• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Proposal to modify the way a guild can be deleted

DeletedUser114563

(Agent327)If you do not understand it, it will look that way.

The replies are definitely getting worse :(

Why not on the creation of Guild then the Guild Founder must nominate an Assistant Founder, exactly the same as a business, Director + Assistant Director, Manager + Assistant Manager. So, if one leaves or becomes inactive then the rGuild automatically transfers to the remaining Founder and that emaining Founder must nominate a Leader into the vacant Assistant position. Exactly what happens in a business, the Manager retires and normally the assistant takes their place. Just a thought.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111359

Why not on the creation of Guild then the Guild Founder must nominate an Assistant Founder, exactly the same as a business, Director + Assistant Director, Manager + Assistant Manager. So, if one leaves or becomes inactive then the rGuild automatically transfers to the remaining Founder and that emaining Founder must nominate a Leader into the vacant Assistant position. Exactly what happens in a business, the Manager retires and normally the assistant takes their place. Just a thought.

"On creation" a guild has a single member. So who exactly is going to be the backup?

"On creation" a guild has a single member. So who exactly is going to be the backup?

That is the problem, so what I am saying there must be 2 to create a Guild. A Founder and Assistant Founder. Everyone has friends and it is not rocket science to get 2 friends together to make a Guild.

DeletedUser111359

Alternately instead of all of this fuss and coding, you could just not join a guild where you don't have confidence in the founder...

On some of my worlds I've left guilds after spending months working my butt off to do what I could to help them. It's a game, it's not supposed to cause so much existential angst.

Agent327

Overlord
(Agent327)If you do not understand it, it will look that way.

The replies are definitely getting worse :(

It's what happens when you try to argue something you do not understand without adressing the content and just making derogatory comments.

+1 We need new ways to prevent a guild from being accidentally, or maliciously, deleted.

An inactive Founder has forfeited all his rights and deserves to get the boot. Inno should clarify what the rules are regarding this issue.

Inno rules on activity and deleting players are quite clear. Same applies to founders.

That is the problem, so what I am saying there must be 2 to create a Guild. A Founder and Assistant Founder. Everyone has friends and it is not rocket science to get 2 friends together to make a Guild.

How many friends do new players have?

DeletedUser114563

(Agent327)t's what happens when you try to argue something you do not understand without adressing the content and just making derogatory comments.

Da!!

Emberguard

Legend

How about Assistent founder can do anything a founder can, including kick other Assistent founders. Only thing the Assistent is unable to do is kick anyone with full Founder rank.

Basically create one rank more in the guild. Have the current founder position as the assistant founder, and the new founder position as a 1 player limited position

DeletedUser100832

I have a simpler suggestion. A guild can only be deleted if 51% of members agree to it, including more than half the founders.

Agent327

Overlord
I have a simpler suggestion. A guild can only be deleted if 51% of members agree to it, including more than half the founders.

That is indeed simple.

I can delete all members till I am left. I think on my own I can make 51%.

Would you say that is a hard fact?

Da!!!

DeletedUser100832

That is indeed simple.

I can delete all members till I am left. I think on my own I can make 51%.

Would you say that is a hard fact?

Da!!!

The fact you kicked them doesn't mean you don't need their permission to delete the guild... anyone who was a guild member up to a month back gets a say.

Agent327

Overlord
The fact you kicked them doesn't mean you don't need their permission to delete the guild... anyone who was a guild member up to a month back gets a say.

That would mean if I leave a Guild I would still have a say, or if I just joined a Guild I also have a say.

So I just kick them and do not delete the Guild. What is the difference?

DeletedUser100832

it means that the guild deletion is a lengthy process that gives time for the people wanting it to reconsider and also for the admins to interfere

for high-level guilds (50+), each such deletion should be reviewed by the admins on a case-by-case basis to see if it is within the spirit of FOE

DeletedUser114563

( Medribradrion ) for high-level guilds (50+), each such deletion should be reviewed by the admins on a case-by-case basis to see if it is within the spirit of FOE
Definitely yes.

Agent327

Overlord
it means that the guild deletion is a lengthy process that gives time for the people wanting it to reconsider and also for the admins to interfere

for high-level guilds (50+), each such deletion should be reviewed by the admins on a case-by-case basis to see if it is within the spirit of FOE

What admins?

I am the founder. Inno has given me the tools to do so, so how can it not be within the spirit?

DeletedUser99438

+1

It's always a worry that a founder will become upset and react in a moment of frustration and just disband the entire guild. Even if it required that only 2 of the founders needed to authorise the dissolve, it would be a better safeguard than the current one. It's unlikely 2 founders are going to lose the plot together lol Or maybe 3 is a better balance. But certainly giving all of the listed founders the option to dissolve without the aurthorisation of at least one/some of the others, is a little volatile.

Perhaps it would be better if there was no dissolve option? And the only way a guild gets dissolved is through an automatic process, when the last active member leaves (that would also get rid of longstanding dead guilds, that generally have one member that left the game). Personally I believe that an entire team makes a guild, and that they should have some level of (for lack of better words) stakeholder like entitlements to the guild they are loyal to. Thus why should any one person hold the right to dissolve an entire guild, against the desires of a majority? If they don't want to lead/or be part of that guild anymore, then in reality shouldn't they just cut their losses, go and leave the guild to those that do? Why should the guild members that have put so much into their guild suffer because one person decides to dissolve? Dissolving a guild, usually comes from some negative place like frustration/spite.

I can't pertain to know how the forums work, to be honest, but wouldn't this gain more traction in the ideas section?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
It's always a worry that a founder will become upset and react in a moment of frustration and just disband the entire guild. Even if it required that only 2 of the founders needed to authorise the dissolve, it would be a better safeguard than the current one. It's unlikely 2 founders are going to lose the plot together lol Or maybe 3 is a better balance. But certainly giving all of the listed founders the option to dissolve without the aurthorisation of at least one/some of the others, is a little volatile.

Founders can demote other founders. Niot every guild has 2 or 3 founders, so useless.

Perhaps it would be better if there was no dissolve option? And the only way a guild gets dissolved is through an automatic process, when the last active member leaves (that would also get rid of longstanding dead guilds, that generally have one member that left the game).

It actually would create more dead guilds.

Personally I believe that an entire team makes a guild, and that they should have some level of (for lack of better words) stakeholder like entitlements to the guild they are loyal to. Thus why should any one person hold the right to dissolve an entire guild, against the desires of a majority?

Cause that is how it works. If you join a 5 year old guild and the next day there is a voote to dissolve it, why should you have an equal say in it? At what point dis you "make" the guild?

If they don't want to lead/or be part of that guild anymore, then in reality shouldn't they just cut their losses, go and leave the guild to those that do?

That is what happens under normal circumstances.

Why should the guild members that have put so much into their guild suffer because one person decides to dissolve? Dissolving a guild, usually comes from some negative place like frustration/spite.

So do not bring that on.

You have decided to join a certain guild. In that guild, the founder decides. If you do not agree leave.