• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

possibility to plunder military buildings

Shad23

Emperor
i think this should be applyable on any DA that does not have minimum 8 units but i also think there will always be someone to find a way to go around rules but i'm sick and tired of seeing those 2 spearfighters + i think a lot of inactive players use them as DA so it might be a way to advantage active players over inactive players

DeletedUser111589

On my main town, I'm sick of seeing them as well, on my other towns I wish everyone would have spear fighters.

Difference is Alcatraz. Having my rogue hideout plundered is fine with me as Alcatraz makes 5 more of them. As long as my production buildings don't get plundered, would hate losing 5 FP from terrace farm after a day of waiting.

On sub towns, I have rogues, use them while fighting, but no military units.

If I attacked someone, and every damn building was plunderable, getting more units would be less of priority than 10 coins or 10 supplies.

Shad23

Emperor
i don't find this normal i'm in progressive and i attacked all my neighbors a few days ago and almost half had only 2 speirfighters as DA and a lot of them are in progresive like me

DeletedUser111589

I'm in LMA and bottom 20 players are under 30k points. While I think 200k should be average

Its normal. Those players probably rushed. Take a look at their city, if they have awful town, they rushed and didn't bother learning how to set up DA

Shad23

Emperor
exactly what i'm saying rushing to get to Prog without learning how to place def troops ain't normal because placing def troops is one of first things they show you when you start game so no it ain't normal you learn that in bronz age

DeletedUser111589

As a matter of fact, setting up defense army is not shown but learned by asking or experimenting.

And many don't do either.

DeletedUser96901

i'v changed the proposal of my idea to include the previous quote
why not including my abuse preventing part from page 1 ?

because what you include is
reason for this idea: I hate 2 spearfighters and want to punish those players

guess what: players are smarter than you
if this only applies to defense with 2 spearfighters I will put in 1 spearfighter :lol:

Spear fighters are default defense army. Even a player in OF without manually assigned defense army, will have 2 spear fighters as DA
and those players don't care about getting units plundered
because they already don't care about getting goods and FP plundered

DeletedUser96901

and btw:
if the reason for an idea is to change the default defense army then why not making an idea to change that :rolleyes:

idea:
players with no defense army set will defend with 8 random units from their army manangement
and you don't find the default 2 spearfighters (but still you can find 2 spearfighters if they are set as defense and are not the replacement for an empty defense)

DeletedUser96901

but i'm sick and tired of seeing those 2 spearfighters
that is actually your problem

others have the same feeling when they get plundered :rolleyes:

so your idea is to reduce your bad feeling with increasing the bad feeling of other players

MP75

Master Corporal
except if you make a rule that says it needs to be conected for a few hours for your Traz to produce but that won't pass will it lol , just trying to find a way to end fights against 2 spearfighters here if anyone has a beter idea am fed up with fighting against 2 spearfighters to many players use it as def eaven if spearfighters are way behind the era of their citys
There is no way to change the mind of those having 2 spearfighters defending the city,it's pointless to have a full defense against a player with over 200% attack boost.On East-Nagach i have 60% with 878% defense and sometimes a neighbor managed to kill my entire army,that is why on other worlds where i'm playing i have 1 Spearfighter not 2 defending the city :lol: If you want to win the tournament go and fight on GvG map,if you want to plunder it's way much easier to fight against 2 Spearfighters than against a full regular army.

Agent327

Overlord
When you have to come up with al sort of rules to make an idea work, the idea is no good to begin with.Your approach to what you see is totally wrong. Two spearfighters is the default defending army. If you have a problem with that you should tacjkle that. Not come up with all sort of ideas that still make it possible to put 2 spearfighters in your defence.

Shad23

Emperor
As a matter of fact, setting up defense army is not shown but learned by asking or experimenting.
they show you in tutorial at verry start how to place def army in def slots don't tell me between bronz age and prog eaven if they rush i can't believe they did not take time to place other def then that or in that time asked on chat why they where so much plundered i won't believe you

DeletedUser96901

people don't have a defense because they still lose with a 8 men defense
and they still get plundered with 8 men as defense

because the assumption is wrong: players don't know how to put in a defense

so following idea would remove 2 spearfighters and force everybody to have 8 from their era:
"players with 8 men from their era can't be plundered"
with that you would get rid of 2 spearfighters in defense

Shad23

Emperor
If you want to win the tournament go and fight on GvG map
what do you do if you play on phone or tablet ?
players should be forced by game somehow to place better def troops i repeat this is a loopwhole and should be adressed and somthing must be done to correct it
and you think it's normal to place players with high % of attack and def like those you speak of with players who only way of def is 2 speirfighters , as i said in my proposal if neighborhoods are well balanced no reason this would not work

DeletedUser96901

players should be forced by game somehow to place better def troops
forcing players is not good
(especially when it won't work: you don't defend you lose an unit. but then they would also lose it when they have a defense)

you should reward them for doing it:
a defense of 8 men of the era of the players and he can't be plundered

problem solved ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
you should reward them for doing it:
a defense of 8 men of the era of the players and he can't be plundered
if it works then do it am just tired of seeing that kind of def and yes that would be a way to force players to put better def , just kicking the idea box around here to find a way to solve the problem thanks for input

MP75

Master Corporal
what do you do if you play on phone or tablet ?
If you are playing from mobile phone or tablet you should forget about winning the tournament,PvP Towers are always won by GvG fighters not from fighting against neighbors(check my posts from Forge of Empires Journals and see what i'm trying to say),it's like when you wish to win the first place on a high level Great Building and you have to spend a lot of forge points agaist other players that have a level 80 Arc.

DeletedUser96901

but again there FoE dev's might think it might make game easyer so back to square 1
almost everything makes the game easier

forcing all having a full defense makes getting points easier :P