• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

'Private' Trading

• Thread starter DeletedUser100781
  • Start date

DeletedUser100781

I have just gone through the rigmarole of setting up a 'private' trade, with someone from my neighbourhood. The main problem was setting up a transfer time so that someone else in the neighbourhood does not trade the goods before I can pick them up. This has happened a couple of times to my detriment. Also I could set it all up and then find the neighbourhood has changed and I lose the ability to trade.

Does anyone know of ways round these problems and if not how do we get the games designers to alter the game to allow easy 'private' trades,

DeletedUser

Hello gpdave, and welcome to the forums.

There aren't many ways to do this except as you've already tried, with the exception of making this guy "your friend", then it doesn't matter where he has gone neighbourhoodwise, as he'll always be on your friends list, unless you or he decides to amend that status.

As for getting the designers to alter this, you can only try, but I doubt they'll be any major change to this function.

DeletedUser7719

lol, I thought you were talking about my guild for a second :p

The best way to almost guarentee your trade will make it will cost two trades:
Let's say you want 50 copper for 25 salt
1) Player A offers 25 lumber and needs 50 copper
2) Player B accepts
3) Player B offers 25 lumber and needs 25 salt
4) Player A accepts

This is assuming you do trust your friend to the extent where he will not stop at step 2 ;)