• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Princess Myciena asking too much

DeletedUser

Tip to all quest fans: Ignore them or delete them! I'm in future age and
have quests from the industrial age I've only looked at ones! There is
no profit for the player, only Inno will profit from them!! Same goes for
the maps! Its not bad to start of, but as you advance it gets worse!!
Greed is the downturn of this planet, not just this game!!!;);)

Actually there is a reward for completing the whole quest line: you can run additional side-quests

DeletedUser108379

It is better to be in tech and on the map in the same age. Than the quests fit together.

There are sometimes sidequests I skip, because building something that is two techs away for a random reward just is not worth the effort in my eyes. And sometimes I am taking other sectors on the map than the story line requests, but so far that has never been a real problem.

I have no idea what you are talking about. How does INNO profit from you making a quest?

Vesiger

Monarch
a) You can't abort the storyline quests.
b) I think at first they're meant to be a sort of tutorial to get you to try out all the features of the game, and later to provide a challenge and prevent you from staying in your comfort zone ;-)

As for me, I'm still miles from that tower ruin...

DeletedUser106459

Don't mind the quests myself. Something different to the usual routine of collecting etc. Quests should represent some kind of challenge (albeit fairly) and shouldnt always be a walk in the park. We all have a limited number of things to spend our FP's on - this means we have to prioritise and use some type of strategy. Sometimes we may have to be patient.
That said, I am only in the progressive era, and I have 14m gold and 3.5m supplies. I dont know if its common, I would guess so...this to me suggests the game as a whole is probably too easy to gather resources IMHO.

DeletedUser107476

Disagrees because when I go on quest runs completing a load in a week on my 5 worlds I bag 200 diamonds a week from them by not skipping them.

DeletedUser108258

Don't mind the quests myself. Something different to the usual routine of collecting etc. Quests should represent some kind of challenge (albeit fairly) and shouldnt always be a walk in the park. We all have a limited number of things to spend our FP's on - this means we have to prioritise and use some type of strategy. Sometimes we may have to be patient.
That said, I am only in the progressive era, and I have 14m gold and 3.5m supplies. I dont know if its common, I would guess so...this to me suggests the game as a whole is probably too easy to gather resources IMHO.
No doubt quests should provide some challenge, but it should be worth it at the end and it should not interfere with the players desire on how to play the game. So far quests in FoE seems more of a tool to give you the right direction and guide you thru the map and tech tree; let you know if you are too far ahead, or leaving behind with either provinces or technologies. But some quests are just ridiculous and poorly designed, one would even say the one who did the quests has no clue what he is doing.
Back to topic and our dear princess Myciena. I had a look on the industrial age map, where specific tactics are required and negotiation goods are expensive and i was advised by fellow players that riflemen can be well worth it, so i decided ill just place two barracks of that type to fulfill the reQuest and make the best use of them.
Fast forward few quests(i noticed another player commented on the topic is on the same quest) and there we go, another irrelevant quest by Myciena. This time her majesty suggests i should lay siege on Grand Gap(last colonial province), which i already did, but that doesnt bother me. She is again greedy in her request and requires me to have not one, but two camp of either Field Gun, Cannon, or Trebuchets. Its alright, any player should have siege camp, but why two? Especially when we are talking about the Col province and once done those troops become useless; no clue why cannons and trebuchetes are even in the equation. I seriously hope at the end there is some reward for the troubles, those quests were forced to me after all.
TL;DR those quests make no sense, you cant skip and so far the reward would barely cover 10-20% of the investment, no matter if you follow the right age succession and only in extreme cases where the player actually decided beforehand to operate with those buildings, it would be worth it.

DeletedUser108379

I have always considered the quest as part of the play and to fulfill them just as one of the tasks of the play, not something on top or just for fun or for the rewards (beside the recurring quests of course).

DeletedUser99692

I have always considered the quest as part of the play and to fulfill them just as one of the tasks of the play, not something on top or just for fun or for the rewards (beside the recurring quests of course).
Got to say I agree with you quests especially storyline quests are designed to draw you through the different aspects of the game. Yes you can abort some of the most costly ones or the ones that drive you bonkers like Rinbin and his exact population one but they bring a varity and a challange. They even get us working together to figure them out that can't be all bad can it.

