• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Province and Scouting issues in Quests

LarryB

Private
You've totally lost me, anyway. What main quests are you talking about? Do you mean the first event questline as opposed to the daily stacked quests that appear afterwards? So what if you have to scout again? The event is nearly 3 WEEKS long, does your scout have a mobility issue?

Yes, my scout does have a mobility issue. It has nowhere to go, because it is waiting for the current province to be completed.

LarryB

Private
It's important to keep a balance in things. There are actually two options either fight or negotiate. If anyone is in such uncomfortable situation where they can't fight their way thru and negotiate then they need to find another route. They need to consider asking for help from other users. If nobody can help then they can produce goods of their age and if needed then trade to higher ones. The easiest option is to find a user and donate forge points in great building for goods.

What you mean like on a forum or something. (Not you SFM) but all the other plebs on this forum who just say wah, wah, wah.
Do you think I've not tried this. I have been stuffing the market with trades but no one is taking them and no one in my hood has responded to requests for FP trades. It seems as though nobody checks the markets anymore.

LarryB

Private
I really enjoy doing quests as they bring something different each time.

However it really annoys me that some quests are show stoppers in that at certain times of progression it is impossible to fulfill the quest.

I had to abandon the Einstein quests because I could not complete a province in time and it looks like I might need to abandon the spring quests because I need to scout a province. It takes ~2.5 days to actually scout the new province assuming you have completed the previous province. I have only just started that province, so it will take me at least a week to complete it before I can start scouting.

Please provide an alternative, i.e. complete a 2 day production or something to ensure everyone can complete the quest line

The issue I am trying to make, is that I don't believe provinces where intended to be conquered in a day. Rome wasn't and I believe INNO don't want Provinces to be conquered so easily either. Therefore conquering provinces or scouting which relies on conquering shouldn't be part of quests.
The fact that some of you are lucky enough, either because you either happen to be in the right place at the right time, or rely heaving on cheating, or can afford to spend real money on diamonds, or have focused purely on military are able to conquer sectors quickly is good for you, but there are many, many other people who are not so lucky and find this to be a real problem.

DeletedUser12400

What you mean like on a forum or something. (Not you SFM) but all the other plebs on this forum who just say wah, wah, wah.
Do you think I've not tried this. I have been stuffing the market with trades but no one is taking them and no one in my hood has responded to requests for FP trades. It seems as though nobody checks the markets anymore.
The market is quite inactive, and without mentioning in message center or chat your trades might not be accepted. Speaking of forge points trades. I suggest to write in global chat that you are looking for such exchange or write privately to top players of course you need to prepare to remove some friends.

I personally have never had any issues with scouting and acquiring provinces. I managed to do them in all 14 worlds for all previous and this questline. The only thing that bothers me is scouting time on which I always spend diamonds. I don't even prepare myself for events. I can suggest to level up military great buildings, have a decent amount of goods and to keep balance between research and continent map.

LarryB

Private
The market is quite inactive, and without mentioning in message center or chat your trades might not be accepted. Speaking of forge points trades. I suggest to write in global chat that you are looking for such exchange or write privately to top players of course you need to prepare to remove some friends.

I personally have never had any issues with scouting and acquiring provinces. I managed to do them in all 14 worlds for all previous and this questline. The only thing that bothers me is scouting time on which I always spend diamonds. I don't even prepare myself for events. I can suggest to level up military great buildings, have a decent amount of goods and to keep balance between research and continent map.

Finally, a useful response.
I have tried messaging all members of my hood but no one has responded to requests for exchanges and I constantly request my guild for trades. They help when they can, but they are all short of AF goods too.
I currently have Zeus(11, 31%), CDM(9, 27%) and Aachen(7, 21%). My attack stats are (Attack +101%, Defense 79%) against (50%, 50%) but against 2 waves of mixed defenders I cannotto win, even using 30% tavern bonus. I am constantly putting FP into these GBs, but for personal reasons, financial and health, I no longer real spend money on online gaming)
I have just reached Oceanic Future era but cannot research Oceanic military until I have researched all the goods production buildings but they all require AF goods too.
It seems as though INNO have deliberately built a roadblock to slow progress which can only be achieved by spending money. I am happy with this on a general game level, but if this is so, it should not be part of the quest mechanism.

