• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Province and Scouting issues in Quests

LarryB

Private
I really enjoy doing quests as they bring something different each time.

However it really annoys me that some quests are show stoppers in that at certain times of progression it is impossible to fulfill the quest.

I had to abandon the Einstein quests because I could not complete a province in time and it looks like I might need to abandon the spring quests because I need to scout a province. It takes ~2.5 days to actually scout the new province assuming you have completed the previous province. I have only just started that province, so it will take me at least a week to complete it before I can start scouting.

Please provide an alternative, i.e. complete a 2 day production or something to ensure everyone can complete the quest line

DeletedUser

it is impossible to fulfill the quest.
Sigh. So sick of seeing this complaint. It is never impossible to complete an event questline providing you have done a little preparation beforehand; actually, I very rarely bother to prepare and I still always finish events. There is always adequate time for scouting. What you mean is that it is difficult and inconvenient for you to do so right now (a week to conquer a province, really?), and if that's the case, then just don't do it. Don't complain that the game does not cater to your current position.

joesoap

Major-General
It takes ~2.5 days to actually scout the new province assuming you have completed the previous province. I have only just started that province, so it will take me at least a week to complete it before I can start scouting.

i can understand this complaint if it was 1 of the week long events but there are over 17 days left in this event so even with those time scales its still possible to scout the province & have time to do more quests

DeletedUser106756

I can plan for scouting etc for the event, but when Inno put scouting, infiltrate sector, buy sector's in the follow on quests, that is after you have already conquered a province in the main quests, they have (imho) gone to far

DeletedUser

I can plan for scouting etc for the event, but when Inno put scouting, infiltrate sector, buy sector's in the follow on quests, that is after you have already conquered a province in the main quests, they have (imho) gone to far
Not with a questline that lasts nearly 3 weeks, ample time.... infiltrating and buying sectors takes no time at all, not sure what your problem is with that?

DeletedUser106756

???????
quest 13 scout a province,
quest 17 infiltrate 4 sectors
quest 20 acquire 2 sectors without fighting
quest 25 Gain control of a province

So after the main quests you have to scout again - that is the point you appear to have missed

DeletedUser100065

scout - infiltrate - negotiate - complete, seems pretty logical order of things to me. There's an announcement made before the event starts and everyone knows those 4 items will be a part of the event quests. You get story line quest saying to scout then just put it off till the event says scout and bingo you get two rewards for two button clicks. However whilst we're complaining i don't like the complete 15min productions i would like to only spend 2 minutes a day on foe so it's unfair i have to try:rolleyes:

DeletedUser106756

So after the main quests you have to scout again - that is the point you appear to have missed

- lol, and again the simple point is missed.

It may be more constructive to read the full post commenting ;)

DeletedUser

- lol, and again the simple point is missed.

It may be more constructive to read the full post commenting ;)
You've totally lost me, anyway. What main quests are you talking about? Do you mean the first event questline as opposed to the daily stacked quests that appear afterwards? So what if you have to scout again? The event is nearly 3 WEEKS long, does your scout have a mobility issue?

DeletedUser100065

So two options, 1 everyone else is missing the point OR 2. your missing everyone else's point.

DeletedUser

Did you get some support/sympathy here LarryB, from these 'clever' forum warriors?? Obviously NOT!:lol:
Sorry, did I wander into an AA meeting instead of the FOE forum again? Do you need a hug? Do you wanna have a chat about our feelings? If you find the content on the forum or my perfectly reasonable response to the OP offensive, please do report it to the site administrators. Was that supportive enough for you?

DeletedUser109096

. Was that supportive enough for you?
I don't think I have asked any 'support' here, did I? Now, crawl back to your little flat on the council estate, tree hugger, 'cos I'm done with this 'forum'...