Vesiger

Monarch
I've had the quest already since before the MLK event started :'(
I think I was researching Hospitals when I got it - like the original poster, I was in the HMA at the time.
I've finally built the tower ruin :-D
Longest quest I've ever had...

Edit: and then the follow-up quest was the one to research spears..! :P

Edit 2: this is ridiculous - I'd got so far ahead on the map while waiting for this quest that I've now had about a dozen quests auto-complete.

Last edited:

Lady Rowena

Private
I just got a quest I'm never going to fulfill, and it can't be skipped. Silly Myciena wants me to have 7 riflemen or 7 rangers. I'm not going to build duplicate troop bldgs. just to get to the next quest, so I guess it'll hang there forever, lol.

DeletedUser107476

I just got a quest I'm never going to fulfill, and it can't be skipped. Silly Myciena wants me to have 7 riflemen or 7 rangers. I'm not going to build duplicate troop bldgs. just to get to the next quest, so I guess it'll hang there forever, lol.
Does it say have or train?
If train then you can train one delete, train, delete, train, delete.....

DeletedUser6065

In this instance, I believe it is 'have'. This was the change over from the old 'Swords and Scocery' quest of 'Have 2 Libraries and 2 Academies'.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser108258

yes its have, its the quest i dedicated this topic iirc. Anyway i built the 2 barracks and dont regret it because rifflemen proved to be very effective in the industrial maps and im able to clear most sectors with minimal caualties. The problem is you wont have the comfort to use many of the other troops which might be more efficient in some cases. The most annoying quest comes after riflemen tho, it asks you to have 2 siege barracks from the past 3 ages, something along those lines. IIRC i built 2 cannon camps(the cheaper option) simply to meet the objectives. The final quest gives 50 dia, there are also followup story line, but i cant tell you if its all connected.

DeletedUser6065

"I've finally built the tower ruin :-D
Longest quest I've ever had...'
'Have all goods buildings from the High Middle Ages'.
I'm 1/2 way through Colonial.
Still need the first.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser108852

Hi Pisepampel, so if I'm not mistaken and I've read your comment correctly, you're basically telling everyone to ignore or delete the quests and "Same goes for the maps," correct? Then let me ask you this: "How are you expected to progress, and if that's your attitude then why the hell are you playing in the first place?" You can be strategic and patient you know? You certainly don't need to be punching in your credit card details every 5 mins. It amazes me how much money some people have poured into this game. Mind blowing! Anyway, at least try and have fun. If it's making you miserable then you need to think of the reason you began playing in the first place. And how important is this game really, in your life? Get some perspective and keep smiling my friend!!

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
I never did the map for ages on one world, now i have to build buildings that long ago went to the scrapyard, oh well.

DeletedUser108258

this start to go way off topic, but how do ppl even go without the map? Its major part of the game and there are so much benefits... PvP points for towers(medals), goods deposits, expansions, some dia rewards here and there and ofc the fun to fight the different provinces. I know, ppl are used to do those fights with force, just use 1 age ahead(or even more) troops and a major enchantment from GB's, but its so much fun if you actually have to do it with the same age units and need to decide your units to counter enemy vulnerability and use battle ground terrain in your advantage..its whole another different experience. At Col age you already have like 12 expansions, it amazes me how can anyone throw away something like that!

DeletedUser5180

this start to go way off topic, but how do ppl even go without the map? Its major part of the game and there are so much benefits... PvP points for towers(medals), goods deposits, expansions, some dia rewards here and there and ofc the fun to fight the different provinces. I know, ppl are used to do those fights with force, just use 1 age ahead(or even more) troops and a major enchantment from GB's, but its so much fun if you actually have to do it with the same age units and need to decide your units to counter enemy vulnerability and use battle ground terrain in your advantage..its whole another different experience. At Col age you already have like 12 expansions, it amazes me how can anyone throw away something like that!
I always go as far on the map as i can using the previous age troops as far as possible which is more challenging