DeletedUser

I currently have Zeus(11, 31%), CDM(9, 27%) and Aachen(7, 21%). My attack stats are (Attack +101%, Defense 79%) against (50%, 50%) but against 2 waves of mixed defenders I cannotto win, even using 30% tavern bonus.
What troops are you using? My military bonuses are not much more than yours and I took most of AF and first provinces of OF continent with Hover Tanks easily.

LarryB

Private
What troops are you using? My military bonuses are not much more than yours and I took most of AF and first provinces of OF continent with Hover Tanks easily.

I've tried many combinations of AF troops, with and without rogues.
Must admit, I've not tried Hover Tanks, only have 1 of those left since I upgraded my military to AF. Hide on plains may do the trick

DeletedUser103223

Larry i'm using Hover tanks for the OF era map. Make the units come across to you, move up maybe on 1st round to attack troops in front. If more than 2 plasma's on each wave it will be difficult.

DeletedUser110131

Talk to your guild leaders, or, if you don't have a guild, make one. A lot of players will be willing to switch to and from your guild for a moment, or let you switch to and from their guild, in order to do a FP for goods trade. If your guild leaders agree to either invite the other, or invite you right back, then ask on global chat; there are a lot of helpful people around. It'll save you from kicking a lot of friends, and may save them from kicking a friend.

DeletedUser109950

Can you scout a new province without having completely conquered all the sectors in your last one? i seem to remember doing this in the past but this time there seems to be no icon to allow this.

DeletedUser110131

I suspect that, in the past, you scouted a province that could be reached from several provinces, at least one you had conquered, and one you hadn't.

LarryB

Private
Finally got 4 Hover tanks active. Finished up fighting sectors in province. Sooooo easy with Hover Tanks.
So, Scout is deployed. Now wait 2.5 days.

Hover Tanks are 1/2 the power, but the 'Hide on plains' bonus makes them so much more...
I still have Nanuq to conquer which I will keep for remainder of the quests.

I was going to post here, but it seems that anyone who disagrees with one or two people becomes a target for slurs.

What I was going to say is:

I am not going to do the next Event. Three in two months is two too many. It's not just the scout/conquer thing - although that has me so far ahead on some maps (I play 12 worlds) that I have to beg for unfair trades and hand over a lot of FPs to get the goods I need to negotiate, because my troops (and research) are a few ages behind. This next event has TWO "conquer" requirements, I don't need to be pushed that far ahead on the map - and in particular, not for such pathetic rewards. I mean, 5 goods? Come on, make the reward worth the effort!

When the mini events were first brought up on Beta, we were told we'd have the usual "big" events plus six - SIX - minis. I believe we had closer to 10 minis. Plus the bigs. All I seem to do here anymore is prepare for the next event, and it's getting BORING. People are quitting, I would put dollars to doughnuts that the non-stop event train has a lot to do with it.

Inno, give us a break of a month at least after an event, so we can just enjoy the game!!

DeletedUser110131

it seems that anyone who disagrees with one or two people becomes a target for slurs
A tip for the future: Don't lead with a complaint about discussions being too rough! The ones most likely to take issue with that, are exactly the ones you claim that you don't want to argue with. Let me demonstrate:

This isn't a children's forum, and adults are expected to be able to handle opposition. In my experience, slurs are rare, and not tolerated by the moderators. However, young adults and upwards are expected to be able to handle harsh rejections of statements (e.g. "that's a completely unfounded, foolish, and obviously wrong claim"), unflattering inferences about the author (e.g. "obviously, you lack the mental faculties to hold your own in a discussion"), along with irony, sarcasm, and less than considerate jokes. Also, the rougher you are yourself, the more you're expected to handle (e.g., if you accuse people of using slurs, which is very serious, return accusations of being thin-skinned, judgemental, prissy and hypocritical are fair enough). Obviously, I would never direct anything of the kind against you, for fear of being accused of using slurs.

I truly find the moderators here to be very good at identifying the line between acceptably rough and unacceptably mean. Even they can't please everyone, though. The most thin-skinned and the most thick-skinned have one thing in common: A dislike of fair moderation.

We're in agreement on the substance of your comment, though:

Inno, give us a break of a month at least after an event, so we can just enjoy the game!!
I absolutely agree! Checking in just a few moments ago, I actually groaned out loud, seeing that yet another event had started.

At a minimum, Inno needs to come up with some alternative requests. The same old requests repeated with such frequency are not only becoming boring in themselves, but several of them are obstructive to valid strategies, removing interesting and exciting aspects of the game, in favor of mainstreaming all players into mindlessly and endlessly repeating a limited set of quest tasks.