• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Polishing and motivating money

DeletedUser

When a player polishes or motivates a building in another player's city, they receive 20 coins. This is a good incentive for players to come to your city and bless a building, but after awhile it becomes a chore because in later ages 20 coin is no big deal. In the bronze age 20 coin helps players out of jams when money is hard to come by, but in later ages it could seem like a waste of time. My suggestion is with each age a player progresses, the amount of the blessing received goes up. I mean, as you advance to a new age the houses produce more coin, but they also start costing more as well.

This is my suggestion:
Bronze age - 20 coin per blessing per day
Iron age - 30 coin per blessing per day
Early Middle Age - 40 coin per blessing per day
High Middle Age - 50 coin per blessing per day
Late Middle Age - 60 coin per blessing per day
Colonial Age - 70 coin per blessing per day

Now i have been playing for about 3 months, and i am having trouble amassing coin in the late middle age and colonial age, i get frustrated and i loose interest. not even purchasing diamonds helps (and i should know I've bought 9400). Supplies are harvested by the thousands but coins are not even close. This is just a way to get extra coin and keep players interested in progress.

I hope you like my suggestion and give it some thought. Thank You for your time.

Sincerely,
Lord of Magic

DeletedUser

+1 i agree especially in colonial age that sum of coins is not enough...

DeletedUser7719

-1 from me, My opinion on m/p is that the point of motivating and polishing was to be a reward at first, and then slowly turn into a responsibility.

DeletedUser

Collecting 500 coin from your city hall is only a temporary function and will change in future updates.

Allegedly!!

DeletedUser9759

I partially agree. However, it should not scale with your level. The coin reward should scale with the level of the building being polished or motivated. Motivating a perfume factory should not provide the same reward as motivating a stone hut. IMHO

DeletedUser

You get 20 coins in stone age, and you get 20 coins in colonial. Do you guys see something wrong? I know this game is not to be easy, but that is just unproportional, and I think the rewarding system should increase at least a little bit, as you grow higher in ages, as there are higher demands.

DeletedUser

why not both? the amount of gold you receive from houses increase with each new age you build from, and the demand for gold is staggering. how are you really suppose to by a expansion for 100,000 coin when you receive 500 gold from a town hall once a day.
a increase with each new age of 500 is not asking much. is it?

DeletedUser

When a player polishes or motivates a building in another player's city, they receive 20 coins. This is a good incentive for players to come to your city and bless a building, but after awhile it becomes a chore because in later ages 20 coin is no big deal. In the bronze age 20 coin helps players out of jams when money is hard to come by, but in later ages it could seem like a waste of time. My suggestion is with each age a player progresses, the amount of the blessing received goes up. I mean, as you advance to a new age the houses produce more coin, but they also start costing more as well.

This is my suggestion:
Bronze age - 20 coin per blessing per day
Iron age - 30 coin per blessing per day
Early Middle Age - 40 coin per blessing per day
High Middle Age - 50 coin per blessing per day
Late Middle Age - 60 coin per blessing per day
Colonial Age - 70 coin per blessing per day

Now i have been playing for about 3 months, and i am having trouble amassing coin in the late middle age and colonial age, i get frustrated and i loose interest. not even purchasing diamonds helps (and i should know I've bought 9400). Supplies are harvested by the thousands but coins are not even close. This is just a way to get extra coin and keep players interested in progress.

I hope you like my suggestion and give it some thought. Thank You for your time.

Sincerely,
Lord of Magic

I like this idea as it influences members of your guild and friends list to polish and motivate higher level buildings in order to benefit both the giver and the recipient. A very well thought up idea and it has my full support, I ghope that it is seriously considered.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

The only drawback I see to this idea is that some players won't polish/motivate lower level players because of the reward difference. The lower level players probably need the support more than anybody.

DeletedUser

So why not make the rewarding increase depending on the age you are in, not the age of the building you are polishing. Otherwise Bronze players can polish colonial buildings, and get all those coins. But if the rewards increase as you progress through ages, then that becomes fair to everybody, so it doesn't matter of you polish colonial, or stone age, you still get the same amount.

DeletedUser

Ah ha - after rereading the idea, I see that is what he meant. +1 then!

DeletedUser1094

It doesn't get any more difficult to support your fellow Guild-mates or neighbours, no matter which age you're in. Same amount of work, same amount of payment.
Yes, buildings gets more and more expensive... but they also gives greater and greater outputs.

As I see it... In the first age(s), you support to help yourself. In the later ages, you support to help your mates.

Regarding the Town-hall daily reward : It has previously been stated, from the very top, that "something" is in the working, regarding that issue. We'll just have to wait and see...

DeletedUser

thank you for your support.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It doesn't get any more difficult to support your fellow Guild-mates or neighbours, no matter which age you're in. Same amount of work, same amount of payment. . . .

You want to come over and polish my car for me, mate? If we are mates you'll do it once or twice for the cost of a beer but if you are expected to do it every day then you are going to want some compensation other than the good feeling of helping a mate. If you are thinking that you polish mine and I'll polish yours then that ain't working for me this game. I have built up a long list of friends and I take care of my guild mates but the return favors are few and far between.

When things cost more in the advanced ages then the compensation for actions needs to increase appropriately or people just ain't gonna do it. And who is this rewarding? The guys that are actively playing the game and polishing/motivating other players are all benefiting equally.

I love the idea.

+10 to the op (well I would if I could but you'll have to settle for +1)

DeletedUser7719

Well then to balance the game, you must at least give the beginners the minimum wage :p(just lower than 20, I'm not sayin 1 coin)

DeletedUser

What if what age you are in and the level of an individual's building both factored in? For instance, you are in the High Middle Ages and 50 becomes your baseline. Now, you go to a Bronze age person and you polish the blacksmith, when there are plenty of worse things you could've polished. Now, instead of the baseline, you get 55! Not much of a bump, but a little more incentive to help the little guy. Or, perhaps you adjust the baselines to compensate for the possible bonus.

DeletedUser2703

Interesting points, Lord of Magic. They are perfectly legitimate so I hope the InnoGames teams will consider them on their own merit. As has been pointed out, the costs for just about everything increase exponentially the further you progress into the game and it s unfair not to increase the rewards accordingly.

DeletedUser

+1 I think this idea is something needed. It would encourage more motivation/polishing and probably less plundering as once others in your hood get into the iron age and early middle ages beating a 2 spear defense and plundering houses is more rewarding for the attacker than motivating and supporting them. And as mentioned it seems that no one gets as much return actions from others in their hood as they give out (myself included).

Also interesting point in the last post

KN33 - the costs for just about everything increase exponentially the further you progress into the game and it s unfair not to increase the rewards accordingly

Does anyone know of any topics discussing this? I can't find any and have been looking for a while and want to get some opinions

DeletedUser

cos you guyz want everything automatic
you have to form relationships/packs with others so you get motivate/polish. its the part of game
this is a mutualist system, if you increase reward then people do it to gain coin, not because of the relationship, people should do it to receive motibate/polish aswell, thats the point of motivation and polish, thats why its there in game.