder then I would go for this. There is a big difference in taking part in PvP for points and then also plundering. I do a bit of PvP but don't plunder as I prefer not to take from a weaker player the goods they have put time and effort into producing.
So if you plunder you are fair game to be plundered. But if you do PvP but don't plunder then you can not be plundered either.

patrick3377

Corporal
I have been thinking about making difference between attack and attack+plunder to enable the PvP flag... and still I am not sure.
Of course making it turning ON only for plunder makes sense and will be a honest way, yet many people will take an unfair advantage over plunderers in PvP tower.

PvP action is a PvP action... I play this game as well, and for sure: when I can choose between the Flag ON or OFF, i'd keep it on for all the time in all my worlds.

You can say that this is a disadvantage for peaceful player who sometimes do some PvP, while always-OFF farmers have their peace of mind... but look: most of the farmers are here just to build their towns, often having no real defence and/or ability to collect on time or whatever. Also most farmers do not compete for tower points.
So let us save the PvP face of this game, and all PvP action count for PvP. I want to keep this game to be PvP, yet protecting those who can't protect themselves.

For an argument: "if you want build in peace, go for some peaceful game" i have counterargument: if you want real PvP play different game, like Tribal Wars where you can win a lot, or loose everything - there are no great buildings you can hide behind. Every game, over time, needs to adapt to the ever-changing customers (players) needs. So if you say to the farmers 'adapt' I'll say to you 'adapt as well' ;)

For an argument that players have to keep their progress going, including progress to the new ages and keep your defence/attack up-to-hood I'd say: no way! This game is not a rats race; this is a game that has to bring you something more that just reach CE in 1 month and sit doing nothing for another month... finally leaving the game because of boredom.

If you say you need to plunder to keep your guilds GvG going on, then I'll tell there are many other, much much more efficient ways to do that. This is family game, for everyone not only for an elite pvp'ers, and if we're going to enjoy the diversity along with other great attributes of this game it is worth to find a way to do that fair. You can't expect the same from a person who can play at his office, or is unemployed and from a child or person who works full-time.

DeletedUser65431

Proposal:
Implement a PvP flag to players. When you attack/plunder someone, you're flagged for pvp for a period of 1 week (as an example) and others can plunder you... after the period the flag will expire and you're pvp neutral again. With the flag set to Neutral, you can be attacked but not plundered.
:o If this was implemented it would be impossible to plunder anybody! Everybody would be 'pvp neutral' on day one! :o

Aid your whole neighbourhood your flag turns green and stays green for one week.
When your flag is green, you can't be plundered
:rolleyes: Currently a player can spend over 7000 forge points building up defensive great buildings to reduce the threat of plundering. This idea eliminates plundering when a player spends five minutes a week aiding the neighbourhood. Talk about making the game easier... :rolleyes:

patrick3377

Corporal
:o If this was implemented it would be impossible to plunder anybody! Everybody would be 'pvp neutral' on day one! :o
... that's another reason why any pvp action is turning the flag ON... also, many of us loves competition and will turn the flag ON manually, just to make the game more interesting

DeletedUser105579

... that's another reason why any pvp action is turning the flag ON... also, many of us loves competition and will turn the flag ON manually, just to make the game more interesting

And what will you say of the semi inactives? I assume they'll pop their neutral flags and tell us attack-lovers to pack our bags? Patrick, you have a nice idea that has the support of the peace-lovers, but you have completely ignored the attack-lovers, and peace lovers and attack lovers CANNOT live in peace with both sides getting everything they want. Right now, the system favors attack lovers, and as far as I see, this is an indication from the devs of the nature of this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

Right now, the system favors attack lovers, and as far as I see, this is an indication from the devs of the nature of this game.

I disagree with this statement. The system favours active organised players whether they attack or not.

DeletedUser105078

:Currently a player can spend over 7000 forge points building up defensive great buildings to reduce the threat of plundering. This idea eliminates plundering when a player spends five minutes a week aiding the neighbourhood. Talk about making the game easier...

It would make it easier for beginners who don't have any GBs, and for those who don't want to spend too many diamonds and wait to build until they can find all their BPs... in short, it would make it easier for those players who are naturally at a disadvantage. I've heard some players say they were plundered daily for months, and I've known many who simply quit because of constant plundering.

Personally, I'm the kind who likes PvP, but I don't plunder because I've spoken to too many players who find it upsetting, plus it feels to me like stealing from the more disadvantaged, so even though sometimes it's been tempting when there's a nice goods building available for plunder, I have always refrained. I also have gradually built decent defences and have more time than most to play; at the beginning, I was put off by the plundering, and almost quit, but I did persevere until I had enough GBs and armies so that now I get plundered rarely (touch wood) and when I do, I plunder back, and then the plunderer leaves me in peace.

