• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Possibility to repeat a GE level instead of advancing

• Thread starter DeletedUser103370
  • Start date

Vote

• Total voters

DeletedUser110195

Mm hmm hmm....well...guess puffin isn't all that good, maybe there's a better browser out there that wouldn't be terrible? Not all browsers are created equal after all.

I have had one thought on this proposal. My thinking is that for intensive farmers, coming up with the goods for negotiation is simple, while for intensive fighters with high attack boosts, flattening the enemy is simple.

So, how about allowing a repeat level but each stage of a repeat must be either fought if negotiated at the last time through that stage, or negotiated if fought.

This would also mean that the need for extra stages (as proposed in another Idea thread) is unlikely, since it will be very hard to both fight AND negotiate through level 4.

I have had one thought on this proposal. My thinking is that for intensive farmers, coming up with the goods for negotiation is simple, while for intensive fighters with high attack boosts, flattening the enemy is simple.

So, how about allowing a repeat level but each stage of a repeat must be either fought if negotiated at the last time through that stage, or negotiated if fought.

This would also mean that the need for extra stages (as proposed in another Idea thread) is unlikely, since it will be very hard to both fight AND negotiate through level 4.
This would also mean that every second time through the same level could be offered at just the same expense and reward, since an implication is that it would already be harder to do.

DeletedUser103370

This would also mean that every second time through the same level could be offered at just the same expense and reward, since an implication is that it would already be harder to do.

I think I get what you mean, but I don't really like the "forced" idea. I mean if I don't have the goods to negotiate, then I'm stuck again. If I don't have the troops then stuck again too. I think the best would be if you could decide how to proceed.

I think I get what you mean, but I don't really like the "forced" idea. I mean if I don't have the goods to negotiate, then I'm stuck again. If I don't have the troops then stuck again too. I think the best would be if you could decide how to proceed.
I wasn't trying to make the game easy. I was trying to make it challenging, while acknowledging that people might not want to - or be able to - go up a level.

Yes, if you don't have the goods to negotiate, you are stuck. If you are a farmer, there is a solution to that. If you are a fighter, there is a solution to that. Maybe next week, you will make sure you DO have the goods ready, as well as the troops prepared.

DeletedUser103370

I wasn't trying to make the game easy. I was trying to make it challenging, while acknowledging that people might not want to - or be able to - go up a level.

Yes, if you don't have the goods to negotiate, you are stuck. If you are a farmer, there is a solution to that. If you are a fighter, there is a solution to that. Maybe next week, you will make sure you DO have the goods ready, as well as the troops prepared.

Yeah I hear you, but essentially this would eliminate the main goal why I proposed it in the first place. Weaker (maybe not the best term) players can't advance for individual reasons, (which will stay the same if we are lucky, because that means we have new players pouring in 24/7), and for them the GE ends after a level or 2 or 3. So the goal would be that they can enjoy the game longer, and bring more points for their guild. If there are restrictions like this, then they're stuck again. So I'd rather use the "less reward with repeats" approach.

DeletedUser105579

Interesting idea. I'd suggest that repeating a difficulty would not give percentage points to the rankings, you could only repeat one difficulty once (to avoid abuse) and the rewards would be significantly reduced (half prestige, half supply/coin packages, no diamonds).

Prinza's idea has potential, but my fear is that it would reduce the entertainment value of repeating a GE difficulty.

DeletedUser103370

To be honest I can't really see abuse as a factor here, let me explain. Doing a level of GE takes time and determination. It's not like you just click and you're done. In this sense I feel that rewards should reflect it too, and exactly because of this I wouldn't reduce the possibility to only one extra go! I mean if someone takes the time to do it again and again, that means he spends more time with the game, and just like every other features it should reward loyalty! Like we mentioned earlier the Treasure Hunt, you can start it again and again, still it's not gonna give you less and less rewards.
The critical thing is to avoid people choosing the repeat instead of advancing, that's why special rewards should be decreased (diamonds, special buildings etc.), so for people who CAN advance, should always do it.
Other than that, I would rather reward players for it, otherwise what's the point spending time with it?

Shad23

Emperor
takes time and effort not sure i follow here with the clic automatic combat takes 5 minutes to do a level as a warrior , maybe as farmer by negotiating takes 2x the time but i don't think allowing a repeat is the solution

DeletedUser111866

Abusable with Temple of Relics, each encounter will grant a chance for a relic, netting more relics for less if you stay at GE1 for several rounds. Disabling ToR for subsequent rounds might remove the reaso n to ever replay GE. -1 overall

DeletedUser105078

+1

Great idea, I know players who get frustrated because they can't manage the higher levels. If rewards, relics, and points were halved for every repeat performance, I think there would still be an incentive to try for the next level up if one can manage it, but remain at a lower level if one can't do the higher one.

DeletedUser

+1

Great idea, I know players who get frustrated because they can't manage the higher levels. If rewards, relics, and points were halved for every repeat performance, I think there would still be an incentive to try for the next level up if one can manage it, but remain at a lower level if one can't do the higher one.
Maybe it could also work if you kept rewards and relics the same, but you could only do a total of three levels (unless you don't repeat any, in which case it would be a total of four levels with the bonus level).
Just throwing another thought.

Agent327

Overlord
Sorry to say that, but it has nothing to do with the hardness of the game...
You would need exactly the same dedication, you'd need to fight the same, nothing easier than before...

Actually the very opposite. If more people are using more levels, then to be successful you'd need to do the same.
That means you'd have to spend more time and put more effort.

It'd be easier if I was saying, make level 2 more easily achievable...

In comparison with this proposal : https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...elect-production-buildings-and-use-them.9129/
You see this really makes the game easier, still it's getting implemented.

It does make the game easier. Rather than struggling half way through level 2 I repeat level 1. That way I can collect more units and loose less. So my army grows faster and as a result of this I can complete level 2 much sooner than I can now. My Guild also profits from me more than it does now, so it does make it easier.

The proposal you compare it with has only been forwarded. That is no guaranty it will be implemented. Devs can throw it aside after a brief glance.