• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Pre-existing unused plunder after combat prevents subsequent polish/motivate

DeletedUser

0.15.9341 (28.08.2012 9:41), EffBee (291101), en5, en_US, WIN 11,3,300,271, Windows XP, MSIE 8.0, 1676x855

• World:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Overview of the bug:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:

<Moderator Type Guys - This template is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE to try to use!! - Please try it to see what I mean>

East Nagach

MSIE 8.0

If one attacks a fellow player and wins the PvP combat, an option is given at the fellow player's town to plunder one of his buildings. If one decides there is nothing worth plundering at that time, then it is possible to just leave the town and come back at any later time (up to 24 hours? 12hours? Not sure) and plunder a building if something has become worth taking. Sometimes after combat there is no plunder option at all (greyed out) because no buildings have anything at all which can possibly be taken. Now, if one's fellow player is meanwhile kind enough to polish or motivate one's town, then one gets notified via the town hall screen. One obviously wants to return the favour from the fellow monarch, so one visits the fellow monarch's town via the link in the town hall screen. Then one is right royally screwed. There should be an option to plunder from the previous outstanding combat AND a polish or motivate option. There is ONLY a plunder option which can't be removed without one rudely and ungratefully plundering one's neighbour (Such ingratitude!). Once plundered thus, the motivate/polish options are greyed out. One objects to having such discourtesy thrust upon one. The game's designer gerbils seem to be guilty of a programming logic error here.

No screenies - nothing useful to show, just normal game mechanics.

This errant behaviour seems 100% reproduceable.

One has had this happen several times now. Not very often. Not a great problem. But it is wrong. One is not amused :( (And one's neighbour is even less amused)

EffBee

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

i don't beleive this a bug, but rather a feature. if you attack someone, regardless of what actions they take your only option is to plunder. you can however NOT plunder them and wait the 24hrs after the attack and then polish/motivate.

DeletedUser

Yup, farmerlynch is right :)

You will have the option to either attack (and if successful, plunder) one of your neighbours, or to polish/motivate him - once in 24 hours. So if you've attacked already, you can't polish anymore in that time-span.
It's not attack, and then choose plunder, polish or motivate :D

DeletedUser

I am going to disagree with you somewhat on this.

One case is where I attack, defer the plunder, then decide to motivate/polish - and I agree that in this case it has to be plunder, wait 24 hours, then maybe initiate the process to polish/motivate.

Another case is where I attack, defer the plunder or CAN'T plunder, then my victim decides to initiate the process by which we mutually motivate/polish each other. In this case, my victim shouldn't be able to motivate or plunder me, OR I should be able to RETURN his good intentions.

(I am starting to wonder now whether I have this right - did my victim polish/motivate me before or after I attacked him?)

DeletedUser4089

I'd also like to point out that some "Moderator Type Guys", including myself, have reported bugs using the templates and had no problems. They are extremely helpful to the Forum Mods, In-Game Mods and Developers to decipher exactly what the problem is, as they are designed to get as much information as possible from the player. The more detailed information we get, the better we can assist.

DeletedUser

I'd also like to point out that some "Moderator Type Guys", including myself, have reported bugs using the templates and had no problems. They are extremely helpful to the Forum Mods, In-Game Mods and Developers to decipher exactly what the problem is, as they are designed to get as much information as possible from the player. The more detailed information we get, the better we can assist.

I am not disputing the value of a well thought out error reporting form designed to collect important information. I am just saying that you can't seriously expect people to work with THIS after cutting and pasting as directed.

Bad Forum Templete 2.JPG

Bad Forum Templete.jpg

Just my opinion. Don't take offence :)

DeletedUser4089

Ah, yeah, I must admit I forgot it was like that. I don't actually have any problems with it like that and can work with it easily, but I can definitely see how others would find it off-putting.

It may be that the code box is a specific size that can't be extended, so having it laid out clearly would mean some of the format is out of view, meaning people may miss it out.

With the agreement that it should be looked at, I kindly ask all further posts to stick to the real subject of the bug report, lest we hi-jack this thread any further. Thank you.

DeletedUser

I am going to disagree with you somewhat on this.
One case is where I attack, defer the plunder, then decide to motivate/polish - and I agree that in this case it has to be plunder, wait 24 hours, then maybe initiate the process to polish/motivate.

Right :) We agree there's the 24 hour wait there, after which a new cycle can begin ^^

Another case is where I attack, defer the plunder or CAN'T plunder, then my victim decides to initiate the process by which we mutually motivate/polish each other. In this case, my victim shouldn't be able to motivate or plunder me, OR I should be able to RETURN his good intentions.
(I am starting to wonder now whether I have this right - did my victim polish/motivate me before or after I attacked him?)

The point is, that your inability to motivate or plunder for 24 hours after the attack, does not affect your victim's choice to motivate or polish (or even retaliate and possible plunder if he wins) - provided he hasn't visited you somehow in the previous 24 hours ^^. If he chooses to, say, motivate you, you'll have to wait for your 24 hours to have finished before you can return his favour.

DeletedUser

This is not a bug, but I see your point to it. Even though "one" may attack you, some people do it for battle points, and do not want to plunder the other person, or may decide not to anyway. I think there should be a way to choose between plunder, polish, and motivate after an attack, to show that, "hey I am just here for points in the tower, here is a polish to prove it." Nonetheless, this is not a bug, but a design in the game, if you feel this should be looked at as something to add to the game, feel free to make an idea out of it, but use the template, and make sure it has not already been submitted, thanks EffBee.

By the way, I wiggled some stuff around in the bug report template, hopefully it is easier to follow now.

DeletedUser16993

hi im haveing some difficults here because i havent been attacked at all by this guy name grayhntr thats in my neighborhood in the realm brasgard and im constantly being pludered by him on a daily not even with in a 24 hour time period will someone direct me where to or who to talk to about this... its only him out of all ppl that has truley attacked but nvr has plundered me ... its gettign rediculious i cant play with someone like hacking my stuff on a daily ITS TO THE POINT IM READY TO QUIT PLAYING CAUSE ITS LIKE HE ONLY GRABS O THE STUFF IM MAKING THAT I NEED TWO UNLOCK MY RESOURCES AND NOTICE BUILDING OUR MOVING ON THERE OWN RANDOMLY ????

DeletedUser

Hello blitz(sad), welcome to the forums

Attacking and plundering neighbours is one of the features in this game. You can avoid being plundered, by making sure you collect your production the moment it is ready.
Being attacked in itself has no consequences for you - you will not lose anything.

As to plundering more than once in a 24-hour timespan... that is not possible.
I think you may be confused by the fact that both the attack (red shield) and the plunder (red lightning bolt) are listed in your events screen. Please remember that a player has 24 hours after an attack to revisit your village for plundering - but he can only plunder you once.

I hope that explains it a little :D It might be a good idea to head towards the guides sections of these forums, where you will be able to find a lot of very helpful information!

DeletedUser

Edit: Oops, I see this was a bug report. It read like an idea and I responded as such. Oh well, the point is still valid so I will leave the rest of my post as it stands.

Possible abuse?
If one is permitted to attack and then decide to polish because there is nothing to plunder then one may feel pressured to use that option all the time. This would give one points for the tower AND the 20 coins for mot pol which is more than just the coins one would receive for the mot/pol.

In short, it may negate the idea of mot/pol instead of attack.