• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

post update

• Thread starter DeletedUser1862
  • Start date

DeletedUser1862

Hello all;

I have to say, I have noted right away that the move, building sell back and cancel menu only being available when the build menu is up is a major oops in my book.:mad: When I am moving building around and trying to maximize space I don't want a big chunk of screen showing the build menu in the way. It's hard enough moving things as it was due to the limited space and zoom out. Not liking it. that's all.

I'm sure some of the other minor problems will be fixed as things progress, but I seem to have lost medals and the pvp report isn't matching the new status bar at the top.

When I sign in, it's showing German as the language right now. I haven't encountered any problems with it, just noticed that was what was showing and wouldn't let me put in the right one.

Looking forward to seeing some of the other changes.
Cat

DeletedUser

I have to agree I preferred the place where it was earlier, now it just comes in the way.

DeletedUser65

firslty there's 2 threads discussing moving/changing the build tab to make more of the map visible.
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?2555-IDEA-New-Build-tab is the first and you'll find the 2nd 1 linked in that thread

secondly the language is not set at german. its showing german as the first country on the list of available countries the game is in. as long as your on en servers it is english. because we play the english servers theres no point in having the english server advertised 1st on the list, but having the german 1 will let german speaking players who didint already know there is a german server. id imagine in a few weeks it may change to advertise the greek or russian servers etc...

DeletedUser1862

Sorry, silly me, I don't read each and every thread, in each section. I scan the areas that it might be possible and since I was making this observation within the first few hours of the update, I posted it where it seemed appropriate. I post bug reports in that section after I quickly scan it, and it seemed like the feedback section was the right place for feedback on the update. My bad I guess.

Sorry to disagree on the language issue but at the time I posted, the pull down menu came out, but clicking on the English did nothing. As I said, it didn't effect anything, just didn't accept the change. It is now fixed as I fully expected and made mention of.

DeletedUser65

no need to apoligise mate, it was not my intention to come across hostile. in regards reading the forums nobody is asking you every post in every thread, i would however suggest the search bar( top right)

DeletedUser1081

well ... not everyone approaches the forums the same way, and sometimes it's hard to know what term to search for. but entering build menu into the search gizmo does indeed lead to a bunch of clearly relevant results regarding that issue.

i personally find using the "New Posts" option to be the most informative overview of what people are experiencing in the game - except of course on the days where all the new posts are about counting to a million or whatever :cool:

DeletedUser1862

lol, I guess that is the crux of the problem for me and shows how differently we all think sometimes. See, I would not have thought of the issue or my post as "build" related. For me, it was about the relocation of the "move, sell, and cancel" functions & menu. Yes, it is now (in a different way) connected to the build menu coming up, but is a separate menu in placement. I simply preferred it the way it was.

Ah well. This old dog can learn new tricks. I'm just laughing at discovering my how my brain saw that from a different angle. I never would have found it in a search because it just would not have dawned on me to search the word "build". Thanks for the tips.

DeletedUser1081

build was just an example, actually - entering move sell in the search gizmo spits out similar threads, at least enough to see it's been reported. it is sometimes hard to know what to search for, though! anyway, have fun ...