• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Polish/Motivate improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
My idea is to create an additional method to polish and motivate players within your guild and friends list similar to the auto finish option in the battles screen. The idea is to be able to click a button when you visit someone and boost the building of their choice based on what they have chosen as a priority,.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

YES; I am not too good with traversing this forum but iIhave had a general look around and haven't seen any which are close to my proposal.

Reason:
Some players have already obtained the blueprints that they need and only wish to visit other players cities to return mutual Polish/Motivate support. I think that this enhancement is necessary to reduce the impact of this task which is by far the most tedious aspect of the game. I think that if the time performing this task was reduced that players would enjoy their gamin play much more and be able to focus their efforts on the more enjoyable aspect of FOE. I know that some players like to visit other players cities to have a look around and I think that should also be allowed and the current system can still be kept along side my proposal to cater for those still searching for blueprints and such. This proposal will also eliminate errors when visiting members of your guild/friends list as we often make mistakes and accidentally polish an insignificant decoration from time to time infuriating FOE folk.

Details:
Players already change their city names to reflect their preferences when players visit them in the format of P~M~H~D or a key similar to this. I specifically propose that we have the ability to reflect this preference as an individual via our profile page, in a manner which will allow players to auto boost your buildings with the click of a button. The system could be very similar to that which is used to reflect our goods production and needs only difference would be that it is linked to an auto Polish/Motivate button. The auto click button will automatically boost the next available building or decoration in order of firstly preference and then secondly in order of benefit (largest befitting building will be boosted before smaller ones). Players will still have to visit each player individually but when looking at their city layout they will not need to look around for the best building to boost as they can quickly auto boost in line with that players preferences.

Visual Aids:
I have no visual aids to promote this suggestion.

Balance:
This idea will not have an impact on other aspects of game play as I propose that it run along side in addition to the more manual visiting aspect to Polish/Motivate. Players will still have to visit members individually so rewards of blueprints will be rewarded individually not in bulk so it shouldn't overload the game and cause any crashes.

Abuse Prevention:
I can't see any potential for abuse in this proposal as it is a simple enhancement to a current system.

Summary:
I would like to see this idea made as a non diamond aspect of the game so that majority of players can use it as i think that it would improve daily game play for all and ultimately retain current players who may otherwise become bored and stop playing as the game may become tedious over time for some.

DeletedUser14914

here is a new idea , how about , being able to visit another guild members city , by clicking on his / her picture / avatar in message threads , in the same way you can already send them a private mail by doing just that , ?????????????????????????????????????

DeletedUser

here is a new idea , how about , being able to visit another guild members city , by clicking on his / her picture / avatar in message threads , in the same way you can already send them a private mail by doing just that , ?????????????????????????????????????

I think that if you are proposing a new idea you need to follow the correct procedure and not post on other proposals. Like my idea, reject it or post your own in the ideas section using the correct format.

DeletedUser

I would give this a +1 because I would like to see an easy way to complete the mot/pol. But I think it violates the rule in the 'sticky', 'must read' thread that says:

Dont put up ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

DeletedUser

I would give this a +1 because I would like to see an easy way to complete the mot/pol. But I think it violates the rule in the 'sticky', 'must read' thread that says:

Nevermind the rule in the sticky...rules can be changed .
Great idea ddrd would make this game much more enjoyable knowing a click is all it takes to p/m
big ole +1 from me.

DeletedUser6461

-1 from me.
The reason has already pointed out by GrossEyeEh:
Don't put up ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.:
Imo, any ideas which reduce the time required to "play" this game will unbalance the total concept and will be a disaster. Also, this will reduce the value of Polish/motivate which is an essential part of this well knitted game.

DeletedUser

-1 from me.
The reason has already pointed out by GrossEyeEh:

Imo, any ideas which reduce the time required to "play" this game will unbalance the total concept and will be a disaster. Also, this will reduce the value of Polish/motivate which is an essential part of this well knitted game.

The time to play would be pretty much the same as we would still have to visit every player individually and still have to click just once in each players city so I don't see any violation just improvement for the recipient in terms of getting what they need and preventing mistakes when players visit each other.

DeletedUser6461

The time to play would be pretty much the same as we would still have to visit every player individually and still have to click just once in each players city so I don't see any violation just improvement for the recipient in terms of getting what they need and preventing mistakes when players visit each other.

The main time consuming act is to check and react to the exact needs of the player. If that is made in auto mode, I think, it would make the game much easier. That's my humble opinion.

DeletedUser

The main time consuming act is to check and react to the exact needs of the player. If that is made in auto mode, I think, it would make the game much easier. That's my humble opinion.

The button I am proposing is for just that, to provide exactly what the player requires without mistakes as in the current form players are not getting what they desire. But I do respect you take on this subject and respect that you reject the proposal, lets see what other think.

DeletedUser2989

The Aid button is about as close as this idea is going to get to being implemented (only part that won't get implemented is the player chosen preference system). So acknowledging that a perfect priority system for the aid button is not going to come (though an improved one might come along) I'm making this as implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.