• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Production advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey I was wondering If I should replace all of my pottery's with blacksmith's? because they take up a lot less room and I usually just use the 15 minute production and 19x4 = 76 which is much higher than the 25 one pottery produces with the space provided, the only problem I can think of is roads and the amount of resources's and gold I would be spending to set one something like this up keep in mind I have 5 pottery's which is 20 blacksmith's which is 8000 gold and 800 resources's but I have fairly limited space for roads and not sure if I can get the full 20 blacksmith's but if I pull this off I'm making an additional 280 resources's every 15 minutes which is pretty good... anyway just asking for some advice here I'm not sure what you can but in later ages and setup's that would be better than me spending all my money on and being -8000 in gold.

-Icarus

DeletedUser

me personally would keep the potterys and save for some goat farms later, since they are awesome ^^

Edit: Blacksmiths can be good though, for filling small spaces where you need some extra production instead of gold

DeletedUser

Hey Icarus,

The Blacksmiths do give a bit more supplies per square, but also need more road connections compared to a Pottery.
Also take into account that if you replace your Potteries for Blacksmiths, you don't only need several Blacksmiths to make up for the loss of 1 Pottery, but also additional Blacksmiths to increase your supply income. Else you're just replacing 1 building for several with barely any supply income difference while having to pay a small fortune for the set up.

So in my opinion, the Blacksmith are just good for tiny spots you've got to spare in your town, but not really as a replacement for bigger Production buildings.
In the following Ages you'll need more space for your Production buildings anyway and you'd have to tear down some of those Blacksmiths again, while you could've just deleted 1 Pottery to achieve an upgrade. That would make the Blacksmith investment futile.

Just my experience though, every town set up and play style is different. :)

- L

DeletedUser

Thanks :D I'll defiantly save for goats then, and the advice is welcome Lodroth I wasn't too sure about the whole thing anyways.

DeletedUser

Well I can give advice from my point of view.
I reached EMA with only 2 fruit farms. Two is not enough, but with good logistics you can survive. And I can strongly recommend to build 2 or 3 fruit farms instead of something else. One thing is to care for production per square, and another is how many people you need for that building. In both cases fruit farm is the best (maybe you will say that fruit farm requires 5x4 squares, which is a lot, but for me still is the best option). And after fruit farm the best option is Shoemaker.
On the end, the most important thing is to build your city with concept. Straight roads with cross junctions instead of paths everywhere.
All the best.

DeletedUser

if you dont use 5 minute production than allways go for building which produce more. Now you are on 15 minutes but pretty fast you will log in once per hour and afther that once in 4 hours.

Blacksmits only if you have "holes" in your city and you need aditinal supplies production.

Status
Not open for further replies.