• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Put the aqueduct in the cultural building section and make it non-premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109385

The aqueduct looks too big and too advanced for a decoration, it should be a cultural building so I would suggest it to move it to cultural buildings also I don't think aqueduct is worth paying with diamonds as it doesn't give off much happiness for the space it gives and the price of it also it becomes easily outdated. I would agree with keeping the diamond price for the victory pillar as it gives a lot of the one space but aqueduct needs to be changed to normal price, it should also be unlockable after researching a technology in Iron Age. By moving it into the cultural building section it will mean that the aqueduct needs a road to make it work. Happiness of aqueduct will be decreased by 15.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Frankly, I think things like the aqueduct should be a separate class of building that is required in a city, food production should be another(I mean seriously, what are people eating when all you have are tire factories or whatnot?). I think they should retain happiness bonus though, as I would get awfully cranky if I had no water.

DeletedUser109385

Frankly, I think things like the aqueduct should be a separate class of building that is required in a city, food production should be another(I mean seriously, what are people eating when all you have are tire factories or whatnot?). I think they should retain happiness bonus though, as I would get awfully cranky if I had no water.
I know right! This game needs some fixing up!

DeletedUser103052

-1, The idea of diamond buildings is that they are advanced. Some buildings are better than others, but that is what you must consider before buying them.

DeletedUser109385

The idea of diamond buildings is that they are advanced
Let's be honest, surely an aqueduct can't be considered as a decoration, right? I mean it pumps water for a much larger happiness amount, the decorations are just meant to be there to look nice to gain a little happiness. Keep in mind we are talking about Iron Age so all the decorations are below 90 happiness, even the cultural building Triumphal Arch has 190 yet aqueduct 155 which is within the same range! So aqueduct should be moved to cultural buildings menu and once it does it should be non-premium as it just doesn't seem right to pay it for diamonds, amphitheater already is a premium so no need for another premium, let's keep both the players and the devs happy.

DeletedUser107616

surely an aqueduct can't be considered as a decoration, right?
Unless it's small enough to hang on a Christmas tree 8-)

others in the decorations tabs don't make sense...
  • Playground
  • Allotment Garden Cabin
  • Allotment Garden House
  • Allotment Garden Shed
  • Nuclear Shelter
and same with the Cultural Buildings - but not sure what to call them

many other things need to be fixed
that's immaterial...
I'm getting pissed off with so many pointing out what needs to be fixed or about the lag...about assuming what can & can't be done.
Make a post in the Discussion & Questions section about...actually I'll do that for you - hopefully that'll stop pointless posts.

DeletedUser106696

The aqueduct fills just 3 squares, and given its 155 happy points is exactly in the same range as the iron age victory pillar (1 square, 60 points, but needing 3 times the aid per day). Keep in mind that most ages have decs with 4 or more squares (even the iron age has a pond), how and why is a 3 tile dec too big? You don't like it, simply don't build it... problem solved

DeletedUser100065

Could we create a new section in the forums called stupid ideas just for things like this and move them there?

DeletedUser109385

Could we create a new section in the forums called stupid ideas just for things like this and move them there?
Could we create a new thread called stupid opinions like this one and move them there, Thank you very much.8-)
How is this idea stupid exactly?

Surge

Brigadier-General

I think you're looking for another game...

DeletedUser110195

I think you're looking for another game...
So why are you required to have roads to anything? Because they make logical sense, just as having access to food and water make sense, yet those things aren't required? Hell I'd put food and water way above roads, in terms of happiness and necessity.

Surge

Brigadier-General
So why are you required to have roads to anything? Because they make logical sense, just as having access to food and water make sense, yet those things aren't required? Hell I'd put food and water way above roads, in terms of happiness and necessity.

Because if the game didn't have roads, we'd be playing the world's easiest knockoff of Tetris. Besides, that's construction, not resources.

DeletedUser112917

what use is an aqueduct? you get a handful of happiness points, cost diamonds, yet it is classed as a premium building! i have just completed my first GE difficulty and all i got was an aqueduct! what a waste of effort! i have also been getting the useless things during events. i now have 5 in my inventory. if they are so premium, why are they so easy to get :(

Emberguard

Legend
@harriette d pottervillle if premium seems useless it’s because all premium building stats are based on what’s available through the tech tree. Whereas event specific buildings generally aren’t competing with tech tree, they’re competing with other event buildings

Aqueduct is a Iron Age premium decoration with 51.6 happiness per tile taken. In non-premium decorations you don’t get that efficiency until four ages later in Colonial Age with the flamingo hedge

I agree the aqueduct itself isn’t that great. But not because it’s premium, rather because it’s a decoration and decorations are the least effective way to increase happiness. They mainly just decorate.

if they are so premium, why are they so easy to get :(
Some of the most successful businesses give away something like 99% of their content (making sure the free stuff is still quality) and sell the best 1% at a high premium

With the way the game is currently designed it doesn’t hurt to give away better versions of tech tree buildings to reward good or continued game play. Event buildings are still far superior to anything premium gives and for those that just want their city to look pretty premium adds additional options they can’t get unless they participate in specific areas of the game (or spend diamonds).

DeletedUser96901

Happiness of aqueduct will be decreased by 15.
some people are so terrible in math
that would be 140 happiness or 46.6 per sqaure

the bath has a happiness of 35.625 and is huge

so the smaller building which can find a place much easier should be worse in space efficiency

so with using proper math as regular cultural building it would need a decrease of at least 50

it becomes easily outdated
as correct balanced cultural building it also becomes easily outdated

unless it would be an unbalanced overpowered buildings
then it would need longer to be outdated :lol:

PS every iron age buildings becomes outdated very fast

Agent327

Overlord
what use is an aqueduct? you get a handful of happiness points, cost diamonds, yet it is classed as a premium building! i have just completed my first GE difficulty and all i got was an aqueduct! what a waste of effort! i have also been getting the useless things during events. i now have 5 in my inventory. if they are so premium, why are they so easy to get :(

So you dig up a two year old post that has nothing to do with it????

some people are so terrible in math

Maybe he got better in the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.