• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Problems installing - Android

• Thread starter DeletedUser108775
  • Start date

DeletedUser108775

long story short google play is telling me that the game is incompatible with my device.. normally this would tell me to move on an look for other games.. however lve actually had the game installed on this exact same tablet little more than a week ago!!!!

basically l had to RMA my tablet under warranty because it wouldnt turn on, turns out that discharging the battery completely on some devices (even by accident) could kill your device as some batteries dont like being discharged completely.. because l was unable to backup content and didnt want to give techs access to my tablet they reinstalled it, which obviously means redownloading my apps.. problem is that within a matter of a week a compatible game is now showing as incompatible with my device (ASUS Memo pad model:ME181CX)..

quite frankly lm confused...

DeletedUser108903

I have the same problem with my android mobile phone LG Spirit.

Game was fine yesterday but today when i try to enter into the game it says that the game is outdated and sends me to google store.
Unfortunately on the google store it says that the current version is not supported for my device even though the game was playing fine until now.

- innogames staff - please fix this problem that came with this new patch ASAP ... i even payed for a diamond pack two weeks ago and now i CAN'T PLAY THE GAME

DeletedUser

As a first check, please check that you have cleared the cache on your device.

This can commonly be found under: Settings / Memory

I had a similar issue with my android device this morning; clearing the cache and restarting the device fixed my problem - what's new... seems we now have Google Achievements / Google Game Points.....

DeletedUser108903

As a first check, please check that you have cleared the cache on your device.

This can commonly be found under: Settings / Memory

I had a similar issue with my android device this morning; clearing the cache and restarting the device fixed my problem - what's new... seems we now have Google Achievements / Google Game Points.....

...this solution DID NOT work on my phone (LG Spirit)

DeletedUser16026

Please check to make sure your Google Playstore is up to date. You can do this with these steps:
1. Open the settings menu in the Google Play Store app.
2. Scroll all the way down.
3. Tap on the Build Version section.
From there you'll be able to check for updates.

If you do have the latest version, please try getting the update from a different connection/network and see if you're still having the same issue (it's preferable to do the download through a wifi as opposed to a mobile network).

DeletedUser108903

Please check to make sure your Google Playstore is up to date. You can do this with these steps:
1. Open the settings menu in the Google Play Store app.
2. Scroll all the way down.
3. Tap on the Build Version section.
From there you'll be able to check for updates.

If you do have the latest version, please try getting the update from a different connection/network and see if you're still having the same issue (it's preferable to do the download through a wifi as opposed to a mobile network).

I tried this solution with both wi-fi and mobile network but it will not work... when i click on settings and check for a new version of google store it says that it is up to date (version 6.0.5) and when i go to the store page for Forge of Empires it will not even start to download this latest game update and it just displays the message ''your device is not compatible with this version''

Do you have any other ideas for fixing this situation?

DeletedUser108903

...btw Forge of Empires on my phone is version 1.66.0

DeletedUser914

how about upgrading android? On your own risk, otherwise a tablet is only usable as coaster.

DeletedUser108903

i managed to solve the problem and install Forge of Empires update version 1.68.3 on my phone (android 5.0.1).... it installed only after i de-installed google playstore application updates so it returned to factory version 5.5.( i have also emptied FoE application cache memory and data previously).

...don't know about the original poster but this helped me and the game can update properly now :)

DeletedUser16026

If jozzidaz's suggestion does not help, please let us know what type of device you're using and what your device's android version is.