DeletedUser

I don't think I have asked any 'support' here, did I? Now, crawl back to your little flat on the council estate, tree hugger, 'cos I'm done with this 'forum'...
No, you didn't ask, but you did seem to confuse this forum with a self help group. Looks as though you've figured it out now though. If you'd like to come back and speak with the adults sometime about the actual thread topic, then you'd be more than welcome. :D

DeletedUser109096

I'll tell you from my experience about some players, you would think they have no 'common sense' to prepare to search province for the quest...I have a few friends who are really old and fragile and are in and out of the hospital, also have a dude who is completely paralysed and playing by using voice control commands...so some answers here from some 'hard core' (in their poor mind) players, actually makes me sick...

DeletedUser110131

However it really annoys me that some quests are show stoppers in that at certain times of progression it is impossible to fulfill the quest.
It's never impossible, but sometimes it can be unreasonably (in my opinion) troublesome. For instance, it annoys me that I have to refrain from conquering all the provinces I can, and instead have to wait for the next quest, in order to be sure that I have a province I can take. I'm already ahead of my era on the map, and the risk would be real. It also annoys me that I can't scout ahead as far as possible, because I need to keep a province unscouted. Since this forces players to halt their progress, and therefore spend less time on the game, it doesn't even serve Inno's purpose. So, you have a point; they should look into possible alternatives in cases where some players will be at an unreasonable disadvantage. They won't change any quests in this line, though, so you'll just have to make the extra effort.

I have a few friends who are really old and fragile and are in and out of the hospital, also have a dude who is completely paralysed and playing by using voice control commands.
I believe you've managed to get off-topic from the off-topic. Quite a feat! Age, fragility, hospitals, paralysis, and voice controls have nothing to do with the ability to virtually scout a virtual province in an Internet game. Now, if it was actual scouting of uncharted territories, like hacking your way through the Amazon, then you'd have a point. You're unlikely to find people talking about their plans to explore the Amazon on here, though.

LarryB

Private
Did you get some support/sympathy here LarryB, from these 'clever' forum warriors?? Obviously NOT!:lol:

Nope. everyone says cheat cheat cheat. By the way. according to dictionary, "cheat - act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage"

OK, so it's not impossible.

But here is what I have to do.

1) Complete a province (at the start I had 6 sectors, I have now got this down to 2 remaining). This is the same province that blocked me on the Einstein quest, so knowing in advance would not have made any difference.
2) Scout the next province. OK doable in 2.5 days.
3) Infiltrate 4 sectors doable, just costs money
4) Acquire 2 sectors without fighting. Again more time. What goods will I need, probably some of the Oceanic Future goods which I'm not producing yet because I have only just got there, don't know what boosts I will have and can't build goods buildings because I am blocked on tech tree because I'm using all my goods on quests.
5) Gain control over a province. Oh my god NO. Thats whats blocking me now.

So not impossible. Bl**dy unlikely though.

And before anyone says anything, no one is selling goods for FP in either my guild or my hood.

LarryB

Private
Sigh. So sick of seeing this complaint. It is never impossible to complete an event questline providing you have done a little preparation beforehand; actually, I very rarely bother to prepare and I still always finish events. There is always adequate time for scouting. What you mean is that it is difficult and inconvenient for you to do so right now (a week to conquer a province, really?), and if that's the case, then just don't do it. Don't complain that the game does not cater to your current position.

If your so sick of seeing this complaint, it probably means that a lot of people have already complained and therefore there are a lot of people struggling the same way as I am.

And Yes really, well over a week to complete a province. I am not strong enough to conquer the sectors and there is a huge shortage of certain AE goods meaning that negotiating takes a long while too.

DeletedUser12400

It's important to keep a balance in things. There are actually two options either fight or negotiate. If anyone is in such uncomfortable situation where they can't fight their way thru and negotiate then they need to find another route. They need to consider asking for help from other users. If nobody can help then they can produce goods of their age and if needed then trade to higher ones. The easiest option is to find a user and donate forge points in great building for goods.