• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Progressive Age Military

DeletedUser3200

Anybody built any yet?
IF so, your views please
I can build rapid fire cannon, are they effective and are they a direct swap for an Ind Age unit?

DeletedUser

They are extremely powerful. I haven't built any, but have fought some. Stats are WAY higher and it seems most of the units have new strengths and weaknesses (ex. snipers are strong against light units)

DeletedUser

Light
Light.png
Heavy
Heavy.png
Fast
Fast.png
Ranged
Ranged.png
Artillery
Artillery.png

DeletedUser3157

All 5 InA units are very impressive. My only complaint would be perhaps Rapid Fire Cannon range - I feel like it should be increased as well. Compared to other InA units, it's rather small and on the bigger field, it can only cover about half of the field. I mean compared to jägers and howlitzers in InA, it's like Breach-loaders having 10 range.

DeletedUser

My only complaint would be perhaps Rapid Fire Cannon range - I feel like it should be increased as well.

Yes I agree. Either increased range, or, as the name states: Rapid Fire Cannon. Maybe just reduce the attack slightly but allow it to fire 3 times? :)

DeletedUser

In Industrial Age the Howitzer was the go-to unit to build. Has anyone figured out which PE unit is the best one so far?

DeletedUser7768

i was wondering why the IA units heve reduced range when fighting PA units.. For example.. howither have range of 4 .. so are jagers.. rifelman only 6..

DeletedUser

the tiles on map in PE represent more space so they reduced movement and range values

DeletedUser7023

Snipers kill anything real quick and out-range most units (barring cannons of course) Come up against them a couple of times and taken heavy losses. Nothing in the Industrial Age seems to harm them - or live long enough to get close - so am countering them with cannons until I have tanks available!

DeletedUser11540

There's 1 things i'm wondering...hide ability still works in PA, right? and since none of PA units have blast ability, isnt Jaeger still be able to wreck havoc in forest-terrain map?

DeletedUser3220

Yeah but there are usually fewer trees and with your reduced range you'll have to come out of that tree eventually!

DeletedUser7719

One problem with snipers: they're weak unless versing light units. I mean with only 30 attack, they can't pack that much of a punch, but they're defensive ability is the only thing that is killer. (Well even then, a tank will also have a awesome defensive ability with a big enough GB boost).

DeletedUser3157

Snipers are very annoying to kill. But when used for attacking, they are mostly better left for more spefic roles and uses in certain types of fights. Remember in PE, tanks and cars will likely make up large parts of armies u face in future. And both those units have bonus agaist snipers. And the bonus that tanks have is massive(+50 attack and defense, crazy). And the bonus what cars have is huge as well(+25 both), plus cars have that 26 speed with 9 range to always reach u quick. Snipers are better left off against light units kinda speficily, that's their thing and they can make full clean job on em. And it's good to have em around for that reason, cause both tanks and cars alone would have bad trouble against light units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that snipers are just perfect as they are. They are really effective against 2 units, and really ineffective against 2 other units.

Effective:
- Light. They have both a defensive and offensive bonus against light units. I think that this is as it should be as normal infantry are really vurnable to the heavy caliber that a sniper rifle fires.
- Artillery. Snipers are very effective against artillery aswell, mainly because of their high bonus in forests combined with the "Dug In"-skill. Artillery also doesn't have any bonus against them, so artillery will have a hard time to even damage a sniper hiding in the forest. Just to clarify: I think this is good.

Ineffective:
- Heavy. Tanks have a huge bonus against snipers. 8 snipers going up against 8 tanks will have a really hard time if they make it at all.
- Fast. Half the bonus that tanks has against ranges units, but the fast unit will be alble to get the first blow, which will propably result in the sniper making even less damage then it did against the tank.

A skill that would be very interesting for the Sniper would be "Hidden".

Hidden: Invisible, when hiding in forest or bushes, for enemy units that are more than 2 squares away. Can't be attacked when hidden.

This would propably make it pretty overpowered, so to compensate for that: A skill called "Thick Armor".

Thick Armor: Immune to all attacks except armor piercing rounds and explosive ammunition (This one would be used for Tanks and Armored Cars).