• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Posting in Forum

DeletedUser108912

Hi, Every forum section I look in says I have insufficient privlages to post or something like that well except here. How can I get permission to post so I can ask questions?

Edit:
It appears to be fixed. Don't know what happened. Maybe needed to post here first?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

All accounts need to be manually validated before you can post anywhere else beyond discussion and questions.

jmazz777

Private
Hi, Every forum section I look in says I have insufficient privlages to post or something like that well except here. How can I get permission to post so I can ask questions?

Edit:
It appears to be fixed. Don't know what happened. Maybe needed to post here first?

I have the same problem .. I hope this reply will fix it

I have the same problem .. I hope this reply will fix it
It did .. I can now post

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110822

Same problem - and blocked for the simplest of a question.

DeletedUser114191

its the same for me not enough privilege to post. i would like to know how do i or us achieve this privilege? can someone explain
what I am to do or not do so that i do not become apart of a problem that i would not be aware of.

DeletedUser112745

its the same for me not enough privilege to post. i would like to know how do i or us achieve this privilege? can someone explain
what I am to do or not do so that i do not become apart of a problem that i would not be aware of.

Your question is answered in the second post:
All accounts need to be manually validated before you can post anywhere else beyond discussion and questions.
You'll just need to wait for a forum team member to come online and validate the account. :)

DeletedUser113340

l was trying ask a question but every time l tried to login to forums lt said something like unknown user yet l have used the account previously without any issues why now do l have this problem?

DeletedUser99692

As Darkstar said after registration your account needs to be approved. We do try to handle this as quickly as possible. If you have any problems contact support and we will help.

DeletedUser115661

Just created an account in the forum. Been playing FOE for a few weeks now. Can someone validate my forum account? Thanks

Emberguard

Legend
Yes thanks,it still took me 5 mins looking at the board before i noticed big yellow dot to the right with black cross in it on the background black and i know i need specsavers lol
In that case I would also need spec savers as I didn’t see it the first time I came to the forums either

There have been studies that show our eyes will skip certain details based on our expectations. Interpretation of data has more impact on what we see then just the sensory data. That’s why ads are only sometimes effective, we skim over them or don’t even see them if they’re to the side because we know what we’re looking for isn’t in that direction.

Unless you’ve been to a forum that uses that circle for posting chances are you’re going to be looking to the left and for text to the top or bottom of the boxes not something seperate from the layout.

Once you know the circle is for creating threads it’s a handy feature to have as it’s always there. Just takes getting used to it

yeah i center on main board layout for all things connected with posting/threads same as many others,i dont look at adds,even after being told it was the circle it still took me 5 mins to notice it lol with tired eyes 4.01 here off to bed,,,,ps others may now know how to open threads lol

DeletedUser118223

This isn't about posting in the forum but this topic was close and I didn't want to start a new thread (thanks for mentioning how you would do that though, I wouldn't have noticed the yellow circle to start a thread either).

Anyway - concerning forum navigation I don't see any way to 'mark all messages read' at any of the thread levels. When I join a new forum I like to flag everything as read to I can then start reading what's new (as well as selectively catching up on certain topics).

Is there also an obvious 'mark messages as read' button than I would also be missing?

Thanks