• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Polishing and motivating money

DeletedUser

These are my personal opinions on the topic, so take it for what you will.

They have already added extra benefits to motivating other players-- Great Building blueprints. That's why I make sure to motivate everyone in my guild, not the gold received.

Not to mention the intangible benefits to motivating people: they are more likely to motivate you back in return. And being motivated does scale with your Age, since you gain more from having a later Age building motivated than an earlier Age one.

I mean, really, nobody does it for the gold that's given. Even if the OP's suggestion was put into place as is, would 70g per motivate in the Colonial Age make you more likely to do it, if you weren't already before?

DeletedUser3723

Lord Vortican wipes his royal behind with 70 gold! This will no more motivate His Greatness to motivate or support his fellow nobles than 20 gold. Verily, the Mighty Lord Vortican supports his guild, he supports his vassals, and he supports his fellow nobles, but one should not receive additional compensation for doing so. 'Tis far better to receive allegiance in return, which is far more valuable than gold.

DeletedUser

+1 from me!

I think that a little increase of reward, say 40 in stead of 20 coins depending on the age you're in, is in no way disproportionate and will benefit both the polisher and the recipient. Doing daily rounds of your guild mates and your friends and perhaps neighbours can get quite tiresome.
This can serve as an incentive to keep doing it regularly (hence it being beneficial to the recipient). In this way, supporting the towns you're visiting will feel worth it, because of the increased reward, even in cases when the gesture is not reciprocated (which is often, trust me).

DeletedUser

Lord Vortican wipes his royal behind with 70 gold! This will no more motivate His Greatness to motivate or support his fellow nobles than 20 gold. Verily, the Mighty Lord Vortican supports his guild, he supports his vassals, and he supports his fellow nobles, but one should not receive additional compensation for doing so. 'Tis far better to receive allegiance in return, which is far more valuable than gold.

Here, here, for style as well as substance. Visiting is to support your friends not personal gain :)

DeletedUser

+ 0,5 from me :). It's a good idea, but let's see a different angle. When you polish/motivate and get the help back in the later stages of the game - this help means a lot. When you get your hut motivated you get only 6 coins more, but when you get your town house motivated you get +400 coins. So if everyone was active and motivated back, that would be the biggest reward.

DeletedUser

I partially agree. However, it should not scale with your level. The coin reward should scale with the level of the building being polished or motivated. Motivating a perfume factory should not provide the same reward as motivating a stone hut. IMHO

+1 on this one this would influence members of guilds and friends lists to support the best buildings in your city and vice versa.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser2989

The concept of increasing the rewards from Aid/Motivating/Polishing has been forwarded, however the exact value of the increased rewards has been left open for discussion within Inno.