So I'm speaking on behalf of all the more disadvantaged players - the beginners, those who don't enjoy PvP, those who have little money for diamonds, those who don't have so much time to play. You normally won't find those people here on this forum, but you will find them in the game - at least until they quit. Why not find a system to make their game more enjoyable while still allowing PvP players their fun? Do PvP players really enjoy stealing from weaker players who are not capable of fighting back?

I get your point, Patrick, about the fact that really peaceful farmers and city builders aren't going to do any PvP at all, so your proposal makes sense. People who are up to PvP are probably up to building defence against plunder. So I give your proposal a clean +1 and withdraw my coloured flags idea, lol.

DeletedUser99588

Or players could just knuckle down and play the game and realise that plundering is part of the learning curve with regards to picking the right buildings and collection times to suit your playing time. The game offers ways to protect your supplies and coins and time management will protect your goods.

The problem seems to be with players not willing to put the effort into building and running their cities in an effective way to suit their own playing style and time available for the game. If you haven't got as much time as other players then you can't expect to achieve the same as them.

The mechanisms are there to protect your city you just have to work at it to achieve it and realise that sometimes you might be caught out and lose something. Remember though it isn't real items being taken and you can always produce more.

DeletedUser

-1 plundering is part of the game, get over it.
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a diamond purchase that allows for temporary plundering defense if it only stopped plundering and nothing else, but only because a lot of the people I plunder wouldn't waste the diamonds and it would be a decent way for inno to earn money. I've seen similar things in other games. I dislike earning the ability to defense like this, since we "earn" our defense via defense GBs, watch fires, etc already.

patrick3377

Corporal
So far i did not give +1/-1 to this idea. Nevertheless, in some way it was borrowed from quite huge game where farmers live on the same land with PvP'ers, and everything works fine. If we speak about adaptation, this game is adapting to the different demands of various players to meet even wider market. And it's better to offer some ideas for consideration than just wait for what Inno brings on their own (no offence).

In my personal opinion there's a reason why at first you get offensive GBs (Zeus, Aachen, CdM) and later the defensive ones. Best defence is good offence.
However, it is not an elite-only game.

I am very grateful for all your opinions, thanks guys.

DeletedUser4453

We can't we just sort out the neighbourhoods by the number of times you attack/plunder.
This way "aggressive" players end up with other "aggressive" and the peacefull players end up with their own kind.
This way no flags or timeouts are needed..

Just an extra dimension in arranging the neighbourhoods...

What do you all think?

Happy playing,

Stapper2000

DeletedUser105579

-1. You're suggesting an altered idyllic neighborhood, but the game includes the ideas of diplomacy and communication... Therefore this idea would go against that. Just my thoughts

DeletedUser105078

+1 for the principle of protecting weaker players from being plundered.

Exactly how to do this I don't know; I tried offering a couple of suggestions, in this and in another thread, but they were turned down. My first suggestion was to create a world where plundering was disabled, but I was told that the devs do not want any differences between worlds. My second suggestion was to use coloured flags, but that idea went west too. So I'm a bit out of ideas, and I'm a bit afraid that any proposal in this forum would end up being poo-pooed if it didn't favour plunderers.

Quoting my own post in another thread, I have a problem with all players who enjoy plundering weaker players. If it happens to me, I just stop playing in that world and disconnect the roads. But I've seen good people leave the game altogether because of it.

The fact is, at least 95% of players are decent and generous, and don't plunder. In fact, I play in 10 worlds, and I'm very rarely in a neighbourhood with a plunder problem - but I know people who have been. It takes just 3 plunderers out of 75 players in one neighbourhood to spoil the game for the other 72. How does that make sense?

I enjoy battle, and have often topped the tournaments, but I never plunder. I admit sometimes it's been tempting, when you see lots of nice goods buildings ripe for the picking. But I know it's going to upset a real person playing the game somewhere in the world, so I don't touch their stuff. Unless of course I or my guild mates have been plundered - then I return the favour.

I understand people might not want moral issues brought up, but what difference is there between plundering a weaker player and bullying a weaker person? There is a real person behind the city that's plundered; it's not an NPC.

So of course I'd like to see a system set up that protects weaker players from being plundered. Ideally, I'd like to see a world where those who like plundering can just plunder each other... but plunderers wouldn't like that, because it's much easier to plunder weaker people. And as I said, there are few plunderers in the game, so plundering neighbourhood would be rather few and/or small.

It seems to me that 95% of players are there to provide entertainment for the few plunderers, and it also seems to me that most of the people on this forum are rather keen on plundering. Which is strange, and I don't quite understand it, because in the game the vast majority of people I meet hate plundering, yet in this forum it's the other way round.

Last edited by a moderator: