• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Post your top 5 useless GB in FOE

Giskler

Legend
A DT will produce far more goods than a sleigh or sunken treasure, and cannot be pillaged at all. It will produce goods above your current development level. And it will never require a renovation, or One Up.

A capital isn't nearly as good as a Cape. But when you're Cape gets up above 80+, advancing it slows significantly, at which time it's cheaper to level up a Capital twice, than the Cape once.
What?

DeletedUser6065

Interesting that nobody listed the 'attack' buildings (Zeus, Aachen, Castel del Monte, and Terra Cotta Army) as useless. What happened to all the peaceniks that were around when this game first started?
. . . mk

DeletedUser111359

Interesting that nobody listed the 'attack' buildings (Zeus, Aachen, Castel del Monte, and Terra Cotta Army as useless.

I know they have use for others, even if they are largely useless to me.

I do have CdM's in most cities, and I just ignore the passive effect. :)

DeletedUser653

A DT will produce far more goods than a sleigh or sunken treasure, and cannot be pillaged at all. It will produce goods above your current development level. And it will never require a renovation, or One Up...........

The DT produces a single "random" good of any age you have been in per aid and the number of times it gives a single random good is dependent on the level, so while your in SAM age collecting Iron Aged, ME or LMA goods etc etc i am collecting SAM goods, for an equal space (6x5) i can have 5 sleigh builders up giving me 75 SAM goods a day while you would need a L46 DT just to get 75 random goods (assuming you aid 75 players).
As far as it needing a one up that just makes it much more useful because then on the day we start the new age i can be gaining 75 goods of that new age while your DT might give you 4 of the next age to SAM (assuming 75/17 ages).
Plus since you spent 1875 TE goods to get it i suspect you will never actually get enough goods back to pay those costs, plus the 59,185 FP to get it to L46 (of course if in top guild with a 1.9 boost for it it reduces to only 12237 FP)
Sorry but its totally useless and unless to any serious player, but its ok if you happy with a pretty building.
Its only real purpose is to give a new player goods from across 17 ages which they can accumulate and try to trade down to the age they are in, but its TE so will be difficult to get for a new player to get the BP's and might cost even more FP for a TE goods pack from another player. so maybe another 600 FP and assuming you have the BP's the new IA player can build it and get some benefit, but even that benefit starts to go once the player starts to catch up the ages and the DT starts to provide goods from ages long since past and not required - so it becomes useless.

For a great read try this thread https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...sing-the-real-value-of-great-buildings.11260/
while its old theres a great deal of debate on whats a good GB and what is not and it does make you think.

My thought is never build a GB and hence invest FP in it if you will later delete it, just a massive waste of Goods and FP.
The other thought is do you have a better GB to spend your limited FP in? if so then do not build that new GB.

DeletedUser653

I listed Capitol and disagree on the rest.

So why do you like these, i have tried to justify why i think they are not worth building.
Atlantis - only build if you are hard core plunder and i pretty much stop that stage of the game a few years ago.
Royal Albert Hall- you can build lighthouse earlier and get it up to L10 and then no need for that massive capital
Dynamic tower - just a waste, more goods from sunken treasure and sleigh builders
Rain forest - built it but deleted it as soon as Arc got to Level 80, never be short of BP's with a L80 ARC
Seed vault - really a GB for supplies, much better GB to put fp into
Voyager - supplies again and a never ending leveling up to cover standard supply buildings

Giskler

Legend
So why do you like these, i have tried to justify why i think they are not worth building.
Atlantis - only build if you are hard core plunder and i pretty much stop that stage of the game a few years ago.
Royal Albert Hall- you can build lighthouse earlier and get it up to L10 and then no need for that massive capital
Dynamic tower - just a waste, more goods from sunken treasure and sleigh builders
Rain forest - built it but deleted it as soon as Arc got to Level 80, never be short of BP's with a L80 ARC
Seed vault - really a GB for supplies, much better GB to put fp into
Voyager - supplies again and a never ending leveling up to cover standard supply buildings
I plunder so Voyager and AM give me free goods. SV is severly underrated, an excellent GB requiring little investment for a huge payout. DT gives advanced goods when in lower ages, what’s not to like. RFP lets me get more of the rarer BPs in the game and gives lots of goods. RAH is useful in higher ages when you have the space and the supply costs go way up. All very worthwhile GBs that I will eventually level higher.

Giskler

Legend
Interesting that nobody listed the 'attack' buildings (Zeus, Aachen, Castel del Monte, and Terra Cotta Army) as useless. What happened to all the peaceniks that were around when this game first started?
. . . mk
They are among the most useful in the game that’s why. Why would you want to waste goods on negotiating when you can just fight with free units from your Traz?

DeletedUser653

ok, Voyager/Atlantis:- if you plunder is great GB so we agree but i do not plunder very much so for me its not very good, but understand 100% why a hard core plunder would have one and would even recommend it for that player.
SV Variable payout GB and is better than DT for sure as it gives your current age goods and so does not become useless as you go up in ages. % payout is coins 24.26 % Supplies 25.50 % Goods 31.71 % Medals 17.37 % & Diamonds 1.15 %. so lots of useless coins and supplies but if you aid a lot it does sometimes give goods and even diamonds but if your going to spend FP/goods on a building like this build a HC instead its far better.
DT posted above why its a bad GB to build and did so in detail.
RFP - seriously if a player has a L1 ARC he will get more BPs from doing L5 slots and then he will get the BP's he needs rather than a random one he does not. I built this and deleted it a month later, a big mistake as ARC is just so so much better, maybe 1000% better.
RAH is good, my point is a player can have a Lighthouse up much earlier gaining a valuable supply bonus and if they push it to L10 thats a 145% bonus from a tiny 4x4 space compared to a RAH which is 7x6 and will cost 1500 industrial goods and believe me i am in SAM age and space is still just as tight for me as it is for a ME player. So its not useless but its huge and i prefer to push my lighthouse and have the 26 spaces for other buildings.

need to add that link to my signature:
For a great read try this thread https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...sing-the-real-value-of-great-buildings.11260/

Giskler

Legend
ok, Voyager/Atlantis:- if you plunder is great GB so we agree but i do not plunder very much so for me its not very good, but understand 100% why a hard core plunder would have one and would even recommend it for that player.
SV Variable payout GB and is better than DT for sure as it gives your current age goods and so does not become useless as you go up in ages. % payout is coins 24.26 % Supplies 25.50 % Goods 31.71 % Medals 17.37 % & Diamonds 1.15 %. so lots of useless coins and supplies but if you aid a lot it does sometimes give goods and even diamonds but if your going to spend FP/goods on a building like this build a HC instead its far better.
DT posted above why its a bad GB to build and did so in detail.
RFP - seriously if a player has a L1 ARC he will get more BPs from doing L5 slots and then he will get the BP's he needs rather than a random one he does not. I built this and deleted it a month later, a big mistake as ARC is just so so much better, maybe 1000% better.
RAH is good, my point is a player can have a Lighthouse up much earlier gaining a valuable supply bonus and if they push it to L10 thats a 145% bonus from a tiny 4x4 space compared to a RAH which is 7x6 and will cost 1500 industrial goods and believe me i am in SAM age and space is still just as tight for me as it is for a ME player. So its not useless but its huge and i prefer to push my lighthouse and have the 26 spaces for other buildings.

need to add that link to my signature:
I am also in SAM and I have the space for RAH so why not. SV doesn’t have to be leveled much at all, you can just leave it at level 1 really and you’ll still get incredible value for the investment. RFP gives bps for the rarer GBs like SV, V1, AM etc. DT gives free goods, it’s not like I have a space issue so why not.

On R the DT and SV are worth their weight in gold due to the immature market. While working my way up the ages goods were super hard to come by. Still are for AF and up.

Edit: That thread has lots of outdated and bad info.

DeletedUser111359

The DT produces a single "random" good of any age you have been in per aid and the number of times it gives a single random good is dependent on the level.

Utterly and completely wrong. It will produce a single random good of the age of the building you aided. So it can even produce goods that are above my current tech level.

So I get 80 fairly high level goods every day from it. And it can never been looted. Never needs a polivate or a reno/one up, and takes up a negligible amount of space.

And for the record your claim of fitting that many Sleighs in the same space is nonsense, because road connections are required for all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
i wont list 5 but all useless GBs:
1. observatory
2. oracle of delphi
3. colosseum
4. notre dame
5. saint basil's cathedral
6. deal castle
7. capitol
8. space needle
9. atomium
10. lotus temple
11. voyager v1
12. dynamic tower
13. gaea statue
14. seed vault
15. the virgo project

Giskler

Legend
1. observatory
2. oracle of delphi
3. colosseum
4. notre dame
6. deal castle
7. capitol
8. space needle
9. atomium
10. lotus temple
11. voyager v1
12. dynamic tower
13. gaea statue
14. seed vault
15. the virgo project
Captain GvG doesn’t like Obs and Deal Castle?

DeletedUser96901

1. observatory
2. oracle of delphi
3. colosseum
4. notre dame
6. deal castle
7. capitol
8. space needle
9. atomium
10. lotus temple
11. voyager v1
12. dynamic tower
13. gaea statue
14. seed vault
15. the virgo project
weird
Seed Vault and Dynamic Tower but not Babel or Dresden :rolleyes:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Captain GvG doesn’t like Obs and Deal Castle?
obs is useless same as goods wich it give and support wich it give cause atm bonuses in GvG are useless in general in comparation what players have, about deal its useless to even waste words... 7x7 for medals??? and best defence and only secure one is to collect on time

Ceban

Brigadier-General
weird
Seed Vault and Dynamic Tower but not Babel or Dresden :rolleyes:
dynamic tower give less goods than 2 wich you mentioned and a lot more expensive to raise on decent levels so its good only if you will aid on manual, i wont for sure.
seed vault good only if you aid literaly everyone, even then doubtfull, as you can guess since i didnt mention museum as useless i am plundering them and i dont like precentage chances on it

DeletedUser113125

Starting a new world was easier with Oracle than without. With some friendly investors it’s cheap to get up a couple of levels. No, it’s not for the long term or levelling high, but the question was ‘Post your top 5 most useless GBs’ not what are the GBs you will have at a high level and at a high age. Horses for courses. It depends on your play style, if you camp in an era and what you enjoy.
The 5 GBs I haven’t found useful or wanted to build:
Notre Dame
Colosseum
Atomium
Voyager
Gaea Statue