• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

promethium by ship only

DeletedUser914

Proposal
For future purposes: please do not let promethium be produced by something else then sailing.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?yes

Reason
Inno has a reputation for adding such things that makes the game easier. Like adding a hall of fame after introducing guild wars.

Details
Shipping and sailing is a new part of the game, and I sincerely hope that this is never ever produced by any kind of other building or reward.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
N/A

DeletedUser96901

is never ever produced by any kind of other building or reward
you should play faster

there is already a 2nd way to get Promethium
on the world map in some sectors

it is limited but you get it

so why not also as quest reward in part 3 AF in the main quest line :rolleyes:
(that would then of course be also limited. maybe the Chateau doesn't work there to limit it even more)

and btw: this idea is against your other idea of plundering prom
because if you plunder it that would be reward for successfully attacking and not produced by your harbor :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Greywolf

Sergeant
Right now the promethium requirement is slowing us down in the tech tree. However I'm sure that most of the AF players will have plenty of promethium by the time AF part 3 is released. By then promethium won't slow us down anymore.

Can't think of a good reason to make it easier right now, it's easy enough as it is.

DeletedUser100065

There's really no need to make it easier at the moment you need 760 to reach end of AF2 which at an average of 50 a day (depending on crew chosen) it's about two weeks to make enough. If you assume next stage will cost 1000 you'll have made enough promethium within a month anyway. And let's be honest there's no real rush to get through the current tech tree as there's not really anything of any great use on it. Hopefully there will be a use outside of tech coming but it should still be a rare commodity or else the whole story line makes no sense.

+1

DeletedUser

Neutral, I agree with Greywolf on this, I don't think it'll make much odds how many ways there are to obtain Promethium as the majority of folks will have it in excess anyway by the time the next part of the AF is released, it's not like it's used for anything else currently.
It's a neat little slow-down tactic for this part of the tech tree.
Haven't even reached future age so I am not gonna vote.
You don't need to say you're not voting, just don't vote :P

DeletedUser914

you should play faster

there is already a 2nd way to get Promethium
on the world map in some sectors

Oh yes, I am a scrooge and not using diamonds to send my scout. Did not know it was already on the map.