• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [47169] Potholes in EMA and off any road

• Thread starter DeletedUser111866
  • Start date

DeletedUser111866

Screenshot_2018-03-01-20-58-26-01.jpeg

Just a photo-fact. Didn't see them ever until now.

DeletedUser111866

I think I've got them to appear pretty reliably.. so, steps to reproduce:
1) Have a city in an age below PE (or have no two-lane roads in a city)
2) Have a friend that has two-lane roads somewhrere, preferably in places you don't even have expansions, so that the incid3nts will always be visible. Not always possible, but you can build such a city with dev tools.
3) Play for one day normally, but not visit ANY city directly. Or watch after you have visited someone
4) Visit that friend
5) Check all places where he had roads for incidents.

More often than not you will get at least one pothole after this sequence. I expect the code that generates incidents creates incidents of all types for everyone, regardless of their age, then tries to place them somewhere in a valid location. Since potholes have none before PE, they don't get placed as a result (effectively reducing the number of available incidents for low-era players), but they get triggered to place some time after you return from visiting others, and use their layout to determine valid positions to appear. If the friend just visited had two-lane roads, the potholes finally get a place to appear, and you see them in weird places, as they are not aligned to your city.

DeletedUser104881

Thank you for your report, we will investigate and I will let you know if we require any more information.

DeletedUser104881

Thank you this has been forwarded to the development team.