• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Possibility to repeat a GE level instead of advancing

• Thread starter DeletedUser103370
  • Start date

Vote

• Total voters

DeletedUser103370

new features should be open to all players so if some1 can already complete level 4 then they cant use this, this idea just keeps getting worse
It's an idea to help the new player who needs the help, and it's a convenience to experienced players who for whatever reason don't have enough oomph left to do the next level. Sure, the people who can always breeze right through all 4 levels won't see any use for this, but those players don't really need what they can get from level 4 and do it for their guild, not themselves.

Yeah, limiting the number of encounters would only bring the smaller ones closer to the big fish, still you wouldn't be able to match someone who does all 4 levels! That is IF the number of encounters are limited. Also even if we'd choose this limited approach, it doesn't have to be 64 exactly, so it's really open to all players either way, it's just more useful for smaller ones most of the times.

DeletedUser103370

why should smaller players get benefits?

I wouldn't call it a benefit, as you can't call Treasure Hunt a benefit either! It's a feature what you can use if you're willing to put the effort in it, and rewards you (here your guild too) for spending more time with the game.
And why smaller players? Well simply because big ones doesn't really need help, do they :)
Also I wouldn't call it "help" either, it's not like anyone would get anything, they won't get help to advance where the big ones can, they won't get help to complete anything with less effort, they would only get a chance to participate longer, by being able to repeat.

joesoap

Major-General
I wouldn't call it a benefit, as you can't call Treasure Hunt a benefit either! It's a feature what you can use if you're willing to put the effort in it, and rewards you (here your guild too) for spending more time with the game.
And why smaller players? Well simply because big ones doesn't really need help, do they :)
Also I wouldn't call it "help" either, it's not like anyone would get anything, they won't get help to advance where the big ones can, they won't get help to complete anything with less effort, they would only get a chance to participate longer, by being able to repeat.
treasure hunt is available to every1 (except app players)
even if big players dont need the help maybe the smaller players in their guilds do, in the form of extra fps, cheaper builds, shorter recruiting/healing time for units...isnt this really what GE is about, earning power for your guild & levelling it quicker
and shouldnt the repeat be aimed at players who can finish level 4, those who have put in the time & effort to get units/attacks/goods etc & really play the game, why not let them participate longer, surely they are the 1s that would have earned this extra bonus

DeletedUser103370

treasure hunt is available to every1 (except app players)
even if big players dont need the help maybe the smaller players in their guilds do, in the form of extra fps, cheaper builds, shorter recruiting/healing time for units...isnt this really what GE is about, earning power for your guild & levelling it quicker
and shouldnt the repeat be aimed at players who can finish level 4, those who have put in the time & effort to get units/attacks/goods etc & really play the game, why not let them participate longer, surely they are the 1s that would have earned this extra bonus

I don't get it why wouldn't this be available to everyone just like treasure hunt? Or what you mean by why not let big ones to participate longer? Anyone could use repeat, no restrictions there. Also, we shouldn't talk about it as if it was kind of a "reward". GE itself is an optional feature. Some use it occasionally, some exhaust it as much as possible, some ignore it all together. Being able to repeat a level wouldn't change that in the slightest. The ones who ignore GE, will obviously ignore it even if they could repeat a level. The occasional users maybe would use it from time to time when they feel like it. Hardcore players would exploit it's possibilities as much as possible, just like they do with the rest of the features available.

And supporting the smaller ones should be a priority, because to put it simple, the game itself (like all other games of course) supports the big ones. It was always like that, and it's obvious why. Think about it. Who can exploit any features the most in-game? An established, old player who has tremendous amounts of boosts, troops, supplies etc. If we're only talking about GE then try to imagine what a small player could get out of it (even if we're talking about let's say a year old player, not a seasoned one with their 5th world to try!), and now compare it to someone who can breeze through the 4 levels in a blink! The differences are already huge! They already get incomparably more rewards, they can enjoy it more, they get 10-20-30 times more points! So why would it hurt you as a big player, if a small one could repeat, then let's say you'd "only" get 8-16-24 times more points and stuff? Is that so bad? Or should we support established players deliberately even more, to make the existing gap between smaller and bigger players even bigger?

Please understand, I'm not talking against any group, neither the big or small fish! Big deserves to be there, no one argues that, it didn't come free! And no one says that small ones should get anything for free, or that they should be helped to get where the big ones are with less effort. I don't know how else to say it, maybe I can't express myself properly, repeat would only be there, so that a brilliant cooperative feature like GE could be enjoyed more by everyone, and obviously because big players can already enjoy it fully, it would mostly be useful for smaller players.

DeletedUser110195

You know, this is something that could be used, even by the most top end player. They could choose to repeat 3 for GvG purposes, and get an extra 12 units to throw at it, as level 4 awards no bonus units. It needs to be limited to 64, you get 4 levels, whether they are all 4 or 1, 2 or 3 repeats. Everyone should get the same number of encounters, this idea of giving people who can breeze through 4 an even bigger edge in crushing the competition is ludicrous.

DeletedUser110195

Units for controlling sectors. 4 doesn't give you units on the 3rd, 7th, 11th and 15th encounters like the previous levels. If a guild needed units more than power from finishing 4, they could opt to repeat 3.

DeletedUser110195

Which is why you need a browser on your phone or whatever that will launch the browser site instead, like puffin. I have seen FoE played in its browser version on a phone.

DeletedUser110195

I can't say it was great, but that phone isn't exactly top of the line, and I'd like to think someone using a tablet would fare much better.

DeletedUser110195

There are settings which force it to use the browser version, I don't know what they are but perhaps Jo can tell you as she's done that before.

DeletedUser4089

Yeah, had a quick look, if you enable 'request desktop site' in Puffin settings you can 'play' on Puffin. So far it's not a great experience.

DeletedUser110195

I'd imagine a newish tablet would be better for that, phones really don't have that much power in them.

Last edited by a moderator: