• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Polishing decorations

Lady Rowena

Private
Can someone explain the problem with polishing decorations? I assume that is trees, flowers, memorials etc. I saw a post that complained about ppl doing this. I've been guilty, because I didn't realized it didn't help. There's seldom anything else to polish.

DeletedUser4879

Can someone explain the problem with polishing decorations? I assume that is trees, flowers, memorials etc. I saw a post that complained about ppl doing this. I've been guilty, because I didn't realized it didn't help. There's seldom anything else to polish.
It looks like that you've just started the game!? Players like to have their big cult. buildings polished as there is more return!
If nothing else is available in the city your visiting, just go for it!;)

DeletedUser96867

Polishing doubles the happiness of a building/decoration for the next 12 hours. If all the large cultural buildings are already polished most players would prefer that you motivated their houses or supply buildings which would double the output of those buildings for the next collect over having the 18 extra happy from polishing a tree. Unless a player specifically requests decorations to be polish i would assume that when players request polish or motivation in their profile they are referring only to polishing cultural buildings and not decorations. The 2 possible exceptions to the rule are the scarecrow and the tree of love/great tree of love which are decorations which give a good amount of happiness especially if they are higher age.

DeletedUser9168

Hi Lady Rowena
to the above, i would add that if you are visiting a Bronze Age or (to a lesser extent) Iron Age city, polishing their decorations may be good for them, as they may not have been able to afford much in the way of cultural buildings yet.
But in higher cities than that, avoid decorations if you can, because they really don't make much difference to happiness levels.

However, if you are looking for blueprints for a Great Building, these are randomly issued when polishing, motivating or plundering buildings in someone else's city. There are no Stone Age GBs - so you will never get BPs from polishing Stone Age stuff - trees & obelisks & such. The BP gained is always from the same age as the building polished/motivated/plundered. If you are desperately hunting for a specific BP, it is often easier to locate a decoration of that era, especially if the player has progressed their city to a higher age.

Final point is that there are a lot of decorations in people's cities at the moment, because they were needed for the Easter Event (where we could hide the eggs). It would help visitors if people deleted a lot of these now that the event has ended!

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
In addition to the above, some longer term players may have acquired certain decorations from quest rewards (Nutcracker, Sundial, etc.) and only have them in their cities as 'trophies', and not because they are actually in need of the happiness provided by such decorations.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

In addition to the above, some longer term players may have acquired certain decorations from quest rewards (Nutcracker, Sundial, etc.) and only have them in their cities as 'trophies', and not because they are actually in need of the happiness provided by such decorations.

However, there is also the fact that players motivate or polish in order to have a chance at obtaining a blueprint, and therefore it should be understood that decorations may get polished because the player wants to get a blueprint from that particular age, regardless of how useful the happiness is to the other player.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
For example though, if a player polishes an ME decoration and there are ME houses available to be motivated, and the profile asks for houses to be motivated, I wouldn't expect much sympathy :p

DeletedUser

For example though, if a player polishes an ME decoration and there are ME houses available to be motivated, and the profile asks for houses to be motivated, I wouldn't expect much sympathy :p

Yes, granted, but if only ME decorations and other age buildings are left, then it would be understandable that a player wanting ME blueprints would choose the decoration. :)

DeletedUser

I just had someone get really mad at me for polishing something for them, I wish I had seen this thread earlier!

The funny thing is that I said I was 'just trying to be nice' and he replied with 'what's nice about polishing?!' :eek: