• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Polishing and Motivating

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Is it possible when aiding another player to assign the benefit to a particular building or are the benefactions purely random

DeletedUser104881

Yes you can. Instead of choosing aid you can visit their city and you will see the option to polish or motivate. Select the action and a star will appear over any eligible building (already motivated/plundered buildings will not show as available). Choosing aid is not a bad option as they are weighted towards the most popular options such as a Shrine of knowledge, but if the player has a specific request you can choose the building if available.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Thanks for that - since your reply I have been PMing like mad using friends neighbours and Guild members. I find there is a limit to the number of players you can PM over a 24 hour period. FAQ's I have read talk about an 80 player limit each for all three sources. That is assuming 80 are taken from each source. What happens when you have Guild members in your friends bar or perhaps neighbours in your Guild bar. Do they both count as one player or two towards your assumed 240 PM limit?????
I could really use some light shed on this topic.

DeletedUser110195

While my reply isn't in relation to your PM limit question, not directly anyway, but to the question you'll ask your friends/guildys/neighbors, it's always safest to motivate supplies first, since coin comes a lot easier. If they don't have a preference written in their profile text, it's also safe to assume they have no preference.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Thanks for addressing that side issue, I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm still investigating and this is what I have discovered so far (still to be confirmed by further observation).
i) I know I can PM 79 friends not 80 because I am also in the friend bar.
ii) I think if these friends are Guild members then you can't use them twice.
iii) I noticed that when I expanded my province's I adopted new neighbours and lost my old ones so when I tried to PM them I couldn't.
iv) This means that it is necessary to restructure our neighbours PM schedule with the new players which should provide a further 79 opportunities
v) The only solution I can see to the doubling up of the Guild and friends bars is to remove all Guild members from the friends bar ( it can't be done the other way round) thus allowing you to top up your friends bar to 79 once more.
vi) The way I see it eventually you have the option of 79 + 79 + 79= 237 slots in the three bars.
vii) You will still have the maximum 79 opportunities to sit in your friends taverns.
At the moment some of this is speculation due to my inexperience. If anyone can qualify any of the previous statements it will save me a lot of research.

Vesiger

Monarch
Neighbourhood reshuffles aren't connected to capturing provinces on the map - that would have been a coincidence! You can invite anyone in your world to be a friend, but if they're not in your neighbourhood then you have to know their name first.
You can have more than 80 friends, but after you reach 80 you can't invite them; they have to invite you.
Having fellow guild members as friends is rather a waste of effort (although it allows you to help one another with tavern visits).

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Thanks for your input Vesiger. So from what you say Tavern visits (which I believe to be important for collection of FP, Blueprints and silver) are only available from players in the friends bar. Once you reach your allotted 80 invited friends the only way to increase Tavern visits is to await new friend applications which are unlimited.
I see your point Guild member friends - the only reason Tavern visits are possible within the Guild bar is because they are friends as well. So clearing Guild members from my friends bar will enable me to invite new friends that I can PM and tavern visit.
The neighbours bar will eventually top out at 80 all of whom I can PM but with no Tavern visits???

DeletedUser110195

You can invite up to 80, but after that you can receive up to 140.

DeletedUser110195

140 in total, after you hit 80 friends you can receive an additional 60.

Gondour

Corporal
I have a Motivation question for experienced chaps pertaining to me one story pagoda.
I saw in Town Hall that my pagoda was motivated at around 5 am this morning.
At roughly 8.30 am it stated +25344 in 9:27:49h
It is still motivated but 3 hours later at around 11.55 am it stated + 12384 in 6:08:13h.
That's just about half of the earlier statement. Why is that?
Very interested to know the answer to this puzzle.

joesoap

Major-General
maybe your cities happiness has dropped, maybe some of the coin boosts have run out, there can be a couple of different